Thread: Question about the next replica toy run, if any?

Question about the next replica toy run, if any?

Hello! I'm new here, here's my intro thread
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...8919-Greetings!

So, I see around 2000-2001 they ran a replica series of the original toy run. Well, it's been over ten years, are there are any plans for another run of the original series? I have a two year old and would really like for him to have the figures, replicas being fine, new and with all the weapons. I really regret getting rid of my collection many, many years ago, but who knew? He's only two so if it doesn't happen for a couple of years that would work out fine too, but is there any possibility that another run may be on the horizon? I've been in Toy R Us recently and the action figure section is really hurting and in need.

Heroic Warrior
    until MOTUC runs out...i would say there is zero chance. but i agree with you...i think a vintage type line would be perfect. very very few toys now have any character or fun factor, it seems.

Hi Ben! Which MOTU line do you mean? I think a rerun of the classic line would sell on the market with no problem, there seems to be a lot of interest these days. I feel sorry for the kids of today, they don't know what they're missing. So far my son has a collection of various dinosaurs, but he still has time before he's ready for action figures. Hopefully, it'll come along.

Heroic Warrior
    HI!

the modern classics line. mattel does not appear friendly to doing much outside of the line. the mini masters are the first.
    my son (almost 3) has finally gotten into action figures a bit. he plays with my more beat-up MOTU figures and he loves the new TMNT (which are AWESOME by the way).
    it is pretty sad going into a TRU now though. i think mattel could really have something awesome if they did a well designed, cheaper, MOTU retail line. the original line, when you really look at it, was INCREDIBLY well designed. well not remotely realistic, the shape of the bodies and the side of the waist meant the figure fit well in your hand when you held it there. the figure's arms don't rub on the top of your hand and legs don't get in the way. and the angles of the elbows and knees are great. when i look at the knock-offs the first thing that sticks out is how odd the knee angles look.