Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you have MOTU's "Ultimate Evil" look like? (Unnamed One Spoilers)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

What would you have MOTU's "Ultimate Evil" look like? (Unnamed One Spoilers)

We're gonna play a game.

Many fans were displeased at a Trollan, a race that is known in most canons to be these comical, child-oriented little aliens, being the Ultimate Evil behind the Snake Men and other things. That makes the Unnamed One a huge stretch for many fans who were expecting one of the most terrifying things in MOTU.

That being said, try to find a visual idea of what would approach your idea of the Unnamed One!

Original form:

Real form after He-Man and She-Ra gave it significant damage:

Let's go!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Court Magician
    One name. Emiliano. Just looked at a drawing of his over at the UNO thread. That would've been perfect.

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    I'll play.

Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Hmm....going with the 'Unnamed One as Ultimate Evil' concept (as opposed to simply 'secret master of the Snake Men', because then I'm fine with Hordak)... then I'm going to cop out and think that bringing him onscreen is a mistake. Filmation was able to pull it off in "Wizard of Snake Mountain" in part because the design was so abstract, and he was only there for a few minutes. But I don't think that would translate well to action figure format. This is the kind of thing best glimpsed only fleetingly or in shadows, IMO.

Disclaimer: I ran with this concept in my old fanfiction, where the Unnamed One--or the "Nameless Evil"--was, quite literally, the Devil. He 'spoke' to a handful of characters--Skeletor, Scare Glow, my own Snake Man creation Cobrithanus, and He-Man at the climax--but never appeared 'in person'.

Now, if you want to go with him as just the Ancient Emperor of the Snake Men, then hmmm....something mixing JoeyCruel's design,

and this reimagined Golobulus I just found on a Google Image Search

would be pretty darn cool.

1904099_10203093501688666_900651649_n.jpg

this is a good start.

maybe a more ornate design for dark dream or Angast from filmation, or that fire entity the spirit of evil from Wizrd of stone mountain, but again, redesigned by the horsemen with embellishments etc.

any of these three would satisfy the 'love letter' thing and also fit with 'vintage heavy' they HAVE filmation rights, it would be awesome.

I lean heavily towards a spirit of evil character it could come with Lokus packed in. just have the horsemen redesign the SoE as they can, it would be AWESOME!!!
    Last edited by krosfyah; February 10, 2014 at 04:14pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I always wanted UNO to be the UK King Hiss. i always wanted some from existing media.

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar
    Last edited by CapricornDefender; February 10, 2014 at 04:29pm.
    Bugul Noz: The Glorious Hunter
    "So why Oo-Lar? The answer is simple. We really couldn't afford to put boots on He-Man, or sculpt exciting new bracers or armor components. We're just too broke. In a first for any figure- bare feet."

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    I like the figure, but I was expecting something more like this...

Monster-Snake.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    We're gonna play a game.

Many fans were displeased at a Trollan, a race that is known in most canons to be these comical, child-oriented little aliens, being the Ultimate Evil behind the Snake Men and other things. That makes the Unnamed One a huge stretch for many fans who were expecting one of the most terrifying things in MOTU.

That being said, try to find a visual idea of what would approach your idea of the Unnamed One!

Original form:

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/ec9AD_KxtyM/hqdefault.jpg

Real form after He-Man and She-Ra gave it significant damage:

http://2e130c55e0c2763c8a20-c7a4d0fe...b0113026f8.jpg

Let's go!

Love the nod to the Phantasy Star series!!! Darkforce!! BEST game series ever!!!

I think the UNO should have been an old robed wizard or something along the lines of Lord Masque...
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I was hoping the Unnamed One was going to turn out to be God Skeletor. We've got plenty of time travelers now, so I'm sure they could've made the story fit.

Sadly, we got Dark Orko (cough Dorko cough) instead.

Heroic Warrior
    skeletor-2.jpg
    Skeletor, after beeing defeated by He-Man and thrown into the timestream at Eternia Tower
    or
    Poster_3.jpg
    Balrog-like beeing created when all Evil was once purged from Eternia and Etheria to protect the powers of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    I was hoping the Unnamed One was going to turn out to be God Skeletor. We've got plenty of time travelers now, so I'm sure they could've made the story fit.

http://www.angelfire.com/la2/jjoeyb/NEW15.jpg

Sadly, we got Dark Orko (cough Dorko cough) instead.
    Same here, I was hoping that the Unnamed One was going to be Skeletor who somehow cheated death at the hands of He-Man. Even though King Hiss is probably my favorite of the 3 vintage leaders, I do recognize that Skeletor is and should be the big bad villain of the franchise of which, no other villain should be able to fully eclipse him.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I am not that into the concept of the Unnamed One as a whole, but then again once upon a time I didn't love Horde Prime, but that design won me over.

For the Unnamed One though, his name seems to suggest that he should be very shadowy and mysterious. So I would either go with something LOTR Nazgul like: Nazgul.PNG, or if there was going to be a reptilian nature kind of like a custom figure I did a while back: 1485101_575689382512601_539008947_n.jpg
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

It's sad when Classics New Adventures Skeletor looks more imposing than who we're scheduled to get for the Unnamed One. But if taken within the context of this character being someone else's interpretation of evil personified, I can deal with it. I really hate the Monday morning quarterbacking of fandom sometimes as obviously everyone thinks they can do things better, but in this case TG and crew did the best they could and I'm not going to sully that vision by ******** on it with my whining.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

These are all great images of evil incarnate, but I don't think that is what the Unnamed One is. He is the Evil Lord of Chaos which implies he is the type of creature that creates chaos by setting things in motion and watching the outcome. He is smart, magic, and devious. Doing things like creating a new species of Snakemen and unleashing them on the universe just to see what happens. I see him as an evil Puck type character that gets amusement out of creating chaos. Not necessarily someone with an end goal but someone causing problems just to see what happens. He doesn't want to rule the universe, just throw wrenches in the gears to cause problems for those who do.

He probably wants to stay out if the way and not attract a lot of attention to himself. He doesn't care who takes over the universe, be it Horde, Skeletor, Snakemen, or the Masters, he just wants to cause problems for them. He probably comes to light more in the future because all the main threats become defeated and chaos subsides. The Masters then start to take notice when this little **** starts wrecking havok in their lives.

I think the figure we are getting represents an evil little ****** pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    Hmm....going with the 'Unnamed One as Ultimate Evil' concept (as opposed to simply 'secret master of the Snake Men', because then I'm fine with Hordak)... then I'm going to cop out and think that bringing him onscreen is a mistake. Filmation was able to pull it off in "Wizard of Snake Mountain" in part because the design was so abstract, and he was only there for a few minutes. But I don't think that would translate well to action figure format. This is the kind of thing best glimpsed only fleetingly or in shadows, IMO.

Disclaimer: I ran with this concept in my old fanfiction, where the Unnamed One--or the "Nameless Evil"--was, quite literally, the Devil. He 'spoke' to a handful of characters--Skeletor, Scare Glow, my own Snake Man creation Cobrithanus, and He-Man at the climax--but never appeared 'in person'.

Now, if you want to go with him as just the Ancient Emperor of the Snake Men, then hmmm....something mixing JoeyCruel's design,

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/9696/rdl5.jpg

and this reimagined Golobulus I just found on a Google Image Search

http://www.starwarsgeek.net/images/golobulus/024.jpg

would be pretty darn cool.
    Yes!!! See all of those exclamation points? Those are because I have been picturing the UNO as Golobulus with the Snake Mountain monster face (no need to repost the pic from above). I imagined him as a cloaked being, hooded with his face in darkness. Remove the cloak, swap the head...Snake Mtn Golobulus. Ha! That was my hope.

This thread is the perfect example of why we now need a mini sub of the UNO's council, lol. Silly idea,but still...I want some of these!
    Last edited by Kreann'ot; February 10, 2014 at 07:01pm.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

Heroic Warrior
    They could have kept the Trollen look, but made him tall, like a male shadow weaver, but more detailed, he could have had the same costume but with a necromancer rotten fanged blue pointy ear head with long muscular arms

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    They could have kept the Trollen look, but made him tall, like a male shadow weaver, but more detailed, he could have had the same costume but with a necromancer rotten fanged blue pointy ear head with long muscular arms
    Although I WANTED a serpent lower half, your description is exactly what I expected. So many times, I argued that Trollan origins don't equal small Trollan body when magic and gene manipulation come into play. I expected a large trollan with the Snake Mtn face under a hood.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    I agree with this, minus the Muscular arms. I think a hunched over frail figure could have looked wicked. The Trollan vibe mashed with a Horde Wraith would have been my speed. I like the faceless approach to a Trollan, but I guess I wanted a full figure, not a small floating guy.

Heroic Warrior
    My idea would be something like a Skeksis (specifically Skekna the slave master) from Dark Crystal

He not only looks really evil and imposing, it would be a nice tie in to Snake Mountain

In the way that Castle Grayskullman represents the spirit of Castle Grayskull and sports the iconic castle "face," an UNO who looked like this would represent the spirit of Snake Mountain and sport SM's "face." They could even easily reuse the King Hisss staff as an homage to the snake at the top of snake mountain, similar to how Castle Grayskullman has two swords like the castle flag. This would even further the connection to him being the leader of the... wait for it... Snake Men.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 245am; February 10, 2014 at 08:35pm.

I know this is a "hate the supprise reveal" Gorpo thing, but....

I like dark Trollan. As I have said alot elsewhere, and just in general as well, I hate how we link over detail as more impressive. I love MOTU and I love MOTUC and I love the simplistic design. That's why while I like Draego man, he's too "obvious" and over done for me. He's great, but...

I never like how a character has to have some ultimate evil overdone form. Like in many Anime. Or like how in Castlevania we couldnt just had dracula. We had to have him turn into some overdone giant monster.

I prefer just Dracula. A dude in a suit.

So for this, I think a dark fallen ancient Trollan is just perfect. I'd also refrence the most recent (and frankly basically every) iteration of The Master. Just a dude. But a dude with well written and perfectly executed menace and genius.

We dont need some big thing. Sure, that can be "god mode" evil, when it has to manifest something powerful to fight. But really basic brute force is so banal and irrelevant to true powerful evil.

That whisper in the ear that you want to trust, it seems so harmless. I love what has been apparently revealed as the Unnamed one. For me, that's fine as an ultimate evil. Obviously HOrde Prime is the most ultimate so far, but also an obvious thing to fight and rally against.

It's the far more subtle evil that wins the day, and for that a fallen Trollan is just tops.

I was expecting this:
    lis4.jpg

What I got was this:
    protectedimage.jpg

Alternate Head:
    9bf169146fa7606f30cb316757814ef9.jpg

I too pictured something resembling a Skeksis with the snake Mountain face. Someone slightly taller than Horde Prime and robed.

This is it right here
    Joker-the-joker-9028188-1024-768.jpg

It's hard to say what I was expecting. Not what we got, BUT...once I stewed a bit on it, I love the idea that a comical, yet powerful race could produce an evil seed. And why the heck not? Saying "These guys are too goofy to be evil!" is like saying you couldn't possibly believe that Hermey the elf would want to be a dentist (Rankin/Bass Rudolph). It's a common story! One of 'em goes the opposite direction from the rest.

Anyway...what was I expecting? I was suspecting Skeletor in some form, but I didn't want it to be him. I wanted something ancient, and yet, some sorta Eldritch Horror would be too obvious. Yeah yeah yeah...big tentacle monster. Seen it, heard it, beat it in many video games, and totally expected. So I know I totally didn't want that.

I guess I wanted to be surprised. And I was! This was outta left field for me, even if people kept saying it might be a Trollan. I just didn't think that would be the route they'd take. Now that they have: I'm warm to it! It's the surprise I didn't know I wanted, and that's the best kind.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.