Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G.I. Joe A Real American Hero 6" Scale Figures, Vehicles - Would you be Interested?

G.I. Joe A Real American Hero 6" Scale Figures, Vehicles - Would you be Interested?

Let's hope Hasbro is revealing these soon!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

is this really a rumor? this would be fantastic,,,, !!!
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a DARKSIDE.

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    is this really a rumor? this would be fantastic,,,, !!!
    Not sure . . . but since there is a 6" Star Wars line and MOTU line, let's hope it happens between NYTF and SDCC!

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

man of man.. would i love to see RAH get the "black "treatment"..... just kinda lost interest in the 3.75 stuff after the 25th anniversary finished up...
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a DARKSIDE.

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    man of man.. would i love to see RAH get the "black "treatment"..... just kinda lost interest in the 3.75 stuff after the 25th anniversary finished up...
    I was into the 25th stuff for a while, but they started releasing too many non-ARAH items, then many of the figures weren't exactly "classic/vintage" in part sharing and sculpt. I also don't care for 3 3/4 scale anymore after owning MOTUC and SW Black.

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    That would be awesome! I would have to start collecting them (just like the SW Black 6" figures) because I never had a chance to have them as a kid. So, BRING 'EM ON!!!
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

What I would love to see most is 12" versions of the old 3 3/4" figures like what Gentle Giant is doing with old Kenner Star Wars figures.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

That would be awful if they did that. I love GI Joe and would be "forced" to get them but I HATE 6" scale figures. May favorite scale has always been the 3.75 inch figures.

If Hasbro did make a 6 inch GI Joe series I hope they have some better designers for the heads than the Star Wars Black series.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    That would be awful if they did that. I love GI Joe and would be "forced" to get them but I HATE 6" scale figures. May favorite scale has always been the 3.75 inch figures.
    Well, some of us love and prefer the 6" model. So, here's hoping they DO make them. But I do agree that I hope they improve the human face sculpts. Though I think the non-human head sculpts for SW Black have been fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Well, some of us love and prefer the 6" model. So, here's hoping they DO make them. But I do agree that I hope they improve the human face sculpts. Though I think the non-human head sculpts for SW Black have been fantastic.
    No, that would be great for you guys that like that scale. Awful for me as I would spend some serious coin on the line even though it is out of scale.

SW Black non-human heads have been OK but human heads...yeeesh! Even the smaller scale...horrid.

Not gonna happen. The extra scale for Star Wars is becuase SW is a massively successful brand and can support several layers of product, from those horrible 5 POA figures for the kids up to the Black series.

GI Joe is already bordering cancellation. The ROC toyline was a flop and Retaliation did even worse. The brand is only hanging on because Hasbro OWNS it and does not need to pay any form of licensing fees for it.

So no, a "luxury" line at retail right now is very unlikely, especially since SW Black isn't doing too well now.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Unfortunately, with the way Hasbro's been (man)handling the Joe brand the past few years, a lot of people have lost interest and the fans are really just the people who hang on because they were there from the start. If this were 3-4 years ago it'd be something, but now it'd feel too little, too late, and with the lack of retailer interest and the lack of Hasbro's interest, even if it did happen it'd be such a trainwreck that it'd be pointless. They'll be poorly stocked and hard to find, as the current 4" stuff is. People like me used to be fans, but a lot of us got burned too many times with Hasbro's incompetence and lack of caring, so we gave up, and I wouldn't bother with GI Joe again if you paid me.

In short- this is an idea that should've happened years ago, but if they do it now it's just too late to matter.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Unfortunately, with the way Hasbro's been (man)handling the Joe brand the past few years,
    Problem isn't with Hasbro, it's with US retail chains like Walmart, Target and TRU not wanting to stock army toys anymore. After the massive amounts of public backlash after the war on terror and second Iraq war army toys have been something retail chains have been shying away from because they have (real or imagined) heard that parents don't want their kids playing with "real" army toys.

So in short, it's not due to Hasbro at all. If it was up to them you'd have Joes everywhere. Blame the US retail system which is absolutely awful.

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Well, some of us love and prefer the 6" model. So, here's hoping they DO make them.
    Yeah, I am also one of those that personally prefer the 6" scale.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Yeah, I am also one of those that personally prefer the 6" scale.
    Yes, the level of detail, physical matter, and often the articulation is just better to me.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I think we'll be more likely to see 6" Joes in the Masher style.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Not gonna happen. The extra scale for Star Wars is becuase SW is a massively successful brand and can support several layers of product, from those horrible 5 POA figures for the kids up to the Black series.

GI Joe is already bordering cancellation. The ROC toyline was a flop and Retaliation did even worse. The brand is only hanging on because Hasbro OWNS it and does not need to pay any form of licensing fees for it.
    Unfortunately you are 100% correct. The only retail chain that actually wanted to carry the Retaliation Joes was TRU. According to reports, Target; Walmart; and the rest were forced to carry them by Hasbro.

I'd like a 6" line but if it's the same quality as SW Black, I'd pass. That line has been a huge letdown IMO.

Honestly, I more than happy with Sideshow's 1/6 Joe line. It's probably my favorite current line.

I would love a 6 in Joe line, but I've already gone insane finding most of the 25th and 30th figures. But I'd probably get sold as soon as they showed up.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Big Boa is the only figure I'd want but bring on the 6" regardless!
    Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post

Honestly, I more than happy with Sideshow's 1/6 Joe line. It's probably my favorite current line.
    Oh I so wish I could afford to collect Sideshow figures. That Cobra Commander is utter perfection in toy form.

I'd love to have the main core characters in 6" scale with a lot of articulations in the same way as DCUC, but I'm quite afraid of the resulting face sculpts
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    but I'm quite afraid of the resulting face sculpts
    That would be my fear - I'm sure some would be hit and miss.

Anyway, given that there was hardly anything shown at NYTF for Joes, here's hoping to a SDCC reveal for 6" ARAH Joes aimed at collectors!

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I have thought for several years now that a 6" line would probably be the only way I'd buy Joes again. Of course, even then it would be highly dependent on how they turned out and I'd still probably only care about the Cobra High Command and the top tier Joes.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    While I wouldn't mind some 6" versions with the kind of detail we see in the Star Wars Black series, you run into a bigger problem with the Joes than with the universe long ago and far away. The vehicles are a big part of the Joe line, more so I'd say than Star Wars, and most of the mainstay vehicles would be prohibitive at the 6" scale. The price tag on a Hiss Tank alone would likely put off most folks. A motorcycle or trouble bubble would be about the extent of what we could realistically see.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I actually think that Hasbro has drop the ball on G.I.Joe already. Even though that the line is celebrating 50th Ann, Hasbro feels much pleased with what they are getting with Transformers, Star Wars & Marvel.

Joe's has become pretty much their black sheep since they swapped from 25th Ann style to ROC, POC, 30th and Retaliation. They thought that movies would be beneficial for them as the Transformers movies were; but actually they ended up doing more harm than good. Even more so when Retaliation was pushed back from Summer 2012 to Springtime 2013 and no new Joes were released then.
    The last lackluster and pretty boring animated series did not helped either. I wish they would have done a regular series based on Resolute with Joaquim Dos Santos at art department and plots.

I hardly doubt that Hasbro would resurrect Joes based on what they have shown yesterday and even launch a 6" collectors line, but I do hope that I may finally get a Low Light in 25th-30th Ann style from that 2-pack
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread