Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your vision of Horde World?

What is your vision of Horde World?

Just for fun...

Have we ever seen any actual depictions of Horde World or its inhabitants? What do you suppose it/they look like? I know many people don't accept Horde Prime in their canon, so that's not the question here. Classics is heading to Horde World with She-Ra vs HP. What are your thoughts on what this will look like, and what of Horde Prime's henchmen? He hasn't been given any!

I imagine Horde World will resemble the Filmation Fright Zone, but with more integration of tech and organics. It is far older and had more resources than the Fright Zone. I'm picturing something between a Geiger drawing and ancient, stone monuments.

I'm also going by Filmation for the look of the inhabitants. I imagine they look like Prince Zed, but grow more and more like Hordak and HP as they age AND use dark magic. As far as his minions...what do you think?

I'm placing Mosquitor and Cy-Chop with HP, after the Second Ultimate Battleground. I plan on placing Shield Maiden and Ditz with him, as well (my Dawg will have grown a conscience and changed sides). I'm also creating a middle Kur brother based on the Kevin Kosse/Gbagok Horde Prime head.

In my imaginings, I also think Catra would have returned to Horde World and be represented in Horde World armor, based on one of her vintage variants. She brings with her The Snake Formerly Known as Mekaneck, who has survived and joined the Horde.

Jump on board my crazy babbling train and explain your visions about these mysterious details. No one's right or wrong here... I just wanted to start a lighthearted discussion.
    Last edited by Kreann'ot; February 12, 2014 at 01:51pm.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

Detroit. In winter.

Actually, much like the Filmation Fright Zone, but everywhere. Like the area of Coruscant that Obi-Wan and Anakin flew over in AOTC with all the factories and refineries and such, but uglier and meaner. Scary.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Did Mattel ever bother to explain in which universe the Horde World is located? Because from the Filmation cartoon, the MYP series,and the current DC comics it seems that existed in a different Universe/dimension. But in the MOTUC canon it seems that the Horde World is in the same universe with Eternia. And so if it is, why during the 5000 years from the death of King grayskull, they didn't make any attempt to invade Eternia?

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Detroit. In winter.

Actually, much like the Filmation Fright Zone, but everywhere. Like the area of Coruscant that Obi-Wan and Anakin flew over in AOTC with all the factories and refineries and such, but uglier and meaner. Scary.
    That is exactly what I was thinking. Kind of a cross between the bad parts of Courescant, and Apokolips in DC (Darkseid's planet).

I imagibe that it is a vast planet wide city with tons of factories and industrial complexes that keep the Horde war machine stocked. And the biggest structure there is Horde Prime's citadel, sort of a techno Barad dur.

I see a lot of black and red colors too.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Detroit. In winter.

Haha!
    Also - yes! Coruscant at night, but creepier! That's a lot closer to my vision than how I described it.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

Heroic Warrior
    2984251-6548209875-262_m.jpgimg_1313324917_8.jpg
    A bit like Apokolips. But instead of the Monuments to Darkseid there would be Horde Symbols and carvings of The Prime(s). The water is poison and the air a noxiuos fume. The Landscape, if something like that is left at all, a barren, dry wasteland. All structures are very old, decayed, dirty. Corrupted by the technovirus Hordeworld became a living machineplanet creating all sorts of warmachines driven by the will of the Prime.
    A place where all hope is lost,

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    It's a lot like Bowser Land in Super Mario 3D World... only a bit darker and with the Horde.

(just kidding )

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Did Mattel ever bother to explain in which universe the Horde World is located? Because from the Filmation cartoon, the MYP series,and the current DC comics it seems that existed in a different Universe/dimension. But in the MOTUC canon it seems that the Horde World is in the same universe with Eternia. And so if it is, why during the 5000 years from the death of King grayskull, they didn't make any attempt to invade Eternia?
    Seems to be in the same universe. Different area of space. I think the Horde World map that is coming next month lays it out fairly well, though obviously the scales are all wonky.
    I would assume that after Hordak's big defeat at the hands of Grayskull, they decided that attacking Eternia directly was too risky and just focused on building the empire. Why the interim was so long is a good question!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarthKant View Post
    2984251-6548209875-262_m.jpgimg_1313324917_8.jpg
    A bit like Apokolips. But instead of the Monuments to Darkseid there would be Horde Symbols and carvings of The Prime(s). The water is poison and the air a noxiuos fume. The Landscape, if something like that is left at all, a barren, dry wasteland. All structures are very old, decayed, dirty. Corrupted by the technovirus Hordeworld became a living machineplanet creating all sorts of warmachines driven by the will of the Prime.
    A place where all hope is lost,
    Nice! Those pictures are perfectly creepy! Would be funny if the Kur brothers became ugly as a result of...pollution! Here's your modern MOTU PSA about caring for the environment!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    It's a lot like Bowser Land in Super Mario 3D World... only a bit darker and with the Horde.

http://cdn3-www.craveonline.com/asse...se_Trailer.jpg

(just kidding )
    Why just kidding? That place is terrifying!
    Last edited by Kreann'ot; February 12, 2014 at 02:40pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    Seems to be in the same universe. Different area of space. I think the Horde World map that is coming next month lays it out fairly well, though obviously the scales are all wonky.
    I would assume that after Hordak's big defeat at the hands of Grayskull, they decided that attacking Eternia directly was too risky and just focused on building the empire. Why the interim was so long is a good question!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice! Those pictures are perfectly creepy! Would be funny if the Kur brothers became ugly as a result of...pollution! Here's your modern MOTU PSA about caring for the environment!

Why just kidding? That place is terrifying!
    So when Horde Prime learned that his brother was defeated/exiled by an Eternian king, wouldn't be more logical for him trying to free or vindicate him and razing to the ground Eternia? (don't forget we speaking about the Preeternian barbarian world, without the technological advantages of Randor's Eternia). And how it's possible that Horde Prime and Hordak communicating in the Filmation cartoon if they were located on different dimensions.

One does not simply walk into Horde World. Its black gates are guarded by more than just Troopers. There is evil there that does not sleep. The great Prime is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire, ash, and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand Heroic Warriors could you do this. It is folly.

I agree with the above posters really - a slightly decaying and overgrown Coruscant mixed with Tron Legacy but with a very heavy almost Nazi-Germany level of propaganda.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Hmm, I kinda picture Horde World to be like a planetary version of the beginning to Joe vs the Volcano...

Look, there's Prince Zed all grown up, too!

Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    So when Horde Prime learned that his brother was defeated/exiled by an Eternian king, wouldn't be more logical for him trying to free or vindicate him and razing to the ground Eternia? (don't forget we speaking about the Preeternian barbarian world, without the technological advantages of Randor's Eternia). And how it's possible that Horde Prime and Hordak communicating in the Filmation cartoon if they were located on different dimensions.
    As far as Hordak and HP communicating in Filmation, Filmation had them in the same dimension. Eternia and Etheria were separate dimensions, but Etheria and Horde World were just a spaceship-trip away from each other. A long trip, yes, but no dimension hopping or portals. Classics canon isn't using that model, though with the Spirit of Hordak creating Skeletor, communication between the dimensions is still shown as possible in Classics. For ME, the giant hand/smoke/mask that was Horde Prime was a mechanical interface he used to communicate with Hordak across the dimensional barrier. Techno-magic. That's how I resolve the canon differences for myself.

Classics is the first time that I had ever heard anything about The Horde NOT being from a dimension other than Eternia (but I also am unfamiliar with comics and foreign versions, etc). Then again, has it truly been stated where they came from? I'm just assuming they came from Horde World, but perhaps they didn't?

But, yeah, the part about Horde Prime attacking Eternia...dunno! I was just making an attempt to figure it out, since you asked. I really have no idea about that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    One does not simply walk into Horde World. Its black gates are guarded by more than just Troopers. There is evil there that does not sleep. The great Prime is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire, ash, and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand Heroic Warriors could you do this. It is folly.

I agree with the above posters really - a slightly decaying and overgrown Coruscant mixed with Tron Legacy but with a very heavy almost Nazi-Germany level of propaganda.
    Wow. Evil Coruscant seems popular!

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    Hmm, I kinda picture Horde World to be like a planetary version of the beginning to Joe vs the Volcano...

http://a66c7b.medialib.glogster.com/...olcano-jpg.jpg

http://apocalypseknow.files.wordpres...ndane-life.jpg

http://photos-ak.sparkpeople.com/5/3/b539466547.jpg

Last edited by Kreann'ot; February 12, 2014 at 05:04pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I think it would look like the Filmation Fright Zone, but covering the entire world.

So, basically Apokolips from DC Comics. Then again, it would be interesting if it was actually a "paradise" planet and the reason for all the factories, mining, etc on the other planets invaded by the Evil Horde is to obtain resources while keeping the Horde World pristine and perfect for Horde Prime to "enjoy" (as much as one enjoys such filthy things as forests and wildlife).

Anyone ever see the original 1984 Dune? Giedi Prime is generally what I think of. Wet machinery, gooey substances, pollution and design by H.R. Geiger on drugs.

Horde World doesn't exist In My Canon ™ so it looks like nothing.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post

http://a66c7b.medialib.glogster.com/...olcano-jpg.jpg

http://apocalypseknow.files.wordpres...ndane-life.jpg

http://photos-ak.sparkpeople.com/5/3/b539466547.jpg

Do they have a lot of orange soda and crappy looking hammer-head sharks?

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Much like the idea of the Fright Zone - nothing alive. You may have once been able to see ground, but now all you'd be walking on is pipes and whatever walkways they've built. There may not even be anything left of the planet beyond the core. On top of that, they've built outward. There's no telling how big the planet was, orginally. I believe that the thing could break it's orbit and become a ship, if need be. The image I've imagined the most is a textured sphere, but those big spindly spikes that prodrude into the horizon in the Fright Zone are instead bent down - five of them - into a claw-like hand that grasps the planet.

I haven't put a lot of thought into it, but I think the planet has been mined for magical energy. It would be more complicated than that, of course. But it's your basic nature VS science thing. Castle Grayskull is built upon a natural nexus of all dimensions, and radiates such power that Eternia and Etheria are some pretty magic-heavy lands. It's possible Horde World was something similar - if not a lesser version - and they've ripped out it's heart and powered thier war machines for centuries. When they take over other planets, they take it for all it's worth. Plundor takes what he needs for money...The Horde takes. All of it.

For my own story, I think the final stand for the Horde Empire will see Horde World breaking it's orbit and trying to assimilate whole other planets before the final battle between them, He-Man, She-Ra, and Skeletor brings it all to a close.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    I think it would look like the Filmation Fright Zone, but covering the entire world.

So, basically Apokolips from DC Comics. Then again, it would be interesting if it was actually a "paradise" planet and the reason for all the factories, mining, etc on the other planets invaded by the Evil Horde is to obtain resources while keeping the Horde World pristine and perfect for Horde Prime to "enjoy" (as much as one enjoys such filthy things as forests and wildlife).
    That's a really interesting take on it that I hadn't considered. I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Horde World doesn't exist In My Canon ™ so it looks like nothing.
    Thanks for contributing.

Thanks for contributing.

Well you asked.

Just for fun...

Have we ever seen any actual depictions of Horde World or its inhabitants? What do you suppose it/they look like? I know many people don't accept Horde Prime in their canon, so that's not the question here. Classics is heading to Horde World with She-Ra vs HP. What are your thoughts on what this will look like, and what of Horde Prime's henchmen? He hasn't been given any!

I imagine Horde World will resemble the Filmation Fright Zone, but with more integration of tech and organics. It is far older and had more resources than the Fright Zone. I'm picturing something between a Geiger drawing and ancient, stone monuments.

I'm also going by Filmation for the look of the inhabitants. I imagine they look like Prince Zed, but grow more and more like Hordak and HP as they age AND use dark magic. As far as his minions...what do you think?

I'm placing Mosquitor and Cy-Chop with HP, after the Second Ultimate Battleground. I plan on placing Shield Maiden and Ditz with him, as well (my Dawg will have grown a conscience and changed sides). I'm also creating a middle Kur brother based on the Kevin Kosse/Gbagok Horde Prime head.

In my imaginings, I also think Catra would have returned to Horde World and be represented in Horde World armor, based on one of her vintage variants. She brings with her The Snake Formerly Known as Mekaneck, who has survived and joined the Horde.

Jump on board my crazy babbling train and explain your visions about these mysterious details. No one's right or wrong here... I just wanted to start a lighthearted discussion.
    I agree. I see the entire world mechanical and drones everywhere almost like in terminator were machines rule the world and they all answer to Horde Prime.

Ha, I picked those exact two to stick with Horde Prime as well! In fact, I've got Cy-Chop as one of his Hands (personal warriors, I guess). Mosquitor just...works. I also planned on putting Shield Maiden with the Horde as well, but over in Etheria with Shadow Weaver's forces (after Hordak's death).
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I know that Classics has it's own canon, but several different stories in MOTU have Horde World as the burnt out husk of Infinita. I keep thinking of something out of a Riddick movie where the natural landscape is like nuclear wasteland dotted with patches of technological cities. Lotsa vicious electrical storms, super gusting winds, and troopers randomly patrolling in conditions that only mechanized beings could.....yeah...AWESOME
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by erisk View Post
    Anyone ever see the original 1984 Dune? Giedi Prime is generally what I think of. Wet machinery, gooey substances, pollution and design by H.R. Geiger on drugs.
    Giedi Prime! I was just thinking about that when I read the question. Baron Harkonnen a very cruel and ruthless villain. (The whole heart plug concept which was used in the film, but I don't recall in the book).

Very industrial, soulless, and devoid of any humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    I know that Classics has it's own canon, but several different stories in MOTU have Horde World as the burnt out husk of Infinita. I keep thinking of something out of a Riddick movie where the natural landscape is like nuclear wasteland dotted with patches of technological cities. Lotsa vicious electrical storms, super gusting winds, and troopers randomly patrolling in conditions that only mechanized beings could.....yeah...AWESOME
    Wow - I've never heard of this. Could raise some interesting questions!

Quote Originally Posted by JediChaplain View Post
    Giedi Prime! I was just thinking about that when I read the question. Baron Harkonnen a very cruel and ruthless villain. (The whole heart plug concept which was used in the film, but I don't recall in the book).

Very industrial, soulless, and devoid of any humanity.
    Geidi Prime and Coruscant both! I found this pic of Geidi Prime on the web. If it was just a tiny bit more organic, like the curved structure on the front right, it would be EXACTLY my vision of Horde World! dune171.jpg

Maybe giedi prime from Dune
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread