Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Mattycollector Q&A for Feb 13th- Pre-Toyfair Edition

  1. #1
    WNY Snake Hunter elkkthunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    1,156

    Mattycollector Q&A for Feb 13th- Pre-Toyfair Edition


  2. #2
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,649
    In April, it's on like Donkey Kong for Goat Man!

    I see that they are answering about turning off the cart trick...

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior karg182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Midlands, UK
    Posts
    583
    If they don't fix the Geoblocking thing when Goat Man goes up for sale, **** is gonna hit the fan on these boards!!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    981
    Hopefully they'll have him available near year's end as well. I'm hoping they didn't drop the production numbers based on Strobo's relatively slow performance at the end of the year.

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior Coptur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    625
    Oh man I really want goatman

  6. #6
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,593
    People just "donated" their hard to find figures to Mattel for a contest.... Am I reading that correct?
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Belo Horizonte - Brazil
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    People just "donated" their hard to find figures to Mattel for a contest.... Am I reading that correct?
    I don't buy that either.

  8. #8
    Stridor in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    5,587
    Awwww. Let us all donate our figures to Mattel.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

    MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    People just "donated" their hard to find figures to Mattel for a contest.... Am I reading that correct?
    Probably some people from Matty or they were found behind a customer service rack or something like that. But donating them sounds nicer
    I doubt a He-Fan out there in his right mind would give away Classics Fisto for free...

  10. #10
    Ravage ThunderCat blackiecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    6,005
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthKant View Post
    Probably some people from Matty or they were found behind a customer service rack or something like that. But donating them sounds nicer
    I doubt a He-Fan out there in his right mind would give away Classics Fisto for free...
    I believe they were donated by the FOUR Horseman (thus why the contest was for 4 figures) There is no real mystery here.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior Stygian360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,632
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
    I don't buy that either.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    People just "donated" their hard to find figures to Mattel for a contest.... Am I reading that correct?
    It will never be provable, but I smell ********. I have a feeling they found some leftover stock and are calling them "donated" figures so as to avoid the ********* that would inevitably result. If so, Scott is one naughty birdie for lying (again) to fans.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

  12. #12
    SoH Supporter He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,555
    They said they were donated by marketing. They probably have a bunch of samples lying around. Like the ines they send to reviewers. They probably stash a few extras for swag and corporate stuff. No conspiracy Im sure. As for Goatman..... I hope he lasts a little longer than Strobo did. I had one in cart right at the start and didn't get him. I still dont have him. Hopefully that don't happen again.

  13. #13
    Heroic Hero Grayskull's Heir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Castle Grayskull
    Posts
    2,639
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I believe they were donated by the FOUR Horseman (thus why the contest was for 4 figures) There is no real mystery here.
    Yeah but there's only three Horsemen left. Plus the Fighting Foe Men... so it either should have been three or six Fistos if your speculation was true.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it was some employees or maybe some guys from the 4H studios or who knows maybe even from Digital River. I just don't think it was necessarily the original four Horsemen.
    Awesome sticker included!

  14. #14
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,593
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    They said they were donated by marketing. They probably have a bunch of samples lying around. Like the ines they send to reviewers. They probably stash a few extras for swag and corporate stuff. No conspiracy Im sure. As for Goatman..... I hope he lasts a little longer than Strobo did. I had one in cart right at the start and didn't get him. I still dont have him. Hopefully that don't happen again.
    That's not how it was worded in the reply.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  15. #15
    Stridor in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    5,587
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    That's not how it was worded in the reply.
    C'mon. You know Mattel is innocent. They have our best interests at heart.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

    MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

  16. #16
    SoH Supporter He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,555
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    C'mon. You know Mattel is innocent. They have our best interests at heart.
    Lol...im not saying that either. I'm saying that is what it said on the contest page. People asking questions about things Mattel already answered again. I sometimes wonder if people read things fully before jumping to the worst conclusion when it comes to these Q and A's.

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,957
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    People just "donated" their hard to find figures to Mattel for a contest.... Am I reading that correct?
    Four Mattel Employees donated their Fistos for the contest.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

  18. #18
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,593
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I sometimes wonder if people read things fully before jumping to the worst conclusion when it comes to these Q and A's.


    Reading every piece of MOTUC stuff on the net surrounding Matty and contests is nothing I wish to do....maybe word it in your answer correctly, an answer mind you that more people will read than contest rules and descriptions, or just grab the snippet from the contest page for a quote....then nuff said, instead of a vague answer like....

    There were no Fistos left at Mattel. The ones for the contest were donated from people's personal collection.
    How exactly was that not read fully? Not to mention the first time I've ever personally seen it answered.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; February 13, 2014 at 10:57pm.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  19. #19
    SoH Supporter He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,555
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post


    Reading every piece of MOTUC stuff on the net surrounding Matty and contests is nothing I wish to do....maybe word it in your answer correctly, an answer mind you that more people will read than contest rules and descriptions, or just grab the snippet from the contest page for a quote....then nuff said, instead of a vague answer like....



    How exactly was that not read fully? Not to mention the first time I've ever personally seen it answered.
    Here ya go...from the original announcement which is on Marty and the org in a thread and in an email sent to Marty subscribers
    This highly popular figure sold out faster than you can say “five fierce fingers” when it was released in February 2012 and has not been available since. But, we convinced our marketing and design departments to part with four figures from their own personal collections, and we’ll award them to the most deserving fans based on the entries we receive. These figures are new, still in the box, and signed by our own Toy Guru Scott Neitlich and the figure’s designer Terence Higuchi.
    So I still don't see why people are asking where they came from or spouting conspiracy theories. They said from the start where they got them. It just seems like a wasted question to me. That's all.

  20. #20
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,593
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Here ya go...from the original announcement which is on Marty and the org in a thread and in an email sent to Marty subscribers So I still don't see why people are asking where they came from or spouting conspiracy theories. They said from the start where they got them. It just seems like a wasted question to me. That's all.
    I never read the E-mail. Anyway, I wasn't conspiracying anything, I was being sarcastic based on them not having any more Fistos left for anyone and ending up with 4 for this contest. But apparently I wasn't the only one who didn't bother to read the contest stuff anyway, so....

    I wouldn't part with a figure unless I didn't love it....I'd tell Scott to get off of his first.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  21. #21
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA NOLA
    Posts
    969
    Gonna need to get me a goat man, hmmmm maybe I could swop my UNO for one

  22. #22
    SoH Supporter He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,555
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I never read the E-mail. Anyway, I wasn't conspiracying anything, I was being sarcastic based on them not having any more Fistos left for anyone and ending up with 4 for this contest. But apparently I wasn't the only one who didn't bother to read the contest stuff anyway, so....

    I wouldn't part with a figure unless I didn't love it....I'd tell Scott to get off of his first.
    Lol...he probably has 4 to spare as well!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    Gonna need to get me a goat man, hmmmm maybe I could swop my UNO for one
    Lol...is that a fair trade.....hehe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •