Thread: Mattycollector Q&A for Feb 13th- Pre-Toyfair Edition

Mattycollector Q&A for Feb 13th- Pre-Toyfair Edition

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    In April, it's on like Donkey Kong for Goat Man!

I see that they are answering about turning off the cart trick...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

If they don't fix the Geoblocking thing when Goat Man goes up for sale, **** is gonna hit the fan on these boards!!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    Hopefully they'll have him available near year's end as well. I'm hoping they didn't drop the production numbers based on Strobo's relatively slow performance at the end of the year.

Oh man I really want goatman

People just "donated" their hard to find figures to Mattel for a contest.... Am I reading that correct?
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    People just "donated" their hard to find figures to Mattel for a contest.... Am I reading that correct?
    I don't buy that either.

Awwww. Let us all donate our figures to Mattel.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    Probably some people from Matty or they were found behind a customer service rack or something like that. But donating them sounds nicer
    I doubt a He-Fan out there in his right mind would give away Classics Fisto for free...

Quote Originally Posted by DarthKant View Post
    Probably some people from Matty or they were found behind a customer service rack or something like that. But donating them sounds nicer
    I doubt a He-Fan out there in his right mind would give away Classics Fisto for free...
    I believe they were donated by the FOUR Horseman (thus why the contest was for 4 figures) There is no real mystery here.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
    I don't buy that either.
    It will never be provable, but I smell ********. I have a feeling they found some leftover stock and are calling them "donated" figures so as to avoid the ********* that would inevitably result. If so, Scott is one naughty birdie for lying (again) to fans.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

They said they were donated by marketing. They probably have a bunch of samples lying around. Like the ines they send to reviewers. They probably stash a few extras for swag and corporate stuff. No conspiracy Im sure. As for Goatman..... I hope he lasts a little longer than Strobo did. I had one in cart right at the start and didn't get him. I still dont have him. Hopefully that don't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I believe they were donated by the FOUR Horseman (thus why the contest was for 4 figures) There is no real mystery here.
    Yeah but there's only three Horsemen left. Plus the Fighting Foe Men... so it either should have been three or six Fistos if your speculation was true.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it was some employees or maybe some guys from the 4H studios or who knows maybe even from Digital River. I just don't think it was necessarily the original four Horsemen.
    Awesome sticker included!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    They said they were donated by marketing. They probably have a bunch of samples lying around. Like the ines they send to reviewers. They probably stash a few extras for swag and corporate stuff. No conspiracy Im sure. As for Goatman..... I hope he lasts a little longer than Strobo did. I had one in cart right at the start and didn't get him. I still dont have him. Hopefully that don't happen again.
    That's not how it was worded in the reply.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

That's not how it was worded in the reply.
    C'mon. You know Mattel is innocent. They have our best interests at heart.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    C'mon. You know Mattel is innocent. They have our best interests at heart.
    Lol...im not saying that either. I'm saying that is what it said on the contest page. People asking questions about things Mattel already answered again. I sometimes wonder if people read things fully before jumping to the worst conclusion when it comes to these Q and A's.

Four Mattel Employees donated their Fistos for the contest.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

I sometimes wonder if people read things fully before jumping to the worst conclusion when it comes to these Q and A's.

Reading every piece of MOTUC stuff on the net surrounding Matty and contests is nothing I wish to do....maybe word it in your answer correctly, an answer mind you that more people will read than contest rules and descriptions, or just grab the snippet from the contest page for a quote....then nuff said, instead of a vague answer like....

There were no Fistos left at Mattel. The ones for the contest were donated from people's personal collection.
    How exactly was that not read fully? Not to mention the first time I've ever personally seen it answered.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; February 13, 2014 at 10:57pm.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Reading every piece of MOTUC stuff on the net surrounding Matty and contests is nothing I wish to do....maybe word it in your answer correctly, an answer mind you that more people will read than contest rules and descriptions, or just grab the snippet from the contest page for a quote....then nuff said, instead of a vague answer like....

How exactly was that not read fully? Not to mention the first time I've ever personally seen it answered.
    Here ya go...from the original announcement which is on Marty and the org in a thread and in an email sent to Marty subscribers
    This highly popular figure sold out faster than you can say “five fierce fingers” when it was released in February 2012 and has not been available since. But, we convinced our marketing and design departments to part with four figures from their own personal collections, and we’ll award them to the most deserving fans based on the entries we receive. These figures are new, still in the box, and signed by our own Toy Guru Scott Neitlich and the figure’s designer Terence Higuchi.
    So I still don't see why people are asking where they came from or spouting conspiracy theories. They said from the start where they got them. It just seems like a wasted question to me. That's all.

Here ya go...from the original announcement which is on Marty and the org in a thread and in an email sent to Marty subscribers So I still don't see why people are asking where they came from or spouting conspiracy theories. They said from the start where they got them. It just seems like a wasted question to me. That's all.
    I never read the E-mail. Anyway, I wasn't conspiracying anything, I was being sarcastic based on them not having any more Fistos left for anyone and ending up with 4 for this contest. But apparently I wasn't the only one who didn't bother to read the contest stuff anyway, so....

I wouldn't part with a figure unless I didn't love it....I'd tell Scott to get off of his first.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Warrior
    Gonna need to get me a goat man, hmmmm maybe I could swop my UNO for one

I never read the E-mail. Anyway, I wasn't conspiracying anything, I was being sarcastic based on them not having any more Fistos left for anyone and ending up with 4 for this contest. But apparently I wasn't the only one who didn't bother to read the contest stuff anyway, so....

I wouldn't part with a figure unless I didn't love it....I'd tell Scott to get off of his first.
    Lol...he probably has 4 to spare as well!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    Gonna need to get me a goat man, hmmmm maybe I could swop my UNO for one
    Lol...is that a fair trade.....hehe.