Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom MOTUC: FILMATION TEELA

I am completely blown away by how many ppl have PM'd me asking questions about this figure, or liked it on facebook, or commented here on this build.... especially with it being my first time making a custom head like this.

I am really, REALLY happy that everyone has enjoyed how that this figure turned out.

Thanks gang.

this has me seriously reconsidering thinking Filmation Teela is unnecessary variant.

This is verily beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    this has me seriously reconsidering thinking Filmation Teela is unnecessary variant.

This is verily beautiful.
    I would love to have an official Filmation Teela... but I see her odds being VERY slim to none at this point in the line. [MAYBE], she could happen if we got a second or third year run of the filmation addon sub. But thats the only way I see us getting her sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    Well I want to, but I still have to do more research of the types of casting methods, needed for best possible casting, finding the best casted item materials, an the best casting mold materials before I can get into this heavy and try to cast an sell it. I don't wanna just jump into it, an put out something rough, I wanna make sure ppl wanting one of hte heads can get somethin worth having.

But, don't worry bud, I plan to make an entire new thread on the forums here and a post on my customs facebook page when I am ready to selling a few castings.

The head is AMAZING. Perfect. Considering what you had to work with, the body is great as well. Since the paint job is so good, hopefully casting it wont hurt it. Maybe it could be 3-d scanned and reproduced that way?

WOW, some great work. I salute you.
    HAVES: MOSS MAN, ADORA, Mantenna, King Randor
    WANTS: Webstor
    Toyguru Collector Supreme posted December 12, 2013 "Can't understand what you are asking. Sorry."
    Toyguru Marketing Manager Mattel posted March 16, 2014 "Every great project from toys to movie and a TV usually need a fan base to support it and an "internal champion" that keeps it going through the system."

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    The head is AMAZING. Perfect. Considering what you had to work with, the body is great as well. Since the paint job is so good, hopefully casting it wont hurt it. Maybe it could be 3-d scanned and reproduced that way?
    Could you give some more info on the 3D scanning thing? I am terrified to put this head into a mold, and if I could scan it somehow, PLEASE let me know how that works.