Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally got my FF He-Man/TC Skeletor Giftset!

Finally got my FF He-Man/TC Skeletor Giftset!

As many of you know I have been searching for a Flying Fists He-Man/Terror Claws Skeletor giftset for more than four years.

I'm happy to share that I finally found one sample thanks to a good friend of mine.

Here it is, AFA graded 70:

Last edited by Asher99; February 14, 2014 at 06:49pm.
    Offering $2,500 for MOC or AFA graded Teela, Zodac and Stratos 8 backs with "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini comic

Congrats!!! Looks Awesome!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Congratz buddy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> CA Heroic warriors He-man/Teela/Ramman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> CA Evil Warriors Skeletor/Faker/Beastman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> US Evil horde Hordak/Leech/Mantenna 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Nice. It looks great. Do you have any more pics?

Heroic Warrior Scotty TuffGuy1979's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    As many of you know I have been searching for a Flying Fists He-Man/Terror Claws Skeletor giftset for more than four years.

I'm happy to share that I finally found one sample thanks to a good friend of mine.

Here it is, AFA graded 70:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...4&d=1392417523
    Must have been a good friend to give up such a gem!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Congrats!!! Looks Awesome!
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    Congratz buddy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks He-Dad, Boba and Man-E-Toys!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty TuffGuy1979 View Post
    Must have been a good friend to give up such a gem!!!!
    Well, he definitely is!
    Offering $2,500 for MOC or AFA graded Teela, Zodac and Stratos 8 backs with "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini comic

WOW congratulations!!!!

Thank you so much for uploading high res photo so we can enjoy in the box art! Is the artist signature visible somewhere???

Quote Originally Posted by Mantisaur82 View Post
    WOW congratulations!!!!

Thank you so much for uploading high res photo so we can enjoy in the box art! Is the artist signature visible somewhere???
    Thank you Mantisaur82!

No, unfortunately the artist signature is not noticeable to me in any part of the box art...

That's awesome!! You finally get it Eduardo, congrats!!

now that's something! Can't get enough of these vintage oddities , congratz

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    now that's something! Can't get enough of these vintage oddities , congratz
    Many thanks Arkangel!

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Glad you found it! Skeletor looks to be evolving towards his NA look, at least in the face.

What's the back of the box look like? Anything cool, or just the typical cross-sells on white?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    Glad you found it! Skeletor looks to be evolving towards his NA look, at least in the face.

What's the back of the box look like? Anything cool, or just the typical cross-sells on white?
    Thanks. As for the back of the box, it has the typical cross-sells in white as you can see in this picture:

Last edited by Asher99; February 15, 2014 at 02:26pm.

Cool pictures!

Why are these kind of gifsets so rare Maybe because they appeared at the end of the line??? The year printed in the back of the box is 1986...
    Last edited by Telchar; February 15, 2014 at 04:10pm.

They're rare for a couple of reasons. In this case, these figures had been out for about a year already, so most kids probably already had them. Second, it came out towards the end of the line. Third, giftsets are by nature more scarce simply because they were more expensive than a single figure.

Congrats Asher! I know how great it feels when you finally fill that last hole in your collection!
    1 of 200 active He-Man.org members.

This one and the one with the Sled are two that most people never knew existed, that is how rare they are.

Congratulations on getting one of the true grails of vintage collecting!

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Torak View Post
    This one and the one with the Sled are two that most people never knew existed, that is how rare they are.

Distribution of the 1986 and 1987 stuff could get spotty--my parents had to search across all three major metropolitan areas in Minnesota to find an Eternia, as I understand it, and as far as we knew at the time, the Power Gear sets and the entire 1987 She-Ra line were never released. We came across a Silver Storm on clearance a year or two later, but I never got confirmation that the Cliff Climber, Tower Tools and Scubattack had actually been released until 1997.

Quote Originally Posted by Torak View Post

Many thanks Torak!

And you are right, this gifset together with the He-Man/Jet Sled giftset are the favorites in my collection:

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Actually that's quite normal you get this set. You already have all the holy grails coming from the collection who belonged to Jean Valente which adds more value at the collection imo, since Jean was the very first MOTU hardcore collector and the most well known, early in 2000
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> CA Heroic warriors He-man/Teela/Ramman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> CA Evil Warriors Skeletor/Faker/Beastman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> US Evil horde Hordak/Leech/Mantenna 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    Actually that's quite normal you get this set. You already have all the holy grails coming from the collection who belonged to Jean Valente which adds more value at the collection imo, since Jean was the very first MOTU hardcore collector and the most well known, early in 2000
    Many thanks Yan! Yes, you are right, all my major pieces of my gifset collection came from Jean's collection.
    Last edited by Asher99; February 22, 2014 at 04:13pm.

WOOOW
    Can you please upload better photo (this one is a bit blurry) and from the back also, as you did with FF He-Man & TC Skeletor giftset.
    I am especially interested in the box art. Is there an artist signature on this one?

Thanks for sharing! For most of us, this is the closest we can get to see these giftsets!

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    No Toy looks better MOC then a MOTU toy MOC! (Super Powers ad Star Wars come close)

If you are taking photo requests, I'd love to see them side by side and along with the Hordak/Grizzlor and the Battle for Eternia sets if you have them. That would be all the super mega ultra rare gift sets with unique art right?

- - - Updated - - -

WOOOW

Thanks for sharing! For most of us, this is the closest we can get to see these giftsets!
    Ditto...I'd pay money just to see a whole collection on display at a museum or a convention.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

WOOOW
    Can you please upload better photo (this one is a bit blurry) and from the back also, as you did with FF He-Man & TC Skeletor giftset.
    I am especially interested in the box art. Is there an artist signature on this one?

Thanks for your comment Mantisaur82. Unfortunately, I don't have the He-Man/Jet Sled 2 pack at home but stored in other place together with other gifsets so it will take some time to answer your question or post more pictures, sorry...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    No Toy looks better MOC then a MOTU toy MOC! (Super Powers ad Star Wars come close)

If you are taking photo requests, I'd love to see them side by side and along with the Hordak/Grizzlor and the Battle for Eternia sets if you have them. That would be all the super mega ultra rare gift sets with unique art right?

- - - Updated - - -

Ditto...I'd pay money just to see a whole collection on display at a museum or a convention.
    Thanks for your comments. I don't have all my gifsets at home but here are a couple of additional pictures (you can see more in the albums in my profile):

Last edited by Asher99; February 17, 2014 at 07:22pm.

Court Magician Grayskull Master's Avatar
    Congrats on the new gifset Asher! Amazing collection you have there.

Congratulations on this very nice catch!!! You have a very impressive collection
    FIGURE twists for a power punch!

Perfect Deals: FTL@neo-geo.com, Sathomaso, Sl@yer, French Kiki, King Ironic, SimonF, TIRPITZ, Ess7477,