Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Horsemen's Mythic Legions

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar

Four Horsemen's Mythic Legions

THis looks really promising: http://www.figures.com/gallery/showg....php?cat=13051

I like knights and such, but I'm not exactly a megafan. Nevertheless, I find these really appealing, especially the skeleton warriors. If these come out at the rumored 4" scale and glyos built (making them interchangeable with the Power Lords and Outer Space Men), I'm going to have a hard time passing on them, especially if they are of the same quality we've seen in the Power Lords thus far.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Over at the Fwoosh forums, VeeBee has gotten word from Cornboy that when the 4H launch the Mythic Legions kickstarter, there WILL BE a stretch goal to make these figures in 1:12/ 6" scale. So people who were 'meh' about these because of the 4" size may be in trouble.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    Over at the Fwoosh forums, VeeBee has gotten word from Cornboy that when the 4H launch the Mythic Legions kickstarter, there WILL BE a stretch goal to make these figures in 1:12/ 6" scale. So people who were 'meh' about these because of the 4" size may be in trouble.
    That's great but I refuse to buy 4" figures just to get them in 6".

I'd love to army build the Skeletons and Orcs.

Hmm...I dunno what to say there, 'cause I DO want them in 4 inch size. Especially with Boss Fight's HACKS coming in the same size. These would have worked well! I guess we'll see where this goes. If they end up bigger, I may not get as many. Given the detail, they'd have to be friggin' expensive at that size.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I'll need to see how the different sizes look next to one another before deciding whether to get figures from one size or both.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

So basically if they get to a certain point they will instead make them six inches? I would prefer them in that size but I could see this being a problem for people buying into it wanting to get them in 4 inch.

Of course price etc would be an issue, I did pass on the set of figures they did last year even though there was one I liked I couldn't budget it in at that time.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    So basically if they get to a certain point they will instead make them six inches? I would prefer them in that size but I could see this being a problem for people buying into it wanting to get them in 4 inch.

Of course price etc would be an issue, I did pass on the set of figures they did last year even though there was one I liked I couldn't budget it in at that time.
    My understanding (though they obviously don't have the details worked out yet) is that the Kickstarter would be to produce the 4" line, but if they reached a specific stretch goal, they would produce additional figures in 6". So it wouldn't be either/or, but both scales since the support is hypothetically there for both.

Lucky for me, my preferred scale is the 3.75-4". As Alexx mentioned, Boss Fight's HACKS set the bar pretty high for what can be done in that scale. Just ask my bank account. I have just never had a love for the 6" scale or larger.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I really think the 4" scale suits these better; 6" limits what can go with them. They've spoken of things like dragons, which is going to be a lot more difficult to do at a larger scale. I feel we can get a lot more stuff, and especially a lot more VARIED stuff, at the smaller scale. Horses, chariots, weapons like catapults, all that would have a much better chance of happening at 4", and that's where I would definitely want to see things head with this line.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

The official word is these are now going to be released at the 6" scale. Which makes me very happy, but my wallet very sad.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    The official word is these are now going to be released at the 6" scale. Which makes me very happy, but my wallet very sad.

I am going to so army build with these.

Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    Yeeesh....yeah, sad wallets abound, because I very much AM going to fund these, when the kickstarter begins. I just...don't know if I can go whole-hog, like I did with HACKS. Which kinda sucks, 'cause I LOVE the designs and the promise of modular limbs! Oh how I love modularity...seriously. But a 6 inch toyline nowadays is friggin' expensive, and an indie 6 inch toyline will be even more. I guess we'll see how it goes.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Some interesting stuff.....

From the 4H Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/FourHorseme...13392102114983

MYTHIC LEGIONS SCALE ANNOUNCEMENT!

It’s been almost a year to the date since we first debuted our Mythic Legions line at our 2014 Toypocalypse show, and a lot has changed in that year. The characters have changed, the number of characters sculpted has almost doubled, and after a year of debate amongst fans (and amongst us here at the studio too!) so has the line’s scale. After a lot of thought, analysis, and consideration we are proud to officially announce that Mythic Legions is officially a 6” scaled line!

We know that there are going to be a lot of questions about the decision, so we wanted to touch on some of the reasons that we ultimately went in this direction:

The success of our Raven figures. The overwhelming response to the Raven pre-order this year only confirmed further the appetite for highly detailed 6” figures that our fanbase has. The Raven figures are far and above our highest selling figures to date, and that is a statistic that we simply could not ignore.

-Our past releases: Over the years all of our fantasy themed figures have been done in a 6” scale. We’ve invested so much time, energy, and money creating a solid collection of figures at that scale, that it would be tough to lose compatibility and access to those resources. This really became apparent to us when we first received our 6” scaled display bases from the factory. We’ve talked about doing a high quality display base for years, and now we will have one ready to go for Mythic Legions!

-Price/Value: This is absolute biggest part of the equation. When we got into pricing these figures out the numbers were not working out when it came to doing these at 4”. These are complex figures with a lot of parts and accessories, and the paint is very elaborate. With all of that factored in, the prices for 6” figures and the prices for 4” figures were very similar. What that means for customers is that you’d be paying basically the same price (give or take a dollar or two) for either scale. In the end we just didn’t feel like it was the right thing to do to overcharge for a 4” figure when we could give a fair price for a 6” figure.

So there you have it! We’ve been working on this line for almost two years now, and it’s transformed and grown almost the entire time. This decision wasn’t an easy one, and it was certainly not made without careful consideration. One of the primary reasons that we were excited about 4” was that we wanted to do large scale figures and mounts, and just because the line is moving to 6” that is not going to change. It will be more of a challenge, but we are more committed than ever to building an entire world with Mythic Legions full of figures and beasts with wide-ranging sizes and shapes. We already have some BIG things in the works!

The Mythic Legions Kickstarter is still on track for the second week of February, so please keep your eyes peeled for more exciting announcements, and remember to check us out at http://www.SourceHorsemen.com, on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/FourHorsemenToyDesign, and on Instagram - @Four_Horsmen_Studios

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    -Price/Value: This is absolute biggest part of the equation. When we got into pricing these figures out the numbers were not working out when it came to doing these at 4”. These are complex figures with a lot of parts and accessories, and the paint is very elaborate. With all of that factored in, the prices for 6” figures and the prices for 4” figures were very similar. What that means for customers is that you’d be paying basically the same price (give or take a dollar or two) for either scale. In the end we just didn’t feel like it was the right thing to do to overcharge for a 4” figure when we could give a fair price for a 6” figure.
    Ah, thanks for posting that! I see where they're coming from, now. That makes me feel better.

Heroic Warrior
    Very awesome news now that motuc is easing down this seems like a great line for me to get , very cool stuff, I was thinking I would get one or two at the smaller scale ...but at six inch I may be in for them all ( six inch scale dwarfs)

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    Very awesome news now that motuc is easing down this seems like a great line for me to get , very cool stuff, I was thinking I would get one or two at the smaller scale ...but at six inch I may be in for them all ( six inch scale dwarfs)
    ...so you want bigger dwarfs? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Only be able to pledge for a couple of these ....stupid truck repairs.... so hopefully I can add-on in Backerkit like the Ravens.

I don't think the dwarfs will be 6-inches, just they will be compatible with that scale just as Tyrion isn't 6 inches in Funko's 6-inch Game of Thrones line and Gwildor isn't 6-inches in MOTUC.

This is definitely a line I want! I count about 13 different figures right now, which if they're $30 works out to almost $400. I'll be honest, if this was anything but the Horsemen then I'd have second thoughts. But I missed out on the minotaurs and have never not regretted it so I'm for this. Exactly the genre I want and in the right scale, I'm sold!

Very happy these will be compatible with past lines like the Ravens and Queen Aluxandra, but I'm sorry the vampire queen hasn't had a chance (though I didn't like all her variants while I love all of the Mythic Legends guys).
    Last edited by gbagok; February 5, 2015 at 08:09pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Just found out about this line today. Carpathias and the Standard Skeleton look boss.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

I will probably pick up Carpathias and Jorund Runeshaper, and hope we open up Atticus the Conqueror. But I won't be picking them up until after Snake He-man and Hiss this coming week.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

So if I am reading this correct...
    The kickstand allows you to pledge for certain figures??
    It's almost like a pre-order?
    If the goals are met then you can pledge on for the stretch - goal figures?
    I like most...but not all the figures. If I am understanding this right then I am VERY much on board!

Like the Ravens, I wish I could afford them all, but I will probably just get a Standard Skeleton & the book. At least then I can look at what I couldn't afford....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack

*hikes up pants* Alllright, here we go. I don't think I can afford to throw money at this like I did with HACKS, so I'll have to pick my poison. I NEED skeletons. To live. So they'll have to be a part of this, somehow. I might even limit myself on everything else and - for the first time ever - go for the 6 skeleton pack! I've never army built at this scale, but, no one has ever offered a skeleton like this at this scale! So I think it's fair.

I want it all, of course....but perhaps I'll just have to see what else I can pick up when they are released regularly. *SIGH* Now comes the part where I figure out what to get from the kickstarter...

Really too bad they are not in the 4" scale, I personally would have preferred that much more. They would have meshed very nice with the Boss Fight Studios Greek figures. I might still bite on the complete set but not likely. Any word on if they will add a level that includes the 16 basic figures plus the 6 army builders?

I guess this is why Power Lords gets relegated to an "also ran" type of property?

I am definitely going to get Carpathias!! A bat creature with a purple and black color scheme has my name written all over it!!

I may also pick up some of the skeletons.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I pledged for five figures, I think.