Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Four Horsemen's Mythic Legions

Heroic Warrior
    There was an update a week ago on the 4H's boards - http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/forum/...hp?f=29&t=1205

Hey Everybody,

I just wanted to stop by and give an informal Mythic Legions update. Things have been busy here, and we have been firing on all cylinders trying to keep everything covered. There are a lot of cool ML projects in the pipeline, and here is where we are at:

Kickstarter/Series 1: Production has been running smoothly, and things are still looking good for delivering on time. As witnessed at San Diego Comic Con the test shots look amazing. We've been playing with them here at the studio, and they are such fun toys to handle and play with. We are hoping to see hand painted samples for approval soon, and we hope to have some photo updates in the near future.

Troll: This massive monster is still in the works with variant heads being started, and the fine detailing being added to the sculpture. He's coming along a little slower than we'd hoped, but he's looking great. We can't wait to get him wrapped up and painted so we can share final images with you.

Female Characters/Series 2: Sculpting is moving along on these figures, and we are very happy with the way things are turning out. We still aren't sure when we will have something ready for photos, but we will post them as soon as we have the first figure ready!

Birds series 2: We are hoping to get these priced out in China within the next couple of weeks. As soon as we get some solid numbers back from the factory, we will be able to analyze them and get to a pre-order as soon as possible.

That's about it for now, but we hope to have some more detailed updates in the very near future!

Four Horsemen

Do you guys has pictures of this with motuc figures? I just find out about this Mythic Legions by the horsemen and Im really impressed. I definitely need a couple of this to go with my motuc collection.
    guspena.com

There is a post on the second page with a picture from the Fourhorsemen's forums with He-man, Luke Skywalker and some of the other lines they have under their banner.

From the looks of it they are of a slighter build which doesn't totally look out of place for some characters.

Quote Originally Posted by notaniceboy View Post
    Do you guys has pictures of this with motuc figures? I just find out about this Mythic Legions by the horsemen and Im really impressed. I definitely need a couple of this to go with my motuc collection.
    This is the only picture I've seen so far.

Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Warrior
    Let me say this: the Mythic Legions Line is what made me buy several MOTUC figures that I would have passed on. Dactys, Eldor, Choobla, Goatman would all look good next to these creations as demons or monsters. I am really thinking of an Elder Scrolls IV plot line with these figures: evil forces seek to tear down the barrier between this realm and the demonic realm and succeeding with demon-like creatures terrorizing the world.

4H sold some prototypes of their figures! I bought one of 'em: The Minotaur, 'cause I always loved the idea of a living-statue type minotaur. Works out REALLY well, 'cause this is pretty much a finished figure, save for some looseness in one of the hips that'll probably be fixed (since this IS a test proto for the articulation).

MAN this guy is awesome! I can't wait for the finished product!

Pics were quickly snapped with my phone, but I might put up something better later.
    Last edited by Alexx; December 7, 2015 at 10:31pm.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../mino%2001.png

4H sold some prototypes of their figures! I bought one of 'em: The Minotaur, 'cause I always loved the idea of a living-statue type minotaur. Works out REALLY well, 'cause this is pretty much a finished figure, save for some looseness in one of the hips that'll probably be fixed (since this IS a test proto for the articulation).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../mino%2002.png

Pics were quickly snapped with my phone, but I might put up something better later.
    That Asterionn looks so cool! The 4H have really impressed with these test shots, and they're unpainted!, I can imagine how amazing the final ones will be!!

I went in on one test shot as well, buying a Carpathias vampire. If they're still available by the weekend, I'd like to get a couple of that Vitus warrior to have stone Spartans.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!! Vote in this HatMOTU poll for Filmation characters not found in the "official" fan poll: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...20#post3607720

Loved the proto so much that I went and bought another out of what was left! MAN I am looking forward to these!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Thanks for the photos.

I personally don't understand the appeal of these prototype figures but I can't wait to get my KS figures!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Thanks for the photos.

I personally don't understand the appeal of these prototype figures but I can't wait to get my KS figures!
    I'm not normally one for prototypes, but they were reasonably priced (for protos) and play just as well as regular figures! The Minotaur is just 'cause I love the idea of a living minotaur statue, and the skeleton is because I love skeletons and the slate gray just looks AWESOME on him. I want to use him as a fossilized skeleton, perhaps.

2015-12-14 19.20.19.jpg

Got Skapular in today. It's a testament to the Horsemen's skills that these figures look great without a drop of paint on them.

Can't believe it will only be a few more months before the finished figures will be shipping to us (knock on wood).

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../mino%2001.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../mino%2002.png

I'm so glad I went all in for these. I would have loved to have been able to troop build the orcs, goblins, and the lesser skeltons but I really can't afford to troop build at the scale.

With the way the minotaur's head sculpt it I would have thought that he would have been a touch taller, but it's still a lovely figure. I've been dying for an articulated Minotaur since my hard rubber LJN D&D minotaur 30+ years ago.

Heroic Warrior
    I love the look of the prototypes and wish that I could have gotten one or more, but it wasn't meant to be. Missing those allowed me to pick up nearly all of the recently released birds though, so that was good.

And for the regular ML I was able to go all-in, plus an extra Gold Knight, 3 extra Silver's, 1 more Bog Goblin, Orc, Heroic and Evil weapons pack, and 2 more Skeleton Builders. I still hope to pick up another couple army builders, but for the most part I feel pretty good about what's coming.

Has there been any news that Series 2 will be shown at NYTF next month?---Would think so since it's almost been a year since wave 1 went live

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Has there been any news that Series 2 will be shown at NYTF next month?---Would think so since it's almost been a year since wave 1 went live
    I don't think so.

I think they're still trying to get Wave 1 all settled and finished, along with the ML Raven variants they just had up for pre-order a few months ago. If I remember correctly, Eric said something during SDCC that some stuff was done for wave 2 but more than likely we wouldn't see anything until SDCC 2016. We'll probably see stuff like the upcoming Troll and it's variants but I doubt any concrete wave 2 stuff except a sneak peek.

I hope though I'm wrong.

I would much rather they take some time and finish their Power Lords line. They have really screwed the pooch where this is concerned.

It may have been almost a year since it went live, but we don't have the products yet. They're not going to ship until March last I saw. Personally I am not in a rush to drop more money for a wave 2 now before I have wave 1 in hand.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    It may have been almost a year since it went live, but we don't have the products yet. They're not going to ship until March last I saw. Personally I am not in a rush to drop more money for a wave 2 now before I have wave 1 in hand.
    Yeah--it's kindof a relief in a way that the wave 2 isn't up for preorder yet since I did want to try to add a few things when the preorder for series 1 goes up (I couldn't afford to go all in and got like 10 figures initially but want to add some more). I just hope we see a preview or something of wave 2 in the not so distant future

So, has anyone seen the previews for wave 2 figures (well, some of them anyways)? The trolls looks great and the St.George Knight. But, apparently these are going to be put up on Kickstarter again?Isn't that kinda odd? I mean, the first series blew the goals out of the water, so I would think there would be enough confidence in the line at this point to do a straight pre-order? Either way, I'll be supporting the line for sure, but was just surprised by that note.
    Last edited by He-Kal; February 15, 2016 at 12:31pm.

The Troll, and it's various variants, is supposed to be sold on their website. I still haven't heard anything this weekend that has changed that.

Wave 2 supposedly has a lot of new tooling including female characters and elfs if you believe the rumors. Doing it via Kickstarter is just a safe decision.

I love the Power-Con Exclusive Man-At-Arms inspired Orc Weapons master. It's brilliant. I now wish even more I could go.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    These look amazing, cannot wait to get mine.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

I wonder if Pixel Dan did a walkthrough with the 4hm again for Mythic Legions (would be surprised if he didn't) and we will see that posted soon?

I wonder if Pixel Dan did a walkthrough with the 4hm again for Mythic Legions (would be surprised if he didn't) and we will see that posted soon?
    He posted the video last night, some great info on when the new figures are coming.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

The figures look outstanding. I have tons of these coming and have zero room for them.

Army building those trolls is going to be expensive but so cool.