Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Four Horsemen's Mythic Legions

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...psjewj779v.jpg

CB posted on his FB page....For those of you who have been asking, yes her face mask does swivel down to cover her face.
    Awesome. I figured s much but why would anyone want to cover up that face? Lol

Awesome figures, just find out and I think I will ordr some

Great looking figures, I want some but my wallet does not.
    You? You can't even handle that musclebound female, She-Ra.
    My Top Wants: Filmation He-Man, Filmation Beastman, Filmation Evil Seed, Point Dread Teela, Shadow Weaver, Tri-Klops, Ram Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Lando452 View Post
    Great looking figures, I want some but my wallet does not.
    Do it now man. There are pre-orders NOW : http://www.shopfourhorsemen.com/ It will last one more week maximum.

On Ebay, the prices are triple !!

ok well... Barbarian ordered

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    CB posted on his FB page....For those of you who have been asking, yes her face mask does swivel down to cover her face.
    A nice feature, but I echo the sentiments of others here: I wouldn't want to cover that beautiful face.

And seriously, the face sculpts are incredible here. The queen's face isn't just gorgeous, it has a personality to it, with a look of concern, like a monarch with lot on her mind. The elf's face seem s to tell some about him, as well, with the mild disapproving frown. The Fab Four do this sort of thing better than anyone I know, going back to MOTU 200X, where just a few sculpted lines gave the Ram Man figure such a distinct character (same with Whiplash). Makes them feel like actual characters even without a bio or background stated; the sculpt tells you all you need to know.

I will be a bit glad if the next KS wave is a little lighter, much as want more of these figures. I just got the third box from the Horsemen (first was the KS, second was the original pre-order right after the KS, and the one last night was the most recent order of everything I missed from the first two). I spent pretty much the whole night opening them, posing them and deciding what weapons to give each. Just the opening was a major undertaking here, but these things are so worth the money. I even fouled up a bit and got a couple repeats, but, with the extra heads and parts that can easily be switched, it's really not a problem to make them look different enough to use. THe detail is just astonishing on these things in hand; photos really don't capture it all. And the face sculpts, as stated above, just bring the figure to life. I love seeing an original line like this, not based on a pre-existing property, doing so well; it goes to show you can still bring forth original ideas and have them sell if they are done well, and I don't think anyone can argue that isn't the case here. And, after opening the build your own barbarian figure, I can attest to one other great aspect of the line: it's plain, flat out FUN! The customizability and interchangeability here adds a LOT to the line. Switching parts around to get just the right barbarian, deciding whether to use one shoulder pad, two or none depending on the figure, mix and match weapons, it's all just outright enjoyable to mess around with. I've seen this with a lot of the things the Fab Four have made: they remember, above all else, that these are toys, and the number one job of a toy is to be fun. And their stuff is.

I'm definitely all in with this line from here on out; what we've been shown looks just as fantastic as what we've gotten.

One little aside: is anyone else cutting a third hole between the two holes on each side of the top of the cape, then folding it so the three holes line up to make it lay better? Seems to work nicely, giving the cape a bit of draping and flowing coming out of the shoulder pads.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman