Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Four Horsemen's Mythic Legions

I selected my add-ons yesterday morning and got myself a pretty good haul. I wanted more but my wallet didn't allow anymore lol I plan to legion build once they hit the website store to complete my shopping list. I will definitely add more orcs, vampires, dwarves and knights. This time I got:

Carpathias, Gorgo, Blood Knight, Tibius, Malleus, Zazhar, Urkku, Urzokk, Skapular x2, Orcs x2, skeletons x6, bronze dwarves x2

Attila, Gideon, Owain, Otho, Ignatius, Galeron, silver knights x2

Attlus, Vitus, Asterionn, Barbarian

Jorund, Thord, Orn, Valgard, silver dwarves x2

W. Packs #1, #2(x2), #3...Figure stands x2
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!!

It's a good thing I didn't know you could still add more after you filled in the backer kit, or I would have spent way too much.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    Quick update on the 4H Mythic Legions!

From Four Horsemen Studios:

This Friday the most successful action figure line ever funded on Kickstarter – MYTHIC LEGIONS – goes up for pre-order on Store Horsemen! More than 30 different figures, legion builder sets, various weapons packs, and even the 48 page Mythic Legions art book will be up for grabs to those of you who weren’t able to participate in the record setting Mythic Legions Kickstarter campaign as well of those Kickstarter backers that want to add a few more items to their Mythic Legions hordes.

The Pre-order will begin at 3:00 pm EST on Friday, May 1stand will run at least until Monday, May 11th at 3:00 pm EST. Please be aware that the money for this pre-order will be collected at the time of the purchase or very soon thereafter, we’re expecting the figures to arrive in our warehouse to begin shipping out to Kickstarter backers in March 2016, and will ship out to Store Horsemen customers after all of the Kickstarterbacker orders have shipped.

This could be your last chance to get your hands on some of these incredible characters from the realm of Mythic Legions, so be sure to have your crossbows, your broadswords and your battering rams at the ready to storm the walls of Store Horsementhis Friday! For more images and info on the realms of Mythic Legions, please visit http://www.MythicLegions.com

Pretty awesome for anyone who didn't get to back this project a month ago!

Also, I didn't realize that this was the most successful Action-figure Kickstarter EVER! It doesn't surprise me, but it's awesome nonetheless!

Read it here:
    http://thefwoosh.com/2015/04/mythic-...store-horsemen

Thanks Fwoosh!
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Another update from their KS: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1214119

"We've seen some comments from Kickstarter backers that they may not have the funds needed to get as many Mythic Legions figures in the up coming Store Horsemen pre-order this Friday as they'd like because they've just spent a tremendous amount to help us get the project launched. We completely understand this. The reason we have to do the pre-order at this time is to get a pretty solid idea of the needed production numbers for the factory before we begin the full production. We just want you all to know that will be ordering more than the number of pre-orders we get, and that there will be stock lot be sold through Store Horsemen after all of the Kickstarter backed orders and Store Horsemen pre-orders have all been shipped out. It won't be a TON of extra stock, so if you have the means to pre-order what you want now, it's probably not a bad idea, but there will be items available for purchase after all of the dust settles.

Also, Kickstarter/Backerkit orders and Store Horsemen orders have to be kept separate. For this reason, shipping charges between the two cannot be combined, and orders from Store Horsemen will be shipped separately from orders through Kickstarter/Backerkit. Sorry for any inconvenience this might cause.
    "

I would have liked more notice, and won't have quite as much money this soon as I would have wished, but I am very glad to have a chance to put in some more guaranteed pre-orders, every one of which is another less that I have to worry about taking my chances on from whatever limited amount gets put up in the store. I got all that I wanted in terms of breadth of character selection from the Backerkit, but I definitely want more depth, and will be adding in as many army builders as possible.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I've got a nice variety of figures (all the skeletons, some of the varied monsters, and a dwarf), but I am tempted to go in and pre-order a few others just to add some spice. And I may give a serious look to whatever overstock they have when the figures arrive. The stuff really looks amazing, and I know the Fab Four are good at delivering in the final product the quality you see in the prototypes.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

The timing is short for a pre-order but it's understandable that production needs to be made asap to meet the 2016 deadline.

I made a list of what extra characters I would want to have to obtain a solid collection and be satisfied. I'll be ordering legion building troops and it's already totaling $372!! I will need to prioritize for this preorder.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!!

I've ordered 4 of these, I'm still not sold on this line but the one's I've ordered are the 4 that look interesting to me.

Okay, added a few more to add some more variety. Got another ogre/orc type, a couple traditional knights, the minotaur type guy and another dwarf. Gonna have to set aside a MAJOR space for this stuff for next year...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

MUST RESIST URGE TO BUY MORE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    MUST RESIST URGE TO BUY MORE!!!!
    That's what I keep telling myself; I just won't listen to me...

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    That's what I keep telling myself; I just won't listen to me...
    And people think MOTUC is a expensive line to collect....

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    And people think MOTUC is a expensive line to collect....

Considering BOSS Fight was charging $30 for 1:18 scale figures, these are a steal. For $3 more, the 4H are giving you a figure MUCH larger in scale.

BOSS Fight's prices were outrageous.
    Last edited by Bonehead; May 5, 2015 at 07:12pm.

Considering BOSS Fight was charging $30 for 1:18 scale figures, these are a steal. For $3 more, the 4H are giving you a figure MUCH larger in scale.

That still doesn't make the 4H any less expensive to purchase. The complete set was over $1000.00. The BOSS fight KS "all-in" was a MUCH better deal than the 4H KS "all-in" package.

I am anxiously waiting for the rumored Power Lords Kickstarter and hope they manage to keep the costs down for that.

I think that's why 4H switched to 1:12. Mythic Legions would have cost about $30 at 1:18 too.

Haven't added anything to my initial Kickstarter pledge, although I would love to, too much good stuff coming!

Heroic Warrior
    They're going to be repainting the Ravens and adding them to ML. And look at that Troll!!!!!*

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2015...p-video-fly-by

* I've heard that it will be offered for sale as a stand-alone item sometime in the Fall, but didn't see confirmation.

I wonder if the 4HM will be at Power-Con, and might have some of this stuff for sale then?

The troll looks great, although they say it'll be vinyl? I'm not sure what that will be like. I couldn't tell if most of the models displayed were good or not, the samples looked all glossy to my untrained eyes. All I got are pictures on the web of course, they must be different in person. I remember the knight riding a dragon they previewed once so I love that they are still going for the bigger items.

I'd be surprised if the Horsemen don't come to Power-Con, which I realize now will be after the GL kickstarter is supposed to ship so they very well could be selling GL at the con. How cool to see it all together!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    The troll looks great, although they say it'll be vinyl? I'm not sure what that will be like.
    It'll probably be like the Toy Biz LOTR Battle Trolls just with more articulation.

I'm just glad that we won't need a Kickstarter for them and that we can just order them from the Storehorsemen site.

Yeah, they probably mean rotocast. It's used for a lot of larger items. Gygor was partially rotocast.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

These are awesome, but I'm hoping for more bucks. I'd like to see a thinner buck for archers and elves, women warriors, robe-buck for wizards, and maybe something scaley or hairy for werewolves and other creatures.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    These are awesome, but I'm hoping for more bucks. I'd like to see a thinner buck for archers and elves, women warriors, robe-buck for wizards, and maybe something scaley or hairy for werewolves and other creatures.
    I think there was mention of the next round featuring a female buck.

As for the troll, I'm pretty sure Treadway was talking about it being rotocast, hollow vinyl like many big figure nowadays. The creature looks amazing, and 12" should give him a big size advantage over the poor 6" figures (from this point on known as "troll lunch" ).

So glad I have no willpower and was unable to resist this line...

Heroic Warrior
    Eric Treadaway talks about the female buck (and other stuff): http://thefwoosh.com/2015/07/fwooshc...sdcc-interview

New update today too: http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/?p=2562

MYTHIC LEGIONS – As you saw at the 2015 San Diego Comic Con, things are moving along well for Mythic Legions. We showed test shots (the first plastic that’s run through the steel molds) of many of the Mythic Legions characters and we’ll be taking detailed photos of all of the test shots and posting them online within the next week or so. We’re going over those test shots with a fine toothed comb now so we can let the factory know what adjustments need to be made on them and so far the changes have all been very minor. In all of the years we’ve been doing this, those first ML test shots may have been the best we’ve ever gotten. This means that the final product promises to be spectacular. We also revealed the first of our oversized or “deluxe” Mythic Legions characters – the Troll! It was just a very rough sculpture and there’s still a lot to do to make it a finished figure, but as you can tell from what’s already been done with it, the figure’s going to be amazing. It’ll have multiple variant versions – each with a different head, different weapons and a different “soft goods” (fur, leather, burlap, etc…) loincloth and will tower over all of the other current Mythic Legions figures. We’ll get better pics of that guy up soon before we go into the final sculpting stages on him soon as well. You may also have noticed a couple of new characters added to the birds line that used to be a part of our Gothitropolis property – the Hornbill and the Dragon. We’re going to go in and finish all of the paints on all of the prototypes that were on those shelves and hopefully do a pre-order for those and some of the previously released birds through Store Horsemen within the next month or so.
    I love the idea of multiple Trolls, though my wallet is hating it. I'll see. Everything sounds like it's going great though!

MAR 16 can't get here soon enough!!! Talk about troop building? Whose got some gold and silver knights to fight some snake men troopers? Or skeleton warriors to help ol' Skull Face himself.

The future for this line looks incredible. The trick is, you have to get them during the kickstarter as they hardly stock their store and those sell out instantly. IE: Gothropolis, Ravens. Not sure about Seventh Kingdom since that was before I got into this scale, but they are uber expensive now

Quote Originally Posted by Gem Baron View Post
    MAR 16 can't get here soon enough!!! Talk about troop building? Whose got some gold and silver knights to fight some snake men troopers? Or skeleton warriors to help ol' Skull Face himself.

The future for this line looks incredible. The trick is, you have to get them during the kickstarter as they hardly stock their store and those sell out instantly. IE: Gothropolis, Ravens. Not sure about Seventh Kingdom since that was before I got into this scale, but they are uber expensive now
    The problem with some of the earlier Seventh Kingdom lines was that you had to go through hoops to get a whole set, as there were multiple retailer exclusives.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Gem Baron View Post

I've got 2 Gold Knights and 4 Silver Knights coming, but no Snake Men though. Several skeletons also, but I'm keeping them separate from Motuc, at least for now. I'll see.

Buying everything from the KS, or the pre-order period was super tough for me, as I hadn't even heard of these until the KS had ended, but I think I'm set. As for buying later, the 4HM haver been at every previous Power Con, and IF they're at the next one too then it'll be just a month or two after ML ships, so I'm hoping they have some more there, in case I want to pick up extras.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry_Picker View Post
    I've got 2 Gold Knights and 4 Silver Knights coming, but no Snake Men though. Several skeletons also, but I'm keeping them separate from Motuc, at least for now. I'll see.

Buying everything from the KS, or the pre-order period was super tough for me, as I hadn't even heard of these until the KS had ended, but I think I'm set. As for buying later, the 4HM haver been at every previous Power Con, and IF they're at the next one too then it'll be just a month or two after ML ships, so I'm hoping they have some more there, in case I want to pick up extras.
    I know. Having to pay all at once, rather payments pulled each month like a sub, was painful but worth it.