Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Horsemen's Mythic Legions

Backed! I got as many as I could afford right now, and definitely have my eye on Attlus and the two Orcs if they get unlocked.

I've been so excited about this line since I first laid eyes on it! (Which was quite a while ago!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    So if I am reading this correct...
    The kickstand allows you to pledge for certain figures??
    It's almost like a pre-order?
    If the goals are met then you can pledge on for the stretch - goal figures?
    I like most...but not all the figures. If I am understanding this right then I am VERY much on board!
    Pledge for 1 figure that is $30 or more.

Then it's suggested you make a list of all the figures you're after if you're not getting them all. Write them down, keep that list safe and sound somewhere. And then right now, go back and "edit your pledge amount" to the total that equals the number of figures you want. For the main characters it's 33 a character (in the US), for any of the army builders it's 18 a figure (depending on the "standard" or "army builder figures" that you would add to your pledge amount. The prices for the Add-ons are there at the bottom of the story page.

This is nice because you can edit that amount at any time. So say the Attlus Barbarian gets unlocked, you can then just go in and add 33$ to your pledge amount.

THEN AT THE END OF THE KICKSTARTER… You will be asked to fill out a survey and actually list the names of the characters you want.

So yes, it's basically like a pre-ordering system.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Probably a good idea to make a list even if you are getting them all because they aren't all in the bundle! The Legion Builders are separate from the 16 main figures and Add-Ons. This line is Massive! I want them all, but yikes, it's almost 1K to get them all.

Legion Builders
    • Silver Knight
    • Gold Knight
    • Bronze Dwarf
    • Silver Dwarf
    • Standard Skeleton
    • Golden Skeleton

Standard Assortment
    • Sir Gideon Heavensbrand
    • Gorgo Aetherblade
    • Thord Ironjaw
    • Skapular the Cryptgreaker
    • Sir Galeron
    • Orn Steelhide
    • Clavian
    • Atilla Leossyr
    • Sir Owain
    • Jorund Runeshaper
    • Tibius
    • Otho
    • Sir Ignatius
    • Bothar Shadowhorn
    • Carpathias
    • Fantastic Exclusive Winner

Add-Ons
    • Urzokk
    • Attlus the Conquerer
    • Urkku
    • Vitus
    • Asterionn
    • Bog Goblin
    • Azhar
    • Zazhar

Yeah, I want Attlus and the Orc Add-Ons too--more than some of the regular assortment. Also I miss the beard on Orn Steelhide.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Yeah, it's huge out the gate as it is, and if everything gets unlocked, it's 30 figures!!!

I can only pick and choose right now, so I made it a point to adjust my pledge amount to cover the figures I can't live without. If my money circumstance changes in the meantime, I'll up my pledge amount as I can. Same goes for if/when the others I really want get unlocked. For example, I'll kick myself if I can't get that Attlus and the Orc figures.

They've made it as affordable as they can, considering these are high end, 6" scale, fully detailed and painted figures.

Oh, and I had to get that Art book/Comic book too… If this goes through, that'll be the first full 4H comic of ever. How cool is that?!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw

So are these gonna be 6" after all?

Quote Originally Posted by black7towr View Post
    So are these gonna be 6" after all?
    Yes they are.

As factory costs were coming in, they saw that the price they would have to charge for the 4" scale, was very close or the same as it would cost per unit at the 6" scale. They knew many fans wanted them at 6" anyways, so that's what they chose to do. They feel like fans will get more out of their money than they would've had they kept it at 4".

Hope that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Backed! I got as many as I could afford right now, and definitely have my eye on Attlus and the two Orcs if they get unlocked.

I've been so excited about this line since I first laid eyes on it! (Which was quite a while ago!)

- - - Updated - - -

Pledge for 1 figure that is $30 or more.

Then it's suggested you make a list of all the figures you're after if you're not getting them all. Write them down, keep that list safe and sound somewhere. And then right now, go back and "edit your pledge amount" to the total that equals the number of figures you want. For the main characters it's 33 a character (in the US), for any of the army builders it's 18 a figure (depending on the "standard" or "army builder figures" that you would add to your pledge amount. The prices for the Add-ons are there at the bottom of the story page.

This is nice because you can edit that amount at any time. So say the Attlus Barbarian gets unlocked, you can then just go in and add 33$ to your pledge amount.

THEN AT THE END OF THE KICKSTARTER… You will be asked to fill out a survey and actually list the names of the characters you want.

So yes, it's basically like a pre-ordering system.
    This is the first time I had seen anything about this line and I'm stunned at how amazing this could be Just wondering though, if you do pledge this month to get a few figures could you add a figure every month until the figures are released? I want ALL of these, but dropping like $1000 isn't an option right now

Heroic Warrior
    I wish the legion builder 6-packs were available mixed (3 of each color in a style)... I would get three of the 6 packs if there were a Knight pack with 3 gold and 3 silver, a dwarf pack with 3 bronze and 3 silver, and a skeleton pack with 3 standard and 3 golden.

Aside from that, even though my wife may have an issue with the space requirements, I will probably be all in for these, just like I was for the Ravens. But with the current 6-pack setup for the legion builders, I may only get a small handful (one of each figure?) on those.

I'll pick and choose a few characters. It's a great line overall but collection space is tight.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    This is the first time I had seen anything about this line and I'm stunned at how amazing this could be Just wondering though, if you do pledge this month to get a few figures could you add a figure every month until the figures are released? I want ALL of these, but dropping like $1000 isn't an option right now
    In order to be guaranteed to get the figures you want, you would need to pay for all when the final survey comes, within a week or so of the campaign ending if it goes like the Ravens did.

The Kickstarter itself only lasts for one month. 29 days to be exact at this point.

As I mentioned above, I would suggest writing up your own wish list, and if money is an issue, which it often is with all of us, prioritize your list. Figure out which one you cannot live without.
    Then adjust your pledge amount right now to cover only the figures you "need".

There will be time at the end of the Kickstarter, when they will send you a survey, and that is where you will add the names of the figures you want to order specifically. I hope that makes sense.

Your first pledge must be over $30 right now, in order to change your pledge amount and get add-ons later.

Example… If I'm picking and choosing because I'm on a budget…

- Order one of the standard assortment figures right now which will pledge $45. Let's pretend that figure is your top priority figure, we'll say Otho.
    - Now make your wish list on your own, either digitally, or on a piece of paper that you'll keep safe. Let's say you "NEED" an army builder Skeleton, and then you add Sir Gideon and Gorgo Aetherblade. That would be $18 for the Skeleton, and $33 for Gideon, $33 for Gorgo.
    - Go to your pledge amount and "edit pledge" to reflect your added figures, so $45 + $18 + $33 + $33 = $129. So increase your pledge from $45 to $129.
    There is no need to select the figures below on that page at $45 again. Just keep your wish list safe till the end of the Kickstarter.

- Let's say Attlus gets unlocked, and you need him too. You can then edit your pledge amount to add him later when he is unlocked. from $129 to $162. (129 + 33 = 162)

- What the above does, is 1. help back the project, and 2. insure you have money set aside to get those figures you pledged for, at the end of the Kickstarter you will be sent a survey where you will be able to specify the characters you originally wanted, Otho, Skeleton warrior, Gideon, Gorgo, and the unlocked Attlus.
    - At that time, if you have more money and would like others, you will be able to "order" any additional figures you have your eye on, this will happen a month from now, or thereabouts.

Will they all be available on Storehorsemen.com later? Likely, how fast will they sell out? Who knows! If the Ravens are an indicator, it'll happen lightning fast.
    So again, backing now, will ensure you get what you want and can afford right now.

Lastly. The Horsemen want this to be as successful as possible, and expect this line to grow. If the Kickstarter is successful, you can guarantee that because these molds are made, that they will continue to produce more Mythic Legions figures outside the Kickstarter. They have plans to really grow this line in a big way, and would love for it to be an "evergreen" property that they can continually run figures from and expand.

So will you be able to get these exact figures later? Maybe, it's entirely possible you will.
    But if you can support now, you will be guaranteed to get what you want while it's early and the getting is good.

I had to prioritize for myself as well, as I do not have it in my budget to get them all right now. So I did almost exactly what I listed above. (although I did find a number of figures that I would really like to get so my total was a little more. SHHHH! Don't tell my wife or my wallet!!!)
    Last edited by Baena; February 10, 2015 at 02:17pm.

Heroic Warrior
    The more I look at these, the more I think a lot of them would be great in the MOTUC display... The dwarves and knights could be part of Vykor's battle, while the skeleton warriors could be in Skeletor's army.

Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    The more I look at these, the more I think a lot of them would be great in the MOTUC display... The dwarves and knights could be part of Vykor's battle, while the skeleton warriors could be in Skeletor's army.
    Totally!

And imagine how cool they'll be in Castle Grayskull.

Here's an update about what happens after the Kickstarter, to help you get the exact figures you want, and an example of what that page may look like:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1131869

The Kickstarter itself only lasts for one month. 29 days to be exact at this point.

As I mentioned above, I would suggest writing up your own wish list, and if money is an issue, which it often is with all of us, prioritize your list. Figure out which one you cannot live without.
    Then adjust your pledge amount right now to cover only the figures you "need".

There will be time at the end of the Kickstarter, when they will send you a survey, and that is where you will add the names of the figures you want to order specifically. I hope that makes sense.

Your first pledge must be over $30 right now, in order to change your pledge amount and get add-ons later.

Example… If I'm picking and choosing because I'm on a budget…

- Order one of the standard assortment figures right now which will pledge $45. Let's pretend that figure is your top priority figure, we'll say Otho.
    - Now make your wish list on your own, either digitally, or on a piece of paper that you'll keep safe. Let's say you "NEED" an army builder Skeleton, and then you add Sir Gideon and Gorgo Aetherblade. That would be $18 for the Skeleton, and $33 for Gideon, $33 for Gorgo.
    - Go to your pledge amount and "edit pledge" to reflect your added figures, so $45 + $18 + $33 + $33 = $129. So increase your pledge from $45 to $129.
    There is no need to select the figures below on that page at $45 again. Just keep your wish list safe till the end of the Kickstarter.

- Let's say Attlus gets unlocked, and you need him too. You can then edit your pledge amount to add him later when he is unlocked. from $129 to $162. (129 + 33 = 162)

- What the above does, is 1. help back the project, and 2. insure you have money set aside to get those figures you pledged for, at the end of the Kickstarter you will be sent a survey where you will be able to specify the characters you originally wanted, Otho, Skeleton warrior, Gideon, Gorgo, and the unlocked Attlus.
    - At that time, if you have more money and would like others, you will be able to "order" any additional figures you have your eye on, this will happen a month from now, or thereabouts.

Will they all be available on Storehorsemen.com later? Likely, how fast will they sell out? Who knows! If the Ravens are an indicator, it'll happen lightning fast.
    So again, backing now, will ensure you get what you want and can afford right now.

Lastly. The Horsemen want this to be as successful as possible, and expect this line to grow. If the Kickstarter is successful, you can guarantee that because these molds are made, that they will continue to produce more Mythic Legions figures outside the Kickstarter. They have plans to really grow this line in a big way, and would love for it to be an "evergreen" property that they can continually run figures from and expand.

So will you be able to get these exact figures later? Maybe, it's entirely possible you will.
    But if you can support now, you will be guaranteed to get what you want while it's early and the getting is good.

I had to prioritize for myself as well, as I do not have it in my budget to get them all right now. So I did almost exactly what I listed above. (although I did find a number of figures that I would really like to get so my total was a little more. SHHHH! Don't tell my wife or my wallet!!!)
    Thanks Baena! I was hoping for some info and you delivered I swear I'm tempted to opt all in and face the wrath of my spouse, but I'm sure she'll understand when I point out to her that these are FULLY articulated Knight and Skeleton figures (not to mention dwarves!)

I'm in. Pledged for Gorgo, Carpathius, and a Basic Skels, which is all I can do right now. Depending on what gets unlocked and my own personal whims, I'll add more in the pledge manager.

Just hope people realize that as long as they pledge for one of the basic figures ($30), they can do add-ons in the campaign and PM. Some people got tripped up by similar in the Ravens campaign.

-----

I wanted to add that's it great the 4H added on 'army builder' option. That will really help the campaign.
    Last edited by Nekk-ra; February 10, 2015 at 05:52pm.

Thanks Baena! I was hoping for some info and you delivered I swear I'm tempted to opt all in and face the wrath of my spouse, but I'm sure she'll understand when I point out to her that these are FULLY articulated Knight and Skeleton figures (not to mention dwarves!)
    Surely if she's a sensible woman, she will support you in every way in this!!!

Maybe there should be some lady knights among their FANtastic Exclusive options to help win over anyone who would object to all these guys? Kind of a long shot, but I know I'd die if they offered up your Iz Queen Warrior design with the Alluxandra buck...
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Maybe there should be some lady knights among their FANtastic Exclusive options to help win over anyone who would object to all these guys? Kind of a long shot, but I know I'd die if they offered up your Iz Queen Warrior design with the Alluxandra buck...
    That would be cool.

Female characters are planned for the line, but they unfortunately would require a ton more money in tooling for it to happen in this Kickstarter. The Horsemen have said, that "Phase 2" of Mythic Legions will indeed feature female characters.
    They also just recently said in the comments on the Kickstarter page, that if this "Phase 1" does waaaaay above and beyond what's expected, there's a slim possibility that they could do the tooling for the female buck, but it would take a ton. Because while female characters, some very important characters to the mythos actually, are planned and loosely designed, they aren't even sculpted yet.

Have no fear though, again, they're in the plans, but we need to get this funded as is in order to generate the funds needed to continue the line as it were.

Just based on what I know of the line, Phase 2 brings a whole new level of amazing characters to the table. The Horsemen haven't let us down in the past, and they've really poured their all into the plans for this line, it's so cool!!!

Seriously, I've not been this excited in a line since MotU and Seventh Kingdom.

Heroic Warrior
    eh.

here is someone who isn't a fan........ http://www.toplessrobot.com/2015/02/...isappointi.php

Size wise we know if they are closer to MOTUC or their other lines like Seventh Kingdom/Gothropolis?
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I just hope they have proper ankle tilt. Sounds like they're going to have ball ankles, which hopefully doesn't mean like what the Ravens have.

I'm pretty sure they'll be closer to Gothitropolis.

I think they showed the scale would be compatible with both MOTUC and Gothitropolis.

These figures are so awesome.

Still making out my list of what I want but it looks like it's going to be mostly Skeletons and Dwarfs. I love them!! Orcs will be instant buys as soon as they are unlocked.

The knights seem rather boring but the ability to swap the armor and parts even makes them "must buys." Ugh.

I hope one of the Stretch Goals is another Vampire character.

I made my pledge The "If I can't buy this, my inner child will weep in agony" shtick to my wife wins again

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    I'm pretty sure they'll be closer to Gothitropolis.
    Ugh, sometimes I feel like the Horsemen have something against ankle tilt...