Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Horsemen's Mythic Legions

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    Ugh, sometimes I feel like the Horsemen have something against ankle tilt...
    If you check out the Kickstarter page, it looks like ankle tilt is included. That plain white piece in the "smorgasbord of figures" above looks to be just a non-articulated proto-sculpt.

Edited to add, I think the comment you quoted was in reference to size, not articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    eh.

here is someone who isn't a fan........ http://www.toplessrobot.com/2015/02/...isappointi.php
    I have to say, there's nothing in this line so far that shouts must have to me, stuff like this seems a step back from what the Ravens where

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I made my pledge The "If I can't buy this, my inner child will weep in agony" shtick to my wife wins again
    LOL! Awesome! Congrats!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    LOL! Awesome! Congrats!
    Thx! --Now, I just hope this line goes through pretty fast and isn't like a Motuc sub drive

Heroic Warrior
    Buried where neither man nor demon would want to look
    Easy pass. It looks like a lazy mash-up of Game of Thrones and World of Warcraft - like they were sitting around spit-balling things that are popular with "kids these days". And those are some of the worst character names I've seen outside of the MOTUC create-a-character contest. Skapular? Really?

I'll save my money for the next Boss Fight kickstarter.
    It's a big rock. I can't wait to tell my friends. They don't have a rock this big.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    That would be cool.

Female characters are planned for the line, but they unfortunately would require a ton more money in tooling for it to happen in this Kickstarter. The Horsemen have said, that "Phase 2" of Mythic Legions will indeed feature female characters.
    They also just recently said in the comments on the Kickstarter page, that if this "Phase 1" does waaaaay above and beyond what's expected, there's a slim possibility that they could do the tooling for the female buck, but it would take a ton. Because while female characters, some very important characters to the mythos actually, are planned and loosely designed, they aren't even sculpted yet.

Have no fear though, again, they're in the plans, but we need to get this funded as is in order to generate the funds needed to continue the line as it were.

Just based on what I know of the line, Phase 2 brings a whole new level of amazing characters to the table. The Horsemen haven't let us down in the past, and they've really poured their all into the plans for this line, it's so cool!!!

Seriously, I've not been this excited in a line since MotU and Seventh Kingdom.
    While these are new, they evoke so much of what I love in fantasy designs that I can't help but feel some nostalgia is in here just as with MOTUC. For me these are kind of evoking LJN's Dungeons and Dragons toys and related materials. I see shades of Warduke, Elkhorn, and Strongheart in some of these. I owned some of the coloring books, but not the figures, but even so I remember them. Here finally is something that matches how those old toys made me feel. So if there is more to follow this then I'm even more excited for it to go through. I'd be so wild to see also elves, lady warriors, bearded mages, and dragons joining these! I cannot think of a better set of artists to capture such wonderful genre than the Horsemen and their collaborators. Honestly, it saddens me to see anyone dissatisfied by what these look like, because I think they are missing out like a person who won't eat chocolate only because it looks too much like mud. Actually I get that more than I do anyone not liking how these look. To paraphrase Hiro from Big Hero Six: I fail to see how they fail to see that this is awesome!!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Thx! --Now, I just hope this line goes through pretty fast and isn't like a Motuc sub drive
    Nah. You have to go to on the miniature/board game kickstarters for drama. The action figure ones are much saner.

I will probably do about 10 figures or so. The dwarves are awesome. I hope the orcs get unlocked as well as some of the higher tiered figures.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Right now I'm looking to get at least 10 individual figures plus a 6 pack of skeletons.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

As of right now, they have already met 1/2 of the goal ($72,000)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    While these are new, they evoke so much of what I love in fantasy designs that I can't help but feel some nostalgia is in here just as with MOTUC. For me these are kind of evoking LJN's Dungeons and Dragons toys and related materials. I see shades of Warduke, Elkhorn, and Strongheart in some of these. I owned some of the coloring books, but not the figures, but even so I remember them. Here finally is something that matches how those old toys made me feel. So if there is more to follow this then I'm even more excited for it to go through. I'd be so wild to see also elves, lady warriors, bearded mages, and dragons joining these! I cannot think of a better set of artists to capture such wonderful genre than the Horsemen and their collaborators. Honestly, it saddens me to see anyone dissatisfied by what these look like, because I think they are missing out like a person who won't eat chocolate only because it looks too much like mud. Actually I get that more than I do anyone not liking how these look. To paraphrase Hiro from Big Hero Six: I fail to see how they fail to see that this is awesome!!
    Another classic line this reminds me of is the Supernaturals line from the 80's Super.jpg Remember them?

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I was actually excited about the line when it was first announced, as the figures looked good, and I loved the skeleton warriors (please note the small letters rather than caps; the actual Skeleton Warriors is something I did support on Kickstarter). But at the time it was proposed as a 4" line. I have to say upping it to 6" has dampened my interest tremendously. The promise of things like beasts and maybe even vehicles/playsets seems more unlikely now, and if they were made, they would cause some serious space problems for me. It's too bad, as they still look amazing (no surprise for a line made by the Fab Four), but they're pretty well sized out of my space range right now. Just too much other stuff that will need the room that really I want more.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I was actually excited about the line when it was first announced, as the figures looked good, and I loved the skeleton warriors (please note the small letters rather than caps; the actual Skeleton Warriors is something I did support on Kickstarter). But at the time it was proposed as a 4" line. I have to say upping it to 6" has dampened my interest tremendously. The promise of things like beasts and maybe even vehicles/playsets seems more unlikely now, and if they were made, they would cause some serious space problems for me. It's too bad, as they still look amazing (no surprise for a line made by the Fab Four), but they're pretty well sized out of my space range right now. Just too much other stuff that will need the room that really I want more.
    Beasts... when I was at 4H studios last year, Eric was working on a troll for this line. It was to have several heads, and even tho he was far from finished, the damn thing looked EPIC! Lets hope this thing gets funded because they have every intention of making larger stuff. In the studio they had the 6 inch prototypes displayed... they truly are amazing. We talked a lot about scale. At 4 inches they would fit with the Toys R Us medieval figures, but the cost for 4 inch and 6 inch wasn't to be much different. I think 6 inch is totally the way to go. They did have one figure riding an amazing blue dragon in the studio... so I do believe they are willing to create some great stuff here!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    Beasts... when I was at 4H studios last year, Eric was working on a troll for this line. It was to have several heads, and even tho he was far from finished, the damn thing looked EPIC! Lets hope this thing gets funded because they have every intention of making larger stuff. In the studio they had the 6 inch prototypes displayed... they truly are amazing. We talked a lot about scale. At 4 inches they would fit with the Toys R Us medieval figures, but the cost for 4 inch and 6 inch wasn't to be much different. I think 6 inch is totally the way to go. They did have one figure riding an amazing blue dragon in the studio... so I do believe they are willing to create some great stuff here!
    I've no doubt they will be producing some amazing stuff. It's the Horsemen; that's pretty much a given. And I think these might go along with some of the 7th Kingdom and Gothtropolis stuff they've done at the larger scale (which is likely another reason for the scale change). But for me, it's competing with a lot of other 6" stuff: Batman Animated, the just announced 6" DCC Icons figures, Marvel Legends (a bunch rumored to be coming out this year), Star Wars Black, not to mention the slightly larger things like NECA's lines (Aliens, Predator, Terminator, Robocop, Planet of the Apes). As it is, I don't know what I may have to pass on due to money and space, the latter being as much a concern as the former for me. Dragon riders sound great, but I just don't have a place for something likely as big as that would have to be. That 2" difference makes a lot of difference when you're setting up a display.

Mind you, I may get a few here and there if they do go with the aforementioned Horsemen 6-7" lines (the skeletons are going to be way tempting), but I was considering going all in at 4".
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Chewer of Trollans
    So here's my problem.
    I went in as far as I could with the Ravens figures thinking I'd get the rest as they were available in the horsemen store. They're not available.
    This is a line I should be able to keep building to for years even with just the products seen, but the figures become so scarce, I can't commit. After market prices on Horsemen figures are preposterous. I'm priced out of that style of collecting. I want an assurance that the line will be supported after the kickstarter, with opportunities for more pre-orders etc--especially for those of us that commit to some kickstarter level.

Quote Originally Posted by tenno View Post
    So here's my problem.
    I went in as far as I could with the Ravens figures thinking I'd get the rest as they were available in the horsemen store. They're not available.
    This is a line I should be able to keep building to for years even with just the products seen, but the figures become so scarce, I can't commit. After market prices on Horsemen figures are preposterous. I'm priced out of that style of collecting. I want an assurance that the line will be supported after the kickstarter, with opportunities for more pre-orders etc--especially for those of us that commit to some kickstarter level.
    That is the question, eh? Anything I've bought from the 4H website is gone, and I won't be able to get it (for the price I got it) again. Even if I wanted to build a few Power Lords guys later on...I can't. Gotta get 'em right then and there.

This is a line clearly built for BUYING, ya know? Like you said. I'm doing what you talked about: buying what I can from the kickstater with expectations that I'll be able to get some more later. Funny thing is that I'm buying from the Kickstarter based on the fact that I might NOT be able to get anything later, because of what you just explained. I can't guarantee to be at their site at the right time to get the ONE chance they give you to buy the product.

The Ravens I sorta understand. A lot of them are unique and I suppose they don't led themselves to building armies. But this line IS. I hope the kickstarter funding is to fund an ongoing toyline.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I'm doing what you talked about: buying what I can from the kickstater with expectations that I'll be able to get some more later. Funny thing is that I'm buying from the Kickstarter based on the fact that I might NOT be able to get anything later, because of what you just explained. I can't guarantee to be at their site at the right time to get the ONE chance they give you to buy the product.
    The other thing is that these are not scheduled to drop until March 2016. After delays and whatnot most likely summer of 2016. People are paying now (large amounts in some cases) for stuff that will not be available for 13-16 months. Life can change so much in that time frame that I am always reluctant to back Kickstarters just for that reason. If they just took a deposit now and the rest later it would be different. Now I realize that is not the point of Kickstarters but it would be nice to have that option.

Now on a different note, 4H if you are reading this...PLEASE show a fraction of the love to Power Lords that you are showing with the Mythic Legions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    That is the question, eh? Anything I've bought from the 4H website is gone, and I won't be able to get it (for the price I got it) again. Even if I wanted to build a few Power Lords guys later on...I can't. Gotta get 'em right then and there.

This is a line clearly built for BUYING, ya know? Like you said. I'm doing what you talked about: buying what I can from the kickstater with expectations that I'll be able to get some more later. Funny thing is that I'm buying from the Kickstarter based on the fact that I might NOT be able to get anything later, because of what you just explained. I can't guarantee to be at their site at the right time to get the ONE chance they give you to buy the product.

The Ravens I sorta understand. A lot of them are unique and I suppose they don't led themselves to building armies. But this line IS. I hope the kickstarter funding is to fund an ongoing toyline.
    I really wish this line could be like the sub model for Motuc (yeah--I know what I'm saying here ). I would love to totally commit to this line, but to drop several $100 at one time is tough. Like you said I hope that this does well enough to be an ongoing line where supplies will be enough where you can order later and not see 1-2 min sell outs like KG yesterday

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    I am not the biggest fan of the costs, but this line looks really cool. I'm more interested in some of these than the Ravens, which I have two of.

I really like that they are going to be in the 6.5" scale. I'm just trying figure out which one(s) might best fit my MOTUCs. Some of those skeletons and dwarves are intriguing.

I regret not getting more of the black raven. I got one of each character, but now I wish I'd gotten several extras of him because I'd have liked to have the open beak and skeleton head variants. In hindsight I'm glad I got one pair of wings despite how overpriced I think they were. I really thought they'd have a bunch of the black raven in stock but they seemed to disappear before I acted so I missed out. You definitely have to be a committed buyer with these toys, but I've regretted missing out on the minotaurs for years (and it's now clear those are never coming back).

Another classic line this reminds me of is the Supernaturals line from the 80's Super.jpg Remember them?
    Yeah! I even owned several, although I could never understand what the black knight's evil form was supposed to be. If I saw it now I'd probably know right away but at the time my young brain couldn't figure it out.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post

Yeah! I even owned several, although I could never understand what the black knight's evil form was supposed to be. If I saw it now I'd probably know right away but at the time my young brain couldn't figure it out.
    I love the Super Naturals - I had a few as a kid, and last year for my birthday I tracked down all six of the full-size figures. (They weren't all that pricey, really, as I recall.)

Burnheart is basically some sort of fire demon.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I am not the biggest fan of the costs, but this line looks really cool. I'm more interested in some of these than the Ravens, which I have two of.

I really like that they are going to be in the 6.5" scale. I'm just trying figure out which one(s) might best fit my MOTUCs. Some of those skeletons and dwarves are intriguing.
    That's pretty much what I'm doing to keep my buying down to a minimum: Just stuff that work well with MotUC and a few other favorites. So yeah, SKELETONS! I can't wait to have He-Man take on a bunch!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Mythic Combo1.jpgMythic Combo2.jpg

I had some time today at lunch to mock up what these figs could look like with out beloved MotUC Collection. I especially wanted to see them with Castle Grayskull.
    Mind you, these are just me having fun, but I can imagine already how the Skeleton and other dark characters can add to Skeletor's ranks, as well as added knights in shining armor for He-Man and his crew. Also, if you're a fan of Alcala's early work, you know there are knight's armor there with all the other weapons of Grayskull!

These things are too cool to pass up! I really have warmed up to them being in a 6" scale that will be more or less very compatible with MotUC!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Pledged a few days ago. This line is so very cool. I love all the different fantasy archetypes represented, and look forward to seeing what the 4H have in store for phase 2.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Heroic Warrior
    Those skeleton figures are so cool. I would love to have an army of these for motuc.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Those skeleton figures are so cool. I would love to have an army of these for motuc.
    I think A LOT of fans are doing that. I know I am! In reality, I don't see Mattel ever doing Skeleton Warriors for Skeletor now that the Hoverbots are coming out so this is a nice way to fill that gap.

Anyone else think that maybe the 4H put a little too much in this KS? 16 figures is a lot. Maybe they should have cut back the character selection which would have lowered the goal? The rest of the characters could have been in the next KS.