Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 1333

Thread: Four Horsemen's Mythic Legions

  1. #76
    Heroic Warrior Count Judas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Underworld, Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,144
    Just backed this project. As a huge fan of medieval stuff, I was stoked to find out that the 4H were developing a line like this. I missed out on the ravens (really only wanted the black one) if they open it up again I'll surely buy one or that blue phoenix one. I for one am glad they went 6 inch on this. To collect a whole new differently scaled items along with MOTUC wouldn't have interested me. I backed as much as I could and I hope to order more after the kickstarter. This line looks great, the 4H make amazing sculpts and I hope this line reaches & surpassed those locked levels! I would like to see them and hopefully add them, if my wallet doesn't die on me!

    Carpathias (my fave)
    Gorgo Aetherblade
    Urkku, 4 Skeletons
    Attila Leossyr, Otho, Sir Ignatius - gold weapons and a flight stand
    Last edited by Count Judas; February 23, 2015 at 12:48am.
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2019: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man and movie figures

  2. #77
    Chewer of Trollans
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Banished
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Attachment 100990Attachment 100991

    I had some time today at lunch to mock up what these figs could look like with out beloved MotUC Collection. I especially wanted to see them with Castle Grayskull.
    Mind you, these are just me having fun, but I can imagine already how the Skeleton and other dark characters can add to Skeletor's ranks, as well as added knights in shining armor for He-Man and his crew. Also, if you're a fan of Alcala's early work, you know there are knight's armor there with all the other weapons of Grayskull!

    These things are too cool to pass up! I really have warmed up to them being in a 6" scale that will be more or less very compatible with MotUC!

    I think you should consider reposting this image under a new title in the main forum. MOTUC with Other Lines or Mythic Legions with Classics: something like that. Even though the kickstarter was on the main page, I don't feel like it's getting the support it should be getting.
    This is just the first wave. Imagine what could be added to MOTUC when the females, elves, and beasts show up in the next wave.

  3. #78
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,891
    Quote Originally Posted by tenno View Post
    I think you should consider reposting this image under a new title in the main forum. MOTUC with Other Lines or Mythic Legions with Classics: something like that. Even though the kickstarter was on the main page, I don't feel like it's getting the support it should be getting.
    This is just the first wave. Imagine what could be added to MOTUC when the females, elves, and beasts show up in the next wave.
    Feel free to share these anywhere you'd like!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  4. #79
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1,264
    I'm struggling with whether I want to jump at this one or not, and if so for how much. I feel like some of the figures fit in with MOTUC, but not all... And my MOTUC collection is already quite large. I don't know that I really need the extra figures to beef things up. Besides, I'm more interested in the Ravens and really hoping the 12 shown at NYTF show up sooner than later. I don't want to miss out on those because I chose to back this...

  5. #80
    SAY10 is coming... dedset13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Bedford, MA
    Posts
    5,500
    I finally put my initial pledges in.

    I started with a Standard Skeleton Legion Builder. Then I added another Standard Skeleton, Carpathias, Jorund Runeshaper and the Art Book.

    I'll likely end up adding quite a bit more, just waiting to see what else is shown.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

  6. #81
    Heroic Warrior Kid Canada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,352
    I've been keeping an eye on this and it seems to be struggling the last 10 days or so. It did great out of the gate but since then it has been pretty stagnant. Compared to how the Ravens KS did, this one must be a little disappointing at this point.

  7. #82
    In disguise! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shelby, NC
    Posts
    2,554
    I'm definitely liking these, but there's just too much stuff at one time! I know it sounds crazy, but I really wish they would have paired things down a bit for the initial release. It's just a bit overwhelming, particularly when you have to pay all at once unlike a MOTUC sub or a flexpay for a Hot Toys figure or a Sideshow statue.

    if they'd started with four to six figures I probably would have went all in but, with so much stuff available, I'm actually just deciding to pass.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!


    "We have a Ram-Man!"

  8. #83
    Angast's #1 fan Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Windy City South Suburbs
    Posts
    5,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I'm definitely liking these, but there's just too much stuff at one time! I know it sounds crazy, but I really wish they would have paired things down a bit for the initial release.
    That's what I said earlier in the thread. IMO 16 figures is too much.

    I also question the timing of it. With the 200X sub on sale at the same time, I know some people are having to pass. They should have waited till SDCC to do the Kickstarter. The Ravens ran July/August and they were able to preview the figures at the Con.

    I still hope it goes through. I really want those skeletons, orcs, and dwarfs.

  9. #84
    Heroic Hyperborean NorthCoast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,917
    Get your pledges and your votes in there so we can make a Blood Knight!

    Snake Mountain, FINALLY!!!

  10. #85
    SAY10 is coming... dedset13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Bedford, MA
    Posts
    5,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    I've been keeping an eye on this and it seems to be struggling the last 10 days or so. It did great out of the gate but since then it has been pretty stagnant. Compared to how the Ravens KS did, this one must be a little disappointing at this point.
    I think it's actually doing better than the Ravens KS did, through the halfway point. Kickstarter projects tend to get lots of support right off the bat, then they level off for a bit. Then, towards the end of the project, there is another huge wave of support.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I still hope it goes through.
    Don't worry. It WILL go through. As of right now, we're about $16,000 short of the goal with a full 2 weeks left. By the time this Kickstarter ends, I wouldn't be surprised to see the amount pledged go past $300,000, just like the Ravens did.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

  11. #86
    Heroic Warrior THE SEEKERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    766
    Skeleton warriors FTW

  12. #87
    Heroic Warrior Kid Canada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    I think it's actually doing better than the Ravens KS did, through the halfway point. Kickstarter projects tend to get lots of support right off the bat, then they level off for a bit. Then, towards the end of the project, there is another huge wave of support.
    I realize how things work, but they have just hit a wall and unless they do something to spur sales I don't see it getting anywhere near Ravens. I think a lot of factors are coming into play not least of which is cost, too many choices, scale change etc. I remember keeping an eye on the BOSS Fight Studios Vitruvian Kickstarter and not only did that thing roll from start to finish, they couldn't keep up with adding stretch goals...of which there were a ton. And for my $500.00 pledge I got a ton of stuff.

    Heck, even the Mega Man kickstarter is kicking Mythic Legions butt right now.

  13. #88
    SAY10 is coming... dedset13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Bedford, MA
    Posts
    5,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    I realize how things work, but they have just hit a wall and unless they do something to spur sales
    They have yet to reveal the Kickstarter exclusive figure. That figure alone will up the pledges significantly. Not to mention that the stretch goal figures haven't been revealed yet either. I'm sure many supporters (like myself) are waiting to see those figures before they put in their final pledges.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    I don't see it getting anywhere near Ravens.
    Once the final figures are revealed and the final pledge push comes in, the pledge amount will easily pass the goal. It will also easily pass $200,000 and I wouldn't be surprised to see it come close to, or surpass what the Ravens Kickstarter did.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

  14. #89
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    8,299
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Once the final figures are revealed and the final pledge push comes in, the pledge amount will easily pass the goal. It will also easily pass $200,000 and I wouldn't be surprised to see it come close to, or surpass what the Ravens Kickstarter did.
    I certainly hope you're right, but how long after the 30 day deadline or we get fully funded do we have to reach 200K? I forget how that played out with the Ravens but I thought there was more time after the deadline if the project was already fully funded. If not dang because I really want Attlus and Urkku more than some of those generic guys like Owain and Galeron (even though I'm all in).

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    I think a lot of factors are coming into play not least of which is cost, too many choices, scale change etc.
    I think you're wrong about that. I don't know if too many choices are hurting anything, but I know I would not be pledging for 4-inch figures and especially not when we know they wouldn't have been much cheaper than the 6-inch figures are. Expensive and not compatible with most of the lines I'm collecting from the 4 Horsemen? No thank you. I don't collect Power Lords for the same reason. I think more people would feel like I do about it too had we gotten an almost equally expensive 4 inch line.
    Last edited by gbagok; February 26, 2015 at 03:58pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

  15. #90
    Heroic Warrior SonOfHeMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,513
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I certainly hope you're right, but how long after the 30 day deadline or we get fully funded do we have to reach 200K? I forget how that played out with the Ravens but I thought there was more time after the deadline if the project was already fully funded. If not dang because I really want Attlus and Urkku more than some of those generic guys like Owain and Galeron (even though I'm all in).


    I think you're wrong about that. I don't know if too many choices are hurting anything, but I know I would not be pledging for 4-inch figures and especially not when we know they wouldn't have been much cheaper than the 6-inch figures are. Expensive and not compatible with most of the lines I'm collecting from the 4 Horsemen? No thank you. I don't collect Power Lords for the same reason. I think more people would feel like I do about it too had we gotten an almost equally expensive 4 inch line.
    I keep adding to my initial pledge, and it's all because of the six inch scale. If the line was four inch, I'd probably be getting a couple at most. I don't understand how you could be all in on the Ravens, and not on this line. The tooling is much more diverse.

  16. #91
    Heroic Warrior Kid Canada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    I keep adding to my initial pledge, and it's all because of the six inch scale. If the line was four inch, I'd probably be getting a couple at most. I don't understand how you could be all in on the Ravens, and not on this line. The tooling is much more diverse.
    See, I think if they stayed at the 4" scale they would have been just as successful, maybe more. I have a hard time believing that the 4" were almost as expensive as the 6". That's the story they are using, so I guess that is people will have to accept.

    The Vitruvian Hacks was an off the rails HUGE success and I would have to imagine that same crowd would have been all over this. I know I would have. I just don't have a huge love for 6" scale and as such don't support many of those lines.

    The difference between Ravens and Mythic Legions is continuity. The ravens line featured all birds and all had a similar theme. The Mythic Legions has Knights, Goblins, Skeletons, Dwarves and Vampires. The guys that love Skeletons may not love anything else, so they do not pledge for anything but a few Skeletons. The Knight crowd same thing. Whereas the bird supporters wanted everything...or as much as they could afford.

  17. #92
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    8,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    See, I think if they stayed at the 4" scale they would have been just as successful, maybe more. I have a hard time believing that the 4" were almost as expensive as the 6". That's the story they are using, so I guess that is people will have to accept.
    That seems like you're assuming bad faith to me, so my apologies if you aren't but I think that's really not the case. I don't think they'd have started off with 4 inches and then changed for any other reason than what they've said. I'm glad the Vitruvian figures worked out for you and were a hit, but that smaller size did not appeal to me at all. I hope they are as good a quality as the Horsemen's products have been since I also honestly didn't think they looked as good and thus not worth my investment. I expect a certain quality from the Horsemen and I am very willing to believe that is part of the cost as well. As for the variety, well, obviously to each their own but overall the variety here appeals to me more than the bird variants did. I would think having more sub groups one could army build actually appeals to a wider customer base--but yes I know there's debate about that. I don't remember how long the slump was for the Ravens, but I know there was a slump meeting their funding goal and it still pushed through near the deadline. I don't see any reason to think this is different. The goal is higher and yet it's still tracking pretty well.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

  18. #93
    Heroic Hyperborean NorthCoast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,917
    New reveals!





    Snake Mountain, FINALLY!!!

  19. #94
    Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    3,359
    I usually don't like the human characters, but Vitus looks awesome! Whoa!

  20. #95
    Heroic Warrior Kid Canada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    That seems like you're assuming bad faith to me, so my apologies if you aren't but I think that's really not the case. I don't think they'd have started off with 4 inches and then changed for any other reason than what they've said. I'm glad the Vitruvian figures worked out for you and were a hit, but that smaller size did not appeal to me at all. I hope they are as good a quality as the Horsemen's products have been since I also honestly didn't think they looked as good and thus not worth my investment. I expect a certain quality from the Horsemen and I am very willing to believe that is part of the cost as well. As for the variety, well, obviously to each their own but overall the variety here appeals to me more than the bird variants did. I would think having more sub groups one could army build actually appeals to a wider customer base--but yes I know there's debate about that. I don't remember how long the slump was for the Ravens, but I know there was a slump meeting their funding goal and it still pushed through near the deadline. I don't see any reason to think this is different. The goal is higher and yet it's still tracking pretty well.
    Bad faith? No, just that there may be other factors at work other than production costs. I do hope it goes through as it is a neat project, just nothing I am interested in. Maybe I am littler bitter because the one line of theirs I did start to collect has pretty much been relegated to the scrap heap (yeah, I'm looking at your Power Lords).

    I'm sure the QC on the Vitruvian figures will be just as good (if not better) than the Ravens. I have read many reports of breakage issues with the Ravens.

  21. #96
    Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    10,611
    Asterionn looks tough!!!
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man


  22. #97
    SAY10 is coming... dedset13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Bedford, MA
    Posts
    5,500
    It has officially reached the goal of $140,000!!

    Now lets get those stretch goals met!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

  23. #98
    Angast's #1 fan Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Windy City South Suburbs
    Posts
    5,561
    It's on like Donkey Kong!!! What a nice surprise to wake up to this morning. I haven't even done all of my added pledges yet and we already met the goal.


    So much for all the 1:18 fan naysayers who've done nothing but talk it down the last few weeks.

    The stretch goals are going to seriously hurt my wallet.

  24. #99
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Claxton, Georgia
    Posts
    146
    I'm definitely backing this project. I want that Gold Knight!

    Really wish the Four Horsemen could get the license for Dragonlance. I think they could do a wonderful job with The Heroes of the Lance.

  25. #100
    Heroic Warrior SonOfHeMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,513
    This line is sooooo in my wheelhouse, very happy to see it go through. I keep adding to my initial pledge, this is going to hurt the ol wallet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •