Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Horsemen's Mythic Legions

Awesome! If this is struggling, the Horsemen do it right!

Wow, a minotaur....I wonder if the desire for a minotaur in MOTUC among fans inspired that at all. I feel like he and Vitus are visitors--enemies?--from the Mediterranean coast among all these northern warriors. Maybe that's roughly the story behind them.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

We've hit $150,000!!

Asterionn the Minotaur and Vitus are NOW UNLOCKED!!

I love this line.

I pledged $550, and if they add orc army builders, I'll pledge another 100.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

Heroic Warrior
    Man, I really don't think I want to go down this money hole...

It's up to $160,000!!

We should be seeing Azhar & Zazhar soon!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    It's up to $160,000!!

We should be seeing Azhar & Zazhar soon!!
    Holy crap in a hat! I'm going to have to sell a kidney.

Put in this morning for Jorund, Carpathias, and Attlus. I might add one more but will see what the two opened up figures look like first. There are about 8 total as it stands right now I would pick up if I could. But without Azhar and Zazhar my fourth will be either Gorgo or Asterion.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Wow!! Azhar and Zazhar look amazing!!

Azhar's color scheme is a little wierd, but the color scheme on Zazhar is phenomenal. I'll be adding them both to my pledge.

Can't wait to see what the exclusive figure turns out to be!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Wow!! Azhar and Zazhar look amazing!!

Ironically, I'm not impressed with them.

Maybe it's the odd color decos...I don't know but I'm just not feeling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Ironically, I'm not impressed with them.

Maybe it's the odd color decos...
    I'm partial to demon characters so they're right up my alley.

The bright yellow is a bit weird on Azhar, but I think the blue and purple goes really well together on Zazhar.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarliehog View Post
    Man, I really don't think I want to go down this money hole...
    Sadly, that's where I am right now. I was actually looking at the Kickstarter this morning, considering, but over 500 bucks for the full set up front is kind of daunting. ot saying they aren't worth it with the book apparently included, but that's basically 2/3 of my tax refund right there in one shot. THey do look really good (and I've no doubt the final product will look just as fantastic, given the Fab Four's track record), but that's big chunk of change to drop all at once. Add in space concerns for the the 6" scale, and I'm still a bit put off. I may regret it later, as it was mentioned in one of the Toy Fair interviews that the next round will likely be female characters, which I would have a hard time passing on. The Horsemen make it really hard to say no.

I'm not at the point of diving in, but I will admit, I am weakening.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Azhar and Zazhar seem kinda out of place to me for this line (maybe if their colors were more subdued it would work better?). On a side note, does anyone else think Skapular looks like Dakkion from the Dungeons and Dragon's cartoon?Dekkion.jpgSkapular.jpg

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Okay, over lunch, I caved a bit. I just went for the skeletons and a few of the monster type characters rather than a whole set (the knights and dwarfs didn't thrill me that much, nice as they look). They'll look good mixed in with the Seventh Kingdom and Gothtropolis figures I've got, and if there is a wave of mythic ladies in the future, I've got some baddies for them to battle. If some of the ones I passed on go up on the Fab four's site, I might re-consider a few, but I think I've got what I really wanted.

Funny, I've only gone in on two Kickstarters, and both were for skeleton warriors (capitalize that for the first one I jumped in on).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

It's a mix of colors and kind of a jump. Everything else is humans, dwarves, orcs, and undead. Demons aren't conceptually an out there idea, but little else just goes with them. I would like to see how they look next to MOTUC figures though, I know they are the same height the problem comes down to bulk.

I will probably pick up the knight with the antlers, name escapes me atm. I have wanted a cool looking knight figure, having almost caved on LaserLot a few times.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Azhar and Zazhar seem kinda out of place to me for this line (maybe if their colors were more subdued it would work better?). On a side note, does anyone else think Skapular looks like Dakkion from the Dungeons and Dragon's cartoon?Dekkion.jpgSkapular.jpg
    I think it's pretty clear that the AD&D figures (and cartoon) were major influences in this line. I'm looking forward to making a Warduke figure out the body of Attlus and the helmet from Gorgo.

Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

I don't know how to feel about Azhar and Zazhar. They look great but aren't as appealing to me as the other mythic legions and feel even more removed from the European flavor of the others (Arabic djinn maybe--and I know some fans were asking for that a lot). I think I'd have preferred more Orcs now in hindsight and I really wish they'd do that Death Dealer mock up too. But still, awesome line.

I totally agree about the AD&D vibe. I wish that they'd do a Kellek and Ringlerune now though.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Okay, over lunch, I caved a bit. I just went for the skeletons and a few of the monster type characters rather than a whole set (the knights and dwarfs didn't thrill me that much, nice as they look). They'll look good mixed in with the Seventh Kingdom and Gothtropolis figures I've got, and if there is a wave of mythic ladies in the future, I've got some baddies for them to battle. If some of the ones I passed on go up on the Fab four's site, I might re-consider a few, but I think I've got what I really wanted.

Funny, I've only gone in on two Kickstarters, and both were for skeleton warriors (capitalize that for the first one I jumped in on).
    Ha! Same here. Skeleton Warriors and at least a skeleton from this line for me. Those are the only two Kickstarters I've done (I pledged for the recent Streetfighter figures but neither attempt came close to meeting its goal)

Sir Valgard and a weapons pack just revealed.

I love Sir Valgard and the new weapons pak. I'm going to have to pick up a few of each.

I'm actually glad I don't like the demons cause I can hardly afford anything more.

I keep adding to the my pledge as more awesome stuff gets revealed!! Sir Valgard looks great, beefing up my "round table" of knights! Grabbing some weapons packs too!

Zazhar is amazing looking. That's how the Unnamed One should have looked, like a real monstrous villain. If he fits in with Motuc, that's where he'll be.
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2019: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man and movie figures

There are almost 30 figures at this point... maybe too much? I am worried only because the Ravens sold out soooo fast. I bought 6 on Kickstarter, I was thinking about getting another once they were released, but never got to it. My worry is, are these guys gonna sell out in 2 days next March? How much inventory will the 4H keep... will there always be army builders available? So I figure, I really have to nail down the guys I would regret not getting. That's 12 figures... ugh... so expensive. Add in 200x mini sub, Point Dread, and possibly SM... I can't swing it all... what to do????
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    There are almost 30 figures at this point... maybe too much? I am worried only because the Ravens sold out soooo fast. I bought 6 on Kickstarter, I was thinking about getting another once they were released, but never got to it. My worry is, are these guys gonna sell out in 2 days next March? How much inventory will the 4H keep... will there always be army builders available? So I figure, I really have to nail down the guys I would regret not getting. That's 12 figures... ugh... so expensive. Add in 200x mini sub, Point Dread, and possibly SM... I can't swing it all... what to do????
    You sound like me.... ugh indeed.
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

Orc Army Builders are up!!

Urzokk has got a new alternate head with war paint!

Curse you 4H for taking all my money!!

Mythic Legions Kickstarter Exclusive Figure Revealed!

Read it here:

http://www.figures.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71982
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

I can't even! Orcs! Trying to just only get one of everything is now about $1K! Dangit.

Does anyone know, if we add anything in the survey, would we be charged the difference separately?