Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Etheria 2014 - Sales Tracking Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvid View Post
    Yeah, even though i LOVE Razz and especially Light Hope... they aren't vintage and makes it more difficult to finish the vintage line.
    Well I might agree with you about Light Hope seeing as he had no distinct form in the series but it's debatable since he was one of the three that knew She-Ra's identity... But Madame Razz, even though she had no 80's figure, is vintage in the sense that she is a figure that is critical to release before 2015 wraps up. She, like Shadow Weaver, Scorpia and Adora - is an A-list character of the vintage era that requires Classics treatment. She does get priority over most other characters with the exception of any unreleased MOTU vintage figures. The only remaining unreleased POP character that trumps her is Queen Angella. I think it is absolutely fitting they got to her. And I think it was smart how they did it in a mini-sub to placate the Razz haters. Hopefully it doesn't come to bite us in the end though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Even without the sub how the hell are:
    Double Trouble
    Razz
    Entraptra
    Peekablue
    Mermista
    Sweet Bee
    Spinerella
    PERFUMA

Too MANY figure to get out in 2.5 years??!!
    This is a great point, it is amazing how few vintage POP characters are actually remaining in the grand scheme. WHEN this sub goes through it will be fantastic that we can finally have all the vintage POP line up. The future is bright for Classics despite all the naysayers.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    Well I might agree with you about Light Hope seeing as he had no distinct form in the series but it's debatable since he was one of the three that knew She-Ra's identity... But Madame Razz, even though she had no 80's figure, is vintage in the sense that she is a figure that is critical to release before 2015 wraps up. She, like Shadow Weaver, Scorpia and Adora - is an A-list character of the vintage era that requires Classics treatment. She does get priority over most other characters with the exception of any unreleased MOTU vintage figures. The only remaining unreleased POP character that trumps her is Queen Angella. I think it is absolutely fitting they got to her. And I think it was smart how they did it in a mini-sub to placate the Razz haters. Hopefully it doesn't come to bite us in the end though.
    I agree she's vintage and absolutely a key character. We really did need her in the Classics line, no doubt. And the POP sub does seem a smart place to put her. But i'm just thinking in terms of the POP sub being used to finish off the vintage line of toys as quickly as possible. Although in many ways Light Hope and Razz were a smart move for the POP sub. If it fails (which i don't think it will) it is counter-productive to the completion of the vintage line to take up 2 spots.

Think about it like this. Double Trouble, Entrapta, Peekablue, Mermista, Sweet Bee, Spinnerella and Perfuma. We'd have room for Razz, Light Hope and Angella in the 2015 sub and that's great for POP fans. But i don't know if a sub with the above ladies would have sold.... hahahaha.

But i love both figures and i am over the moon to be getting them. No hate here!

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    I just want to say in advance that should the POP mini-sub fail and the 2015 main sub won't go through because a lot of POP-only fans or MOTU and POP-fans (like me) didn't sign up for it (because they were promised to get all MOTU and POP figures by the end of 2015 but didn't) it's not the POP fans fault! I can already hear the MOTU-only and 200x fans blame the POP fans for letting the line die in it's last year. If Mattel had seen She-ra's faction as important to the line as the ones from He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak and King Hsss and had spread them out more over the years since the start of the line, this mess could have been avoided. So in the end it will (again) be Mattel's fault the line ends prematurely. Just like with the 200x line (because of the ridiculous amount of variants). Ofcourse I don't hope it will come to that.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    That's exactly the conclusion that logic leads to, after all of these years of passionate demand for more POP I was expecting this sub to be a hit from day 1 (and it is convenient for both fans and opponents of POP). But, as you have called it, it is a "debacle".

I think the sub will go through at the end, but I imagined it was going to be a happy story, not this. Honestly, those theories about supposed complots from Mattel to consistently annoy POP fans seem a bit fragile (Mattel sabotaging themselves? i don't think so), so reality seems to be that there was not so much enthusiasm as expected from fans, non fans, and Mattel itself. Similar to all of these years reading about demand for vehicles and when Windraider was launched... well, you know.
    With every sub, there is a strong initial push, then a lull, then a push at the end (the previously stated 1/3). Four days into the sales of the sub, TG himself said sales were fine and that "things were great". He also previously said that Filmation hit the minimum "so quickly, it never became an issue".

Then, a week later, things are tracking "well below" what Filmation did last year and that the numbers were only at 52%. (That alone I find interesting, as he had those numbers available the next morning after the question had been asked at 9pm the night before. Not saying there is anything shady about how quickly the answer was given. It's just awfully convenient.)

1. How quickly did Filmation hit the minimum last year that there is such a disparity between how it tracked and PoP's tracking/falloff?

2. Blaming this on less enthusiasm for PoP isn't telling the whole story. Subs in general have fallen off precipitously (in terms of % needed, as we don't know what the actual production numbers are) over the last few years. You can't just put this on "people don't like She-Ra as much" without speculating that this sub easily could have been doing better numbers if it had been released at a period of greater strength of the line overall.

3. Considering the sub was at 52% on day 11 of a 22-day sub sign-up window (coupled with the well-established surge at the end as identified in previous years' thermometer graphing), I don't know how you don't interpret this as the "scare tactic" that people have been insisting that he doesn't employ. The Chicken Little routine is getting a little tiresome.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

I still don't understand how it's OK to bail after 2015 when the vintage MOTU characters are all done but it's not OK to bail after 2014 cause people are upset that vintage POP won't be completed by the end of 2015. It's a double standard. Vintage fans want POP's support to continue the line into 2015 yet many won't help POP finish their collections. Double standard.

In the end, it's Mattel's fault for even needing this mini-sub. If Mattel had released the POP in greater amounts over the years, we wouldn't have needed a mini-sub. The "road map" for the line was flawed from the start.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    With every sub, there is a strong initial push, then a lull, then a push at the end (the previously stated 1/3). Four days into the sales of the sub, TG himself said sales were fine and that "things were great". He also previously said that Filmation hit the minimum "so quickly, it never became an issue".

Then, a week later, things are tracking "well below" what Filmation did last year and that the numbers were only at 52%. (That alone I find interesting, as he had those numbers available the next morning after the question had been asked at 9pm the night before. Not saying there is anything shady about how quickly the answer was given. It's just awfully convenient.)

1. How quickly did Filmation hit the minimum last year that there is such a disparity between how it tracked and PoP's tracking/falloff?

2. Blaming this on less enthusiasm for PoP isn't telling the whole story. Subs in general have fallen off precipitously (in terms of % needed, as we don't know what the actual production numbers are) over the last few years. You can't just put this on "people don't like She-Ra as much" without speculating that this sub easily could have been doing better numbers if it had been released at a period of greater strength of the line overall.

3. Considering the sub was at 52% on day 11 of a 22-day sub sign-up window (coupled with the well-established surge at the end as identified in previous years' thermometer graphing), I don't know how you don't interpret this as the "scare tactic" that people have been insisting that he doesn't employ. The Chicken Little routine is getting a little tiresome.
    Now that you mention it, I agree that all of the subs (specially Club Eternia) have been decaying when it comes to hit the minimum, but since POP fans have been so eager to complete the vintage line in MOTUC (so far what I consistently read in every forum I visit is that POP, or Great Rebellion to be more precise, is under-represented in MOTUC) I was expecting a massive positive reaction to this Club Etheria sub, I mean, I was not expecting Mattel would announce it is not selling as previous add-on subs. Without assuming anyone is lying, that immediately bring comparisons and conclusions to the table.

As I said before, I really think the sub will go through (you provided factual numbers that indicate so: 52% from goal just in the middle of the period to buy it... yes, that trend should indicate that the goal is gonna be reached). But what I'm giving my opinion about is just a matter of expectaions (my expectations, of course, not trying to say my opinion represents what is actually going on): I was expecting a rush, like those old 1-day "goal-achieved" events, I thought the "hunger" from POP was going to have that behavior, despite that we are in a different scenario now (higher prices, the line in apparent decay, people tired of DR, QC issues, less paintjob, etc.).

Indicators that led me to think I was going to see a higher rate of subs being sold are:
    1) Fans keep asking for this POP figures as much as years ago, so there is no dacaying demand.
    2) POP fans keep expressing their loyalty to the line saying something like this: "I've been buying things I don't care for (N/A, 200X, concept, prototype, SOH, etc.) to support the line so that I can FINALLY complete vintage POP, and I'll keep doing it if POP figures are in the roadmap".

By the way, I also subbed this year because of support to the line, accepting figures I don't care for in the hopes to get some day what I really want (GIVE ME SAGITAAAAAARRRRR!!!! ).

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I still don't understand how it's OK to bail after 2015 when the vintage MOTU characters are all done but it's not OK to bail after 2014 cause people are upset that vintage POP won't be completed by the end of 2015. It's a double standard. Vintage fans want POP's support to continue the line into 2015 yet many won't help POP finish their collections. Double standard.

In the end, it's Mattel's fault for even needing this mini-sub. If Mattel had released the POP in greater amounts over the years, we wouldn't have needed a mini-sub. The "road map" for the line was flawed from the start.
    The road map for the two year wrap-up (2014-15) was flawed from the start as well. They could have managed to finish vintage MOTU and POP in the two years without an add-on sub if they hadn't put in all the padding like UNO, Goat Man, Battle Lion etc...
    I like these figures but without them the vintage wrap-up would never have been an issue.

But you are right that there have been too few POP figures since the beginning of the line.
    Last edited by Grayskull's Heir; March 2, 2014 at 12:47pm.
    Awesome sticker included!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    The inconsistent statements from Toyguru are very baffling to me too. He cited Club Filmation sold poorly, but they still went through with it. Now he's talking like it sold great and hit this never before mentioned minimum within a few days? Which is it?

This is like when he kept saying how amazing the MOTUC figures were selling out when they took a few weeks to sell out and then later on Mattel were deeming 5 day sell outs failures. He needs to stop with this stuff.

One thing to keep in mind is that Club Eternia 2014 (this years sub) was almost not going to make it, so a LOT of people went out of their way to promote it and some bought more than they can afford...because...as was mentioned, we were told many times via Scott Neitlich web posts, podcasts, videos, conventions, etc. that people just needed to buy a Club Eternia 2014 and Club Eternia 2015 subscription and that would finish off:

- All vintage MOTU characters released as figures in the 80's
    - All vintage PoP characters released as figures in the 80's
    - Key New Adventures characters (not all of them, just a few key ones)
    - Key Filmation characters

So, I wonder how many more Club Etheria subs people would have bought if they had not spent all this money on extra Club Eternia 2014 subs? I do appreciate getting as many figures as possible before future price hikes, but people are really tapped out for spending cash.

Scott also needs to stop promising the world, people spending a LOT of money based on what he says, and then changing the terms AFTER getting said customers' money.

All this stuff sucks, but I think it's nothing to get too worked up about unless Club Etheria does not go through. If it doesn't go through, then teeth shall be bared.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    All this stuff sucks, but I think it's nothing to get too worked up about unless Club Etheria does not go through. If it doesn't go through, then teeth shall be bared.
    To be honest, this is what I think too. There's really no reason to get upset about it not going through before we see what happens with the sub. Although I can understand the general annoyance and confusion about the comments, I think it's best to just focus on the sub at this point instead of worrying about nightmare scenarios of what could be if the sub doesn't go through.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    To be honest, this is what I think too. There's really no reason to get upset about it not going through before we see what happens with the sub. Although I can understand the general annoyance and confusion about the comments, I think it's best to just focus on the sub at this point instead of worrying about nightmare scenarios of what could be if the sub doesn't go through.
    Thanks. A couple days ago someone mentioned that everyone's spending all this time being scared and angry about Scott's comments (which I understand), when the last couple years so many people spent their time promoting the sub, making sure it would happen...but no one's doing that for Club Etheria. It took me aback, because it was true. I think that's the best thing we can really do right now. Promote the hell out of this sub.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    The road map for the two year wrap-up (2014-15) was flawed from the start as well. They could have managed to finish vintage MOTU and POP in the two years without an add-on sub if they hadn't put in all the padding like UNO, Goat Man, Battle Lion etc...
    I like these figures but without them the vintage wrap-up would never have been an issue.

But you are right that there have been too few POP figures since the beginning of the line.
    There are more missing figures than just Vintage and POP, which is why the roadmap needed the sub. King Grayskull was the first Classics figure out and he was missing his steed, he's still missing his wife. There is also Evilseed, Lizard Man, Eldor, Oo-Larr, etc.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

So what is the count at right now?
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Heroic Warrior
    Friday morning (8:30-ish or so, depending on the Time Zone) Scott said Club Etheria was only at 52%. Over here on the .org the ongoing tally around that time was about 495. Given the tie-in between the two sites, are we to believe the total number of Club Etheria sales needs to reach around 1000? I realize I've been told by a few .orgers that sub-tally posters on this site only represent 10% of all that are sold, but I just...don't...believe that. I'm just trying to get a feel as to where Mattel's magic goalpost number is for this sub. (Unless Mattel is moving the goalpost the closer we get).

Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    I was expecting a rush, like those old 1-day "goal-achieved" events
    There was exactly a 0.0% chance that we would have seen a "goal achieved" message on day 1 even if the requirement had been met. There is just no way that Neitlich would sacrifice those frenzied "we're almost there" panic subs at the last minute, not to mention however many others would have been purchased throughout. It's absolutely deceptive, but it makes perfect sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Friday morning (8:30-ish) Scott said Club Etheria was only at 52%. Over here on the .org the ongoing tally around that time was about 495. Given the tie-in between the two sites, are we to believe the total number of Club Etheria sales needs to reach around 1000? I realize I've been told by a few .orgers that sub-tally posters on this site only represent 10% of all that are sold, but I just...don't...believe that. I'm just trying to get a feel as to where Mattel's magic goalpost number is for this sub. (Unless Mattel is moving the goalpost the closer we get).
    Don't be fooled-He-Man.org may be a decent chunk of the people purchasing MOTUC, but don't think it's even remotely that much of the pie.

Heroic Warrior
    5000 seems to be the minimum possible number that Mattel would go with, based on info gathered on various items using the now defunct method of checking stock on Matty.

In most cases, it's probably more--but there's no chance it's only 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    There are more missing figures than just Vintage and POP, which is why the roadmap needed the sub. King Grayskull was the first Classics figure out and he was missing his steed, he's still missing his wife. There is also Evilseed, Lizard Man, Eldor, Oo-Larr, etc.
    This does not alter the fact that without these characters you mentioned there would have been enough slots in the two year wrap-up to finish vintage MOTU and POP.

I don't want to discuss whether these characters are needed or not. But I'm convinced the Road Map could have been done differently and make more people happy.
    I'm not even a "real" POP fan but I'd rather have Mermista when this line is finished than any new or obscure characters (and yes Battle Lion and Veena are obscure with a maybe 3 minutes on screen time. And don't get me started on the UNO...) or pointless variants (a He-Man with no armor and accessories...)
    Awesome sticker included!

Quote Originally Posted by Quimby the Mouse View Post
    5000 seems to be the minimum possible number that Mattel would go with, based on info gathered on various items using the now defunct method of checking stock on Matty.

In most cases, it's probably more--but there's no chance it's only 1000.
    I agree. 5000 would be the bare minimum Mattel would produce of an item for production to be worth bothering with. The magic number is between 5,000 and 10,000 units.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujzXjZDZJ5E

New video from Matty... did he just say 6 figures? Or does he mean 6 + light hope? He says the sub is doing well.

I'm not even a "real" POP fan but I'd rather have Mermista when this line is finished than any new or obscure characters (and yes Battle Lion and Veena are obscure with a maybe 3 minutes on screen time. And don't get me started on the UNO...) or pointless variants (a He-Man with no armor and accessories...)
    Totally agree. I still don't understand why something as obscure as Battle Lion is wasting a slot that could have gone to someone like Dragstor, Gwildor, Mermista etc... that requires an higher price. I'd sooner pay $38 for a standard figure requiring extra parts. That's what I expected when we were promised they were maximizing all slots to complete the vintage lines.

I just hope I can sell mine at cost is all I ask! Oddly the pre-order at BBTS has sold out for Battle Lion? Weird.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

This does not alter the fact that without these characters you mentioned there would have been enough slots in the two year wrap-up to finish vintage MOTU and POP.

I don't want to discuss whether these characters are needed or not. But I'm convinced the Road Map could have been done differently and make more people happy.
    That's all well and good for you. While I want Mermista, I'd want Veena and Battle Lion moreso (I would get one so I can make a 200X Battle Cat). See how our desires are relative?

The lineup should have included more POP from the start, instead of pitting era against era now.

He said 6 plus Light Hope.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Totally agree. I still don't understand why something as obscure as Battle Lion is wasting a slot that could have gone to someone like Dragstor, Gwildor, Mermista etc... that requires an higher price. I'd sooner pay $38 for a standard figure requiring extra parts. That's what I expected when we were promised they were maximizing all slots to complete the vintage lines.

I just hope I can sell mine at cost is all I ask! Oddly the pre-order at BBTS has sold out for Battle Lion? Weird.
    Not weird. 200X/MYP fans are out there you know. Just like POP fans got their sub in 2014, 200X fans might get their head pack in 2015.

People wanted King Grayskull's steed and some fans would buy two Battle Lions so that they can make a 200X Battle Cat from his armor (just like people brought another King Grayskull 2.0 to make a 200X He-Man).

He said it came out of the box fast and slowed, but is doing well. He stressed the need to do the sub to get all the PoP finished, but said he was confident that the fans would make it happen.

Credit where credit is due, I don't get a "get panicked" vibe from that.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Not weird. 200X/MYP fans are out there you know. Just like POP fans got their sub in 2014, 200X fans might get their head pack in 2015.

People wanted King Grayskull's steed and some fans would buy two Battle Lions so that they can make a 200X Battle Cat from his armor (just like people brought another King Grayskull 2.0 to make a 200X He-Man).
    Well I hope these fans turn up when I'm selling mine. So long as I can sell them on for cost price, but I very much doubt I will I do have a potential fellow UK fan offering to buy one of them so hoping he still wants it

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Well I hope these fans turn up when I'm selling mine. So long as I can sell them on for cost price, but I very much doubt I will I do have a potential fellow UK fan offering to buy one of them so hoping he still wants it
    The video TG just shot above promotes the customization option!

King Grayskull still looks to balance like crap on the saddle though. Guess we don't have a loincloth slit.