Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RESULTS for Fan Poll 6 of 7: Would you like a continuation of the 5" vintage line?

RESULTS for Fan Poll 6 of 7: Would you like a continuation of the 5" vintage line?

Here are the results for the second poll. 1398 people voted. Thank you to everyone who participated! And please click here to vote in the 7th poll.

If Masters of the Universe Classics were to end, would you like to see a continuation of the vintage 80s MOTU line in the vintage scale and articulation?
    Vintage reissued and commemorative lines are fairly popular right now. If Classics ever came to an end, and due to the ever increasing cost of collectibles that makes increased size, articulation and paint more expensive, would you be interested in a continuation of the vintage MOTU line in the same 5" scale, color application and articulation, all packaged on the same vintage style blister card with mini-comics? This could include vintage versions of Classics characters we never had, new characters and/or the reissue of various vintage figures.

Yes, I'm interested in this: 49%
    No, I am not interested in this: 31%
    I'd have to learn more before I can say for certain: 18%
    I am indifferent to vintage styled collectibles: 2%

---------------------------------------------

Thanks to the ever amazing Adam Ty-Nor, we have our 2013 year-end polls ready for your input!

This is poll #6 of 7. Each poll will run a week and is open to the public. You do not need to be registered to He-Man.Org to vote. This poll ends Sunday, March 2nd at 8:00pm PST / 11:00pm (23:00) EST.

This fan poll asks:
    If Masters of the Universe Classics were to end, would you like to see a continuation of the vintage 80s MOTU line in the vintage scale and articulation?
    Vintage reissued and commemorative lines are fairly popular right now. If Classics ever came to an end, and due to the ever increasing cost of collectibles that makes increased size, articulation and paint more expensive, would you be interested in a continuation of the vintage MOTU line in the same 5" scale, color application and articulation, all packaged on the same vintage style blister card with mini-comics? This could include vintage versions of Classics characters we never had, new characters and/or the reissue of various vintage figures.

Please click here to vote. Please share this poll with any He-Man and She-Ra fan you know in case they want to vote and share their feedback. And please feel free to speculate on the results and, if you want, reveal your choices here in this thread. Thanks!

Yes, of course I would be interested. I am not named MOTU Maniac for nothing. lol.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

The "I am indifferent" option is a weird one. I won't stand in the way of anyone from buying these, but I'm not going to buy them. I chose the "No" option because I can't see any scenario where I will buy one, whereas being ambivalent to them may imply that I may pick up a particularly interesting specimen.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I sure would!

My main wants:

Eldor, He-Ro, Queen Marlena and a "re-issue" of the extremely hard to get Laser Light He-Man and Laser Power Skeletor and some of the weird variants that were available around the world (Kobra Kahn with Buzz-Off hands, black ink Mosquitor with blue gun, etc).

IF Mattel would do this for PoP (same style as vintage PoP line), it would be AMAZING to get:

Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, Octavia, Adora, Sea Hawk, The Star Sisters (as their 80's prototypes in the US magazine looked), Bubble Girl, Josh and a re-issue of the extremely hard to get wave 3 figures (Shower Power Catra, Bubble Power She-Ra, Netossa, Loo-Kee and Spinnerella).
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

No I won't!

I wouldn't buy any but I am not opposed to the idea for other fans. I think this is what the indifferent one should have been.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Nah, I'm not interested in this idea.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I voted yes! There are many characters missing from the vintage line
    Awesome sticker included!

Only if it's for new characters. I wouldn't be interested in reissues.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

I said no. I don't have a vintage collection, and to be honest... it's going to take a LOT to make me buy more He-man toys after MOTUC. Maybe movie designs? But as far as the classic characters, MOTUC is the pinnacle for me.

Part of what makes Classics special to me is the added articulation and the Horsemen sculpts. I have zero interest in re-purchasing my Vintage toys with an upgraded cost... of course. There would need to be something special done with the concept in order to justify this idea, but on its face I do not support a degradation of all I've come to know as special about this line in order to fit the Vintage look, paint, articulation, etc. That would seem like a huge regressive step backwards.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I voted Yes. I'd be interested in some reissues and new characters.
    Reissues of the main filmation characters and the very hard to get figures (Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Netossa, Spinnerella, Loo-Kee, Rotar, & Twistoid).
    I'd love a vintage looking Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, Fang Man, Lizard Man, Eldor, He-Ro, etc.

I would be interested in this line if new characters or Filmation characters were released.

For example, I would love a vintage Queen Marlena or Shadow Weaver to go next to my vintage MOTU figures.

However, I would not be interested in buying a re-issued Prince Adam or Two Bad. I already have these vintage figures!
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

no thanks... Articulation is king for me, so this would be a easy pass
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

As cool as it would be to see vintage style figures of characters not previously seen in that style, I have no personal interest in building a collection of them.
    Classics figures line my shelves and vintage figures barely stand up straight anyway. The price would undoubtedly be too high for what they are.
    After the Classics line we'll have nowhere to put them! We're used to the finer things in life. Give us more Classics, Snake Mountain, a live action movie,
    a Classics or vintage-style animated movie, more Classic figures depicting characters from those movies, and a Filmation-perfect full-sized playsword to display on our walls.
    Still want more money from us? DC figures made in the Classics figure style. Vehicles and beasts, reissued Classics and exclusives like a He-Man and BattleCat 2-pack.
    Better artists and writers on the DC comics series. More mini comics (with the same artists and writers) in the Classics line. Put MOTUC ads in the DC comics!!!
    Last edited by AdultCollector; February 25, 2014 at 02:12pm.

No!
    Not interested in doing the vintage line again I think Classics is 100% better
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Heroic Warrior
    I fight the urge every time my LCS gets in near-mint vintage figures. I'd have to fight "new" ones too...until 200X Zodak came out. That's probably when they'd have me.

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    Not really. I like the longer legs and more detail and articulation we see on the classics. I would rather see 3 3/4 line than a continuation of the vintage. That said, if they do it and people like it, cool. I'm not going to fly into an online rage and call for Scott's head if they do.
    Satma needs to happen. I will mow your lawn for life, Scott.

Heroic Classics Warrior Gerrit127's Avatar
    I think that would be super awesome!! Especially if we can get He-Ro and King Grayskull for the vintage line at the least!! Please mattel even if you just do these two as sdcc exclusives!

Nope. Don't want.
    Visit me and be my friend...I like friends...LOL

http://www.facebook.com/MisterDeeJay2KX

Not interested at all. Classics is already a big enough throwback to the look of the original figures without having to go even further back and make them look the same.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    OMG Yes! Bring it all on!
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Yes!!!!!!!
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List: FILMATION MER-MAN, Vultak, Peekablue, Laser-Light Skeletor, Hunga.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I sure would!

My main wants:

Eldor, He-Ro, Queen Marlena and a "re-issue" of the extremely hard to get Laser Light He-Man and Laser Power Skeletor and some of the weird variants that were available around the world (Kobra Kahn with Buzz-Off hands, black ink Mosquitor with blue gun, etc).

IF Mattel would do this for PoP (same style as vintage PoP line), it would be AMAZING to get:

Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, Octavia, Adora, Sea Hawk, The Star Sisters (as their 80's prototypes in the US magazine looked), Bubble Girl, Josh and a re-issue of the extremely hard to get wave 3 figures (Shower Power Catra, Bubble Power She-Ra, Netossa, Loo-Kee and Spinnerella).
    This is along the lines of characters I would like to see. If the plan was to go back and just do He-Man, Skeletor, Teela etc. AGAIN then forget it.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

This would have to be a pass for me.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!