View Poll Results: What Faction or Group Do You Most Closely Identify With?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. MOTU TOY PURIST

3 2.61%
  • 2. ORIGINAL MINI-COMICS PURIST

5 4.35%
  • 3. MOTU TOYS + MINI-COMICS

24 20.87%
  • 4. MOTU FILMATION PURIST

1 0.87%
  • 5. MOTU TOYS + FILMATION

9 7.83%
  • 6. POP FILMATION PURIST

2 1.74%
  • 7. MOTU FLMATION + POP FILMATION

8 6.96%
  • 8. MOTU TOYS + POP FILMATION

3 2.61%
  • 9. MOTU TOYS + MOTU FILMATION + POP FILMATION

26 22.61%
  • 10. POP TOY PURIST

1 0.87%
  • 11. POP TOYS + POP FILMATION

13 11.30%
  • 12. NEW ADVENTURES PURIST

2 1.74%
  • 13. NEW ADVENTURES + MOTU FILMATION

1 0.87%
  • 14. 200X PURIST

1 0.87%
  • 15. 200X + MOTU TOYS

4 3.48%
  • 16. 200X + MOTU FILMATION

1 0.87%
  • 17. 200X + MOTU TOYS + MOTU FILMATION

11 9.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Faction Do You Most Closely Identify With?

What Faction Do You Most Closely Identify With?

Since we're at the mid-point in this poll which closes on April 27th, I'd like to give those who have not voted and/or commented some incentive to do so!

I have 8 mini-pins to give away. See image below.

The first 8 people to BOTH vote and comment on the poll sharing their thoughts will receive a pin. It will be on a first-vote-and-comment, first-choice basis as I only have one of each pin style. I will contact you with details.

MOTUC is a combination of elements and stories that have very different qualities and origins. This explains why we can seem so divided at times. For example, there are direct connections between the original toys, MOTU Filmation, and 200X but there is no direct connection between the New Adventures and POP toy lines. I've created the following Venn diagram to illustrate how each of these elements relates to each other. I've also written brief explanations to help in understanding the differences.

I'm not asking where you started. I'm asking as of right now, which of these factions do you most identify with?

Note:
    • I purposely did not make an "I LIKE IT ALL" option as it's an easy out.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    200x with mini comics & Filmation filling in.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

MOTU TOYS + MINI-COMICS, although I'm very fond of Filmation as well

Cool idea, neat graphic, by the way
    Last edited by Lich Leech; February 26, 2014 at 11:08pm.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

While I truly love it all, I chose MotU Toys/Filmation MotU/Filmation PoP.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Cool idea, neat graphic, by the way
    Thanks! I created it for an article I'm writing and I'm using these results in the article so please share the link if you can.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-Identify-With

By design, I can kind of guess the results but I'm really curious to see the results. Thanks for voting!

I chose 11 (POP Filmation and toy) because while I prefer that MOTUC follow Filmation style as close as possible I realize character design for animation is over simplified to make characters easier to animate. So while I'd like the look to follow Filmation as close as possible, I welcome all the addition of fine details and embellishments that might only have been present on the toys and style guides.

200x and Filmation (MOTU & PoP)
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Heroic Warrior
    I had to go with 'mini-comics purist,' but I love all the Classics lines and characters- 4H have sold me!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

I wish there had been an option like this:

MOTU TOYS + MOTU FILMATION + POP TOYS + POP FILMATION
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

mostly 17 but I also like PoP to a degree and the mini comics pre-filmation era.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

This or MOTU TOYS + POP TOYS.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I identify most with MOTU toys and Mini-Comics but I do dabble in other sections as long as I like the way they look or are villains or both.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; March 17, 2014 at 01:45pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Thanks to everyone for participating. I'm glad to hear this is a tough choice...it should be!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    This or MOTU TOYS + POP TOYS.
    There are definitely elements of all of these factions that I appreciate so I completely understand that you may enjoy such disparate factions. While we may combine them ourselves, MOTU TOYS and POP TOYS are not directly connected. They were two separate toy lines. However, POP FILMATION does bridge the gap between the two. Yes, it is a different animal altogether, but it did include multiple characters that were part of both toy lines.

Heroic Warrior
    Some random thoughts:

I find most polls silly, but this one I find extremely interesting.

The Venn diagram is awesome. I was starting to wonder if you had too much time on your hands/lived in your parents' basement--but the fact that you created it as part of an article that you're writing immediately restores your street cred.

I went with 3. The first two waves, and the mini-comics that came with them, are where I started and I've never left. I have, however, incorporated elements of everything else into my take on the mythos. The tone of the first mini-comics is what is essential--and the lack of the Adam/Orko silliness.

And I kind of like the furry underpants.

I am a proud number 9

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Number 3 for me.
    As a kid I used to read those original mini-comics until they fell apart and had to be taped back together, then reenact those stories with the toys.
    The original mini-comics era will always hold a special place in my heart because of it.

motu toys motu & pop filmation.

This is where my heart is. 200x was awesome. The old minicomics were awesome but just too few and divergent enough from the 'toon basically (after like the first couple)

Old He-Man toys & both the toons. That's my heart for motu.

THough I dare say MOTUC has taken my soul.

Mostly 15. Original toy and 200x. I don't reject other bits but that's what I love most.

I'll take a side order of 2 though.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Mine is unlisted...

It's 200X and Mini-comics.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    NA purist, but actually that would be NA toys + vintage MOTU toys

Well...I guess the one I "most closely identify" with is the MotU toys/mini comics, but I'm far from anything called a "purist." Nothin' has to be pure with me. I just like the ideas with the old toys and the mini comics the best. Otherwise, I'm all for the MotUC line bringing in all the stuff it has so far. I'm open to anything.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Because I grew up with the MYP series, I would call myself a 200X Purist. Though there are some elements from the original cartoon that I take into account.
    WARNING: FANGIRL AHEAD

Widget
    POP toys + Filmation. Best of both worlds

17. For me, I love all my old toys, and the vintage filmation cheesiness, I'm all about the nostalgia with those choices. But MYP in 200X gave me a more coherent mythos, in a slightly more mature style and the character designs and sculpts of those toys were truly epic and I remember seeing the 200x Skeketor figure on the shelf and thinking Wow! He is much more evil than I remember. Then I became a fan all over again and ended up here somehow. Spending my time trying not to argue about this thing I love with other people with similar yet somehow different liked versions.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Unfortunately, I decided to simply withhold a vote. I appreciate the lengths you went to in explaining your rationale for creating specific categories, but the bottom line is that there are some of us who truly do ascribe to the all-in mentality. For me, and I would imagine others, it's incredibly easy to reconcile the MOTU and POP toylines with the Filmation, NA, and 200X series, as well as the minicomics. Denying that such fans exist on the grounds that "it's an easy out"--which, believe me, trying to reconcile all those different looks and approaches in establishing a personal canon takes an inordinate amount of creativity and is anything but "easy"--isn't reflective of reality.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook