Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Decision To Be Made Next Month Regarding Director?

Just thought I'd post these here. Devon Franklin's latest tweets sent today. When asked what the hold-up is he answered with this:

if we rush you all will destroy the movie so we're taking our time to get it right. B/c of we don't there won't be a nxt time.
    Good answer, methinks. He realises all too well how critical fans can be about adaptations. And his last statement is completely true, and something that I haven't thought of until now. Basically, if this MOTU movie flops and is rubbish and panned, that's it. At least for the next twenty or thirty years. This is it for the (incredibly far flung) foreseeable future.

And when asked about a possible release year he answered with this:
    yep 2016 is our target
    So, if all goes according to plan we're looking at 2016. Funny thing is 2016 is already incredibly overstocked. It’s getting harder and harder for studios to find room for new films to breathe. Quite ridiculous, actually.

I think they're waiting for a important director currently unavailable, for that reason they take their time, they are not going to settle for a second-level director.

As for 2016 the chances are April, August, November / December I think.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    ..ya, sure, Hollywood is trying to get it right.

Story: Adam(a black male model), who works for a large crime organization, goes to the Sorceress(with the voice of Liam Neeson), and gets a sword that turns him into He-Man(played by Leonardo DiCaprio), so he can pay off the mob, but a nuke hits the GreySkull castle just as he leaves, and he vows to a small Mexican boy that he will get those that did this, and later finds out that Skeletor(played by Owen Wilson after a recent nose job), has a secret plan to take over Eternia(which is near earth), with a climate change agenda.

Now it didn't take much time to think that up, so don't tell me its taking them time to get it right.
    It may take time to get people to help them make that movie.
    Although they can make a video of a camera pointed at a toilet bowl with Roger Rabbit sitting on it, and all they need to do to make millions upon millions of dollars is call it 'Masters of the Universe'.
    Hey, Michael Bay could direct..?

Well the Lego movie guys turned down ghostbusters 3. So maybe they are back in the running again.
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Thanks for echoing Devon's tweet. Good news indeed.
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by fisto power View Post
    Well the Lego movie guys turned down ghostbusters 3. So maybe they are back in the running again.
    Ghostbusters 3 won't happen. Ramis is dead and Murry won't/wouldn't do it.

After seeing an early synopsis and cast of the sure to be ABOMINATION that is the Jem & the Holograms live action movie, I think the He-man movie may have dodged a bullet by John Chu pulling out.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    People from Hollywood should be on here apologizing for their crappy movies, but they don't care.

Remember Highlander 3's marketing slogan "We promise this time it wont suck."
    ..(and mind you Highlander 2 was not that bad)

Either way those days are behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by fisto power View Post
    I imagine they're probably onto something else or chasing something else by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.