Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RESULTS for Fan Poll 7 of 7: Should MOTU/POP to continue as He-Ro: Son of He-Man?

RESULTS for Fan Poll 7 of 7: Should MOTU/POP to continue as He-Ro: Son of He-Man?

Here are the results for the second poll. 1246 people voted. Thank you to everyone who participated! and please vote in Poll 1, Poll 2, Poll 3, and Poll 4 of Round 1, Week 1 of the 2016 MOTUC Character Playoffs!.

If Masters of the Universe Classics were to end, would you be interested in a line aimed at children that told the "next chapter" in the MOTU and POP story in the form of He-Ro: Son of He-Man?
    Around the time of the vintage New Adventures of He-Man toyline and cartoon, there was a concept to continue the story with He-Ro: Son of He-Man. In this story, King Adam and Queen Teela adopted a son Dare who went on to harness the power of Grayskull and continue the fight against evil. It had new and old characters alike with an updated look and feel. Would you be interested in this type of toy and cartoon aimed at today's children?

Yes, I'm interested in this: 48%
    No, I am not interested in this: 24%
    I'd have to learn more before I can say for certain: 23%
    I am indifferent to the Son of He-Man story concept: 5%

---------------------------------------------

Thanks to the ever amazing Adam Ty-Nor, we have our 2013 year-end polls ready for your input!

This is poll #7 of 7. Each poll will run a week and is open to the public. You do not need to be registered to He-Man.Org to vote. This poll ends Sunday, March 9th at 8:00pm PST / 11:00pm (23:00) EST.

This fan poll asks:
    If Masters of the Universe Classics were to end, would you be interested in a line aimed at children that told the "next chapter" in the MOTU and POP story in the form of He-Ro: Son of He-Man?
    Around the time of the vintage New Adventures of He-Man toyline and cartoon, there was a concept to continue the story with He-Ro: Son of He-Man. In this story, King Adam and Queen Teela adopted a son Dare who went on to harness the power of Grayskull and continue the fight against evil. It had new and old characters alike with an updated look and feel. Would you be interested in this type of toy and cartoon aimed at today's children?

Please click here to vote. Please share this poll with any He-Man and She-Ra fan you know in case they want to vote and share their feedback. And please feel free to speculate on the results and, if you want, reveal your choices here in this thread. Thanks!

YES! I would absolutely be interested AFTER we get the most out of this line first.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

I voted "No, not interested".

I would like the SoH era to be included in the Classics line. However, as far as a new thing for children, I think they should be introduced to the He-Man/Skeletor saga first and foremost.

Keep the SoH era aimed at adults who can appreciate the history that led to SoH. That's my opinion.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I was confused by the bit about "aimed at children". Does this imply that the resultant action figures would be basic 5 articulation or would these be in the same style of figure as MOTUC? Although I am not opposed to the continuation of the sub concept using the He-Ro: Son of He-man storyline, I would be opposed to any figure line that scales back the articulation and quality.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    YES! I would absolutely be interested AFTER we get the most out of this line first.
    Seconded. And I do think they mean mass retail launch with accompanying cartoons. This would mean the figures do not have MOTUC-levels of articulation and sculpting but they could still be very nice in their own right.

Would be interesting to see which of our childhood faves survived to hang around with all the new characters.
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma
    Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

I said yes - BUT I feel there should be another option on the poll chart that states:

● Yes I would be interested in this, but I would prefer it be executed in the ongoing Classics line (rather than as another line aimed at children).

Heroic Warrior
    You know, the DC Total Heroes is pretty much using the MOTU/MOTUC approach of shared bucks with minimal new sculpting, and it looks pretty cool. A cross between animated and classic look... I could totally see something like this working for the next retail MOTU offering. I think SOH would be a natural. It could allow us to integrate the younger, "slimmer" new characters in with the current "beefy" MOTUC figures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    I said yes - BUT I feel there should be another option on the poll chart that states:

● Yes I would be interested in this, but I would prefer it be executed in the ongoing Classics line (rather than as another line aimed at children).
    I do like this idea better. But if a "combo" line was the only way, then I'd be up for it.

The poll is confusing. I do not understand what is meant by the bit that says "aimed at children". Are we talking about a different scale/style/sculpt than Classics? Or are we talking about a retail line that uses the Classics buck? It's impossible for me to answer this without this information. If it is in scale and compatible with Classics my answer is yes. If not I'm not interested.
    No offense to anyone but this is just as confusing as the poll that had playsets, vehicles and beasts in one poll. I just don't think you can get informative and useful Data out of these...
    Awesome sticker included!

As the polls says, this would be something after (and if) Classics ends. Have fun with the polls, folks. Try not to overthink them.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I voted "No".

If anything, reintroduce THESE characters (He-Man, Teela, Skeletor, etc.) to children.

If He-Man himself has trouble getting over, I don't know what introducing his son and the next generation would do. That's like writing the next chapter of a story that people aren't interested in to begin with.

Eliminate the major problems that 200X had (i.e., don't put it on Cartoon Network, bad case ratios, terrible distribution, reliance on variants) and try retail again. Don't give up on the property. Hasbro will KEEP trying with a property until they get it right. It's high time Masters did the same with He-Man.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    I voted no. Apart from Queen Teela i' m not interested having another He-Man and Skeletor clone, fighting against the Floatting One. Besides the whole SOH concept is making the Twins of Power to lose their importance and peculiarity. I would like to see the MOTU story to continue but at least in a more distant future, in the same way that Preeternia represent the distant past to the current timeline. But before that, they are many other figures that have the priority, and honestly i would prefer the POG instead of SOH.

I said yes, but missed the part it was more a retail type line. That's still fine for me.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I voted "No".

If anything, reintroduce THESE characters (He-Man, Teela, Skeletor, etc.) to children.
    Exactly! I have ZERO interest in SOH. I think the concept, characters, names, styling, etc are all terrible.

No. I hope Teela goes on the pill or lightning causes sterility. Clearance racks & cancelations...

Aimed at kids or adults? Nah, aim this crap for the trash can.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Whole original concept was badly executed. While it seems everything He-man is used for MOTUC... some concepts should just not be really touched, not everything drawn at some napkin is worth going forward with.

I AM ESPECIALLY TALKING ABOUT SKELETEEN. IT SHOULD NOT EXIST! Erhm... But there are other things, like whole Dare concept as it was in that proposal...

Could someone add a page that has ALL the results summarised? I have hard time finding all the previous poll results.

Heroic Warrior
    Oops I voted yes as I thought it was a continuation of the MOTUC line, I'd probably not be too interested in a new retail style line based on new animation.

I'd have no problem with a He-Ro series aimed at kids. Personally I'd much rather see this than yet another retelling of the same characters yet again, there's only so many times I can see the same 20-30 characters take center stage. Time for new characters, new stories and some new blood to support the franchise.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I voted that I would have to learn more.

To clarify, I mean that I would need to learn more about what a current, modern day Son of He-man story and line would be like. The Filmation pitch was nothing more than a concept, and a concept almost 20 years ago to boot. So I cannot imagine a modern day series being exactly like that concept. Actually i think it is more likely that it would differ a great deal.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

We could also do a poll about this continuing in Classics form if you all want to vote on that too.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    We could also do a poll about this continuing in Classics form if you all want to vote on that too.
    Now that's a sub I'd vote for!!---^

I have nothing against 'kidifying' Masters if the line will eventually appear at retail and needs to fit that price point, but kidifying the line and expecting adult collectors to shell out $25-30 + shipping is insanity.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I voted, "No."

First of all, "He-Ro" is the stupidest name for a character this side of Skeleteen!

Secondly, what's the point of a concept which only makes sense if you already know who HE-Man is? It would be LESS accessible, and not more accessible than a simple MOTU re-boot.

I'm fine with a few figures in the main line, but really He-Man is the main event. His son? Who cares!

Add me to the list who doesn't understand the poll. The two things aren't mutually exclusive. Would I be happy with a kids' line focused on He-Ro II as a REPLACEMENT for MOTUC? Heck no. A kids' line existing in tandem would be great.

That said, the Lou Schiemer pitch is no good and I hope there's some unseen stuff that hit the cutting room floor that depicts the line before it morphed to NA.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    First of all, "He-Ro" is the stupidest name for a character this side of Skeleteen!
    Think of the fact that this would be a line aimed at children... He-Ro is actually not that bad of a name from that angle. It tells a new audience that he is, in fact, the hero of the story. No more stupid than Superman or Spider-Man. And Skeleteen is also something that could hook kids.

Oh, and really? He-Ro is worse than He-Man?

Secondly, what's the point of a concept which only makes sense if you already know who HE-Man is? It would be LESS accessible, and not more accessible than a simple MOTU re-boot.
    Seems to me it worked for Star Trek the Next Generation... and the new series of Doctor Who... Marvel 2099... Legion of the Super-Heroes...

Just because there is a back-story doesn't mean something new has to be a slave to that story. What you do is build a story that moves forward, paying service to what old fans loved about it, without miring yourself in that continuity so new fans can come on board. You slowly peel back the onion of history and open yourself up into making it a bigger part of things as you go. Again, STNG and Doctor Who both did a great job of this. Do you have to know the originals of either to enjoy the newer? No... but if you did know the originals, there were things there for you to enjoy and pick up on.

I voted yes, but I'd be more interested if Classics delved into the story more with figures than necessarily making a kid's line.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

NO! I have absolutely zero interest in the rejected Son of He-Man concept, ether as a part of Classics OR as a new toyline/cartoon aimed at kids. Leave it buried in the rubbish where it belongs.