Thread: Scott Neitlich's New Gig: Jakks Pacific!

Scott Neitlich's New Gig: Jakks Pacific!

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/s...t-his-new-gig/

Well, that's cool. The scale is too big for me (storage space, aargh!), but he's got a place to be!

Good for him! He looks like he's really happy there. That's all that matters. I wish him the best
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Oh nice!

I hope he has fun.

I saw that Michael Angelo Giant figure in one of PIXELDANs reviews
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Jakk's? Really?

If he's happy, then great for him. This is the last place I thought he would go.

I really like the big figures for $30. The new star wars ones look great. Good for TG!

In light of this revelation, I choose to blame Scott Neitlich for the way Jakks mishandled Dragon Ball Z toys in 1999.

Am I mistaken, or is this where the previous MOTU guy (Jeremy Padawar) from the 2002 era went off to as well?
    The Next 13 I Need To Have: Lord Masque, Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Crita, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Compactor, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Am I mistaken, or is this where the previous MOTU guy (Jeremy Padawar) from the 2002 era went off to as well?
    You're right. He headed the WWE Classic Superstars collection, as I recall.

Now we need to figure out how to give Jakks the MOTUC license.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I really like the big figures for $30. The new star wars ones look great. Good for TG!
    They lack detail - look cheap. But for big figures at $30, what would you expect? Black Series is infinitely better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Now we need to figure out how to give Jakks the MOTUC license.
    Ummm. No.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Karg 5) Lodar 6) Mask of Power Demons 7) Talon Fighter 8) Road Ripper 9) Lord Masque 10) Snake Mountain 11) Vintage Fright Zone 12) Dragon Walker

I think for kids they are great.
    I just don't get it...
    I think they look horrible. The TMNT ones are cool though. But their designs are simpler.
    I'm not the biggest fan of Jakks.
    He looks happy though.

Scott Neitlich's New Gig: Jakks Pacific!

Maybe Jakks has a new toy license starting in 2015-2016 and they hired him for that?

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    They lack detail - look cheap. But for big figures at $30, what would you expect? Black Series is infinitely better.

- - - Updated - - -

Ummm. No.
    While the black figures are better for us...my kids prefer the big guys. The Darth Vader is awesome and honestly I dig the Stormtrooper Luke's face more than the black versions we've seen so far. Their Superman and Batman are pretty spot on too.

Heroic Warrior
    Well, that's a relief for me. I haven't collected anything from Jakks, aside from the occasional TNA figure, since WWE left. And here I was afraid he might end up working on a Hasbro Star Wars episode 7 line or something.
    Last edited by PPC; December 20, 2014 at 06:57pm.

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    Good for Scott!

I have been collecting the World of Nintendo series of figures, and the giant-sized Mario is pretty awesome!

I'm not sure exactly what TG's job entails, but hopefully he will help Jakks flesh-out their quality control and get some much needed figures hanging on store shelves! Jakks has a surprisingly robust assortment of licenses that deserve good action figures!
    DESPERATELY need ThunderCats Minimates series one!!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Dunno why I find it ironic that 15 seconds after he takes this job the next like 4 waves of World of Nintendo figures are announced.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Jeremy Padawer went to Jakks after 200x.

Master of New Adventures!
    I wish Scott the very best in his new position. I only had the pleasure of meeting him once, at Power-Con, but he impressed me as a true pro and as a gentleman.

JAKKS Pacific is a fantastic company, in no measure just because they carry a lot of product from many series I've been involved with over the years. Seriously, they're one of the -- if not the -- premier licensing companies in the world and my experience every time I've interacted with them is that from bottom to top their staff is positive, focused and cordial. He couldn't be at a better place for product licensing and now he's open to a broad spectrum of content from many different companies.

He's gonna be great and he's gonna do great.

Heroic Warrior
    I hate the new Superman costume... Still prefer the classic version. Still that new 52 version looks a lot cooler then the Man of Steel one does!

Probably would have bought that for my nephew if I had seen it in stores... Like the green lantern one too... but MAN I have no place for them...

Heroic Warrior
    Time to let Jakks Pacific collector forums know he's a-coming. Like sounding the horn for Gargamel in Smurfsville!

Seriously though. All the best to him, I wish he and his family well.

One of these posts doesn't belong

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I hate the new Superman costume... Still prefer the classic version. Still that new 52 version looks a lot cooler then the Man of Steel one does!

Probably would have bought that for my nephew if I had seen it in stores... Like the green lantern one too... but MAN I have no place for them...
    I like the new 52 costume EXCEPT for the high collar. I can't stand that high collar-it looks like a Nazi uniform or something. I like the Injustice version of Superman the best.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."