Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who The Unnamed One SHOULD Have Been (Spoilers)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

Who The Unnamed One SHOULD Have Been (Spoilers)

We're approaching The Unnamed One's unofficial 1 month Anniversary (February 9th) and I thought this could be a fun thread for those who aren't super thrilled with the leaked images of The Unnamed One. I wanted to do this before the official Unnamed One arrives in case the leaked pictures were fake...or even if they weren't fake, but before we can read the bio and mini-comic (because opinions can change).

Anyhow, if you want to be surprised about The Unnamed One...avoid this thread. I will post the leaked pictures below

That's enough space. lol So, the leaked pictures of The Unnamed One show an Evil Trollan and has most people up in arms because of all the excitement, build up and "love letter to the fans" comments...and most people feel all the statements haven't been lived up to. Here are the pictures in question:

Supporters of The Unnamed One shown above say he makes sense being a Trollan, because of how powerful and important they are in the bios. Going along with that theory, I present my #1 choice for "who SHOULD have been The Unnamed One":

1. Dr. Zoog. Dr. Zoog was an evil Trollan who appeared on Trolla in the Princess of Power episode "The Greatest Magic." He hated magic and believed Trolla should be run by machines and not magic. He captures The Crimson Council and Trolla's leaders on his ship and is draining their magic in order to charge his ray and banish them to a different dimension so he can conquer Trolla. He created machines, vehicles, robots, etc.

Here's how I see him being The Unnamed One. All Trollans are magical beings. Dr. Zoog, being scientific and less about the magic, spliced DNA together, creating the Snakemen species to do his bidding. As he get more and more into technology, he creates the techno virus and spreads it throughout the universe, which creates The Evil Horde and also hits Preternia, affecting the dinosaurs.

His eyes also look the exact same as the Snake Mountain playset, which could have been what he really looked like, and been his second head for his MOTUC figure. The Snakemen would have built it in his likeness to worship him.

This would also be cool, because The Unnamed One would have had an appearance in the cartoon series.

2. Movie Skeletor. Now, Mattel doesn't have the rights to Movie characters, but this would have been cool. We know Skeletor has travelled into the past and most view him as THE big bad of MOTU, so...since he is able to time travel and did become a god, why not go into the past, rule all and play everything like a game of chess? I could see him doing it.

3. Imp. Hordak's "pet" who spies on everyone, causes chaos and even tells Hordak what to do. He was pretty darn annoying, but his actions fit in with Th Unnamed One's objective: manipulating everyone...and who would suspect Imp? He would be right under our noses the whole time and it would also be neat because he was featured prominently in the cartoon and other media.

4. Gorgone (the giant Snake Woman). She's from the Brazilian MOTU comics and has a mechanical orb which she uses to control gargoyles. I mean....giant snake woman makes sense to be the leader of the Snake Men.

5. Snake Goddess. Self explanatory.

6. Scrollos. We very rarely saw his face. He could sort of be like Brainiac in the DC universe: collects all knowledge, but is evil. lol He created the Snakemen and other events, hoping to collect some interesting stories.

Those are the only existing characters I could see being The Unnamed One. Who's your "Unnamed One"?
    Last edited by Darkspecter; March 8, 2014 at 07:21pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I have a hard time imagining him as someone we've already met. I said he was Imp in the other thread as a joke recently, but seeing his characteristics laid out like you just did...He actually makes a lot of sense! The Evil Lord of CHAOS! Imp!
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    I have a hard time imagining him as someone we've already met. I said he was Imp in the other thread as a joke recently, but seeing his characteristics laid out like you just did...He actually makes a lot of sense! The Evil Lord of CHAOS! Imp!
    I never thought of Imp until I read your post.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Widget
    I would have loved it to have been the Snake Goddess. She is one of my top wants.

I added 3 more possibilities that I could think of. Here's another picture of Scrollos (I have too many pics in my first post to add it there):

I kind of like the idea of it being Scrollos. I don't think they'd do that, mostly because of the nostalgia factor attached to him for so many people (which is interesting...I hadn't ever heard of him before last year), but I still think it would be a clever idea. What better way for him to have stories to collect, than to put them in motion himself? Sew the seeds of chaos, then observe the fallout! I like it A LOT.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

I like the idea of scrollos too. I think someone had an idea that his alternate head would be wearing a mask.

I always saw it as a deity that the snake men worshiped or "served". It has no form. So, in that regard, I would have preferred Unnamed One remain a mystery.

But, if they had to give him a figure, I would NOT make it something we already know or are familiar with. It would be something new and...

...not a Trollan. The idea of a Trollan pulling the strings and controlling the Snake Men....absurd.

Something completely new and never seen before.

I hate this idea that the Unnamed One should be a "gotcha" character; a mystery to be solved or a gag to be revealed.

It's funny. I think they must have put Hydron in the same month, thinking he's NA, he's an odd figure that even some NA fans aren't really going to be into...Let's put him in the same month as the exclusive because that's a big deal and it will feel balanced. Makes sense, though now I think they should have gone the opposite route and paired the UNO up with someone like Blade. With him being an unknown/unseen figure, they should have paired him with a heavy hitter, just in case of negative fan reaction. Oh, Well!

The only other character(s) I could see him being is those aliens from Filmation, who gathered up all of the characters and pitted them against each other in battle. Just to watch them fight, and to see who would be victorious. I can't remember what episode it was, or if we ever saw what they looked like, but I could have seen tying him into that, somehow.

I like the idea of Scrollos, too.

I like the idea of Scrolos but I also think Dark Dream would have made a good UNO

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I like the idea of Scrolos but I also think Dark Dream would have made a good UNO
    Ooooh, Dark Dream! I forgot about him!

My Unnamed One is Skeleteen (the son of Evil-Lyn and Skeletor). He comes with two heads. A masked Skull with a mohawk, and a normal handsome face...sort of like Keldor. He is the 'Skeletor' of the future, the one who will be locked into combat with DARE once he is found.

Before they could even name him, Evil-Lyn sent him into the future with Spector. He grew up treated badly because he was blue skinned. He became bitter that his parents abandoned him, especially at Evil-Lyn for not even giving him a chance or a name. He vows to enslave humanity, the 'Pink Skins'.

Using great magic, he turns a lowly snake being into King Hiss (a humanoid shape shifting snake) and instructs him to subjugate humanity. The snake race existed, but Skeleteen created more genetic snake men with special abilities to aid King Hiss. King Hiss has no idea who The Unnamed One really is, he just worships him as a master and sort of a deity.

Heroic Warrior
    I immagine the Unnamed One as some kind of Evil Shadow without a definite shape or form, so someone like Dark Dream could work.

I also forgot about the Spirit of Evil from Filmation. I actually thought that was who it was going to be for a brief time. Kinda bummed that it made me want a Spirit of Evil figure, cuz I know they'll never make one now.

I'm cool with the revelation we've seen, but I'd happily take figures of any of these too.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Scrollos would have been a great choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I'm cool with the revelation we've seen, but I'd happily take figures of any of these too.
    Me too...although, this thread is starting to make me think that folks that are really unhappy about it might need a Scrollos figure soon to assign the UNO's role to! I have to say, the idea is growing on me even more now, lol.

Scrollos, the storyteller, unhappy with the idyllic, peaceful life on Eternia and tired of being laughed at for his stories about warriors and conflict...studies science and magic until he has secretly amassed great power. Now gifted with immortality, he sends himself back in time to create his own stories, with the people of Eternia as puppets. He remains in the shadows, manipulating events anonymously, and then recounts the events as Scrollos to anyone who will listen. I'm totally into this idea now.

Actually, even though we are already getting the UNO, I wonder if Scrollos could have some sort of story like that anyway? Maybe as some sort of heroic counter balance to the UNO's chaos. Something more than just a storyteller...He always knows more than he should, somehow!

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I already showed all my ideas on the Unnamed One but let's do a recap.
    According to my twisted fantasies The Unnamed One SHOULD Have Been....

Quote Originally Posted by ViperBen View Post
    I would have loved it to have been the Snake Goddess. She is one of my top wants.
    Thank you to be one of the supporter!
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; March 9, 2014 at 08:49am.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Ooooohhhh... I want that two-headed purple snake!

Gozer would be a hilarious crossover. But let's face it. You are but the buzzing of flies to Viggo.

Only the Snake Goddess would be a good one, the others are horribly terrible.
    I have seen what others have not seen!

When I first read about the Unnamed One I imagined it'd be a Lovecraftian extra-dimensional god-like monstrosity, older than Eternia, with shapes incomprehensible for human minds. Of course, that'd be pretty hard to make into an action figure.

I like the Trollan evil guy, although it's true he's not exactly impressive as an important villain. Might him be Orko turned evil? That might be cool.
    Last edited by Horde Inspector; March 9, 2014 at 12:32pm. Reason: Hide spoiler

In the second leaked picture; you can see the top of the second head. It looks like it's like half cyborg robot head or something?