Thread: Whi is Captain Ziffer? (Solved: Captain Dipper)

Whi is Captain Ziffer? (Solved: Captain Dipper)

Hey gang! The first character in the polls for Monday is Captain Ziffer from Jetlag. I have absolutely no memory of this character and I just finished a second viewing of the entire series. Google comes up empty, as does searching this site and Matty. I figured I'd just ask here if anyone knew who he was because I don't want to downvote an awesome NA character just because I can't remember him!
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    Hey gang! The first character in the polls for Monday is Captain Ziffer from Jetlag. I have absolutely no memory of this character and I just finished a second viewing of the entire series. Google comes up empty, as does searching this site and Matty. I figured I'd just ask here if anyone knew who he was because I don't want to downvote an awesome NA character just because I can't remember him!
    He's the rabbit dude He-Man deals with in the NA ep. 'The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword...Or Is It?" Spelling on his name might be off. I found no pics, but if someone can do a screen grab that'd work!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

NA Plundor? !?

Almost! Spelling was off. Captain Dipper. Here's his .Org encyclopedia page:
    http://www.he-man.org/encyclopedia/v...&objectid=2096

captaintipper02_thumb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    Another pink bunny, oh yea'
    Lol. They're so different, though! This guy looks like an anthropomorphic rabbit. A guy from a race of evolved rabbits. Plundor looks like a guy with a cartoon rabbit head attached to a human body (no offense, He-Dad! That's not an insult, just an observation.). I liked him in his one episode. As soon as they said "the rabbit guy", I knew exactly who it was.

One could even argue that they come from the same world, which could be interesting. Or, not...for some. Lol.

Lol. They're so different, though! This guy looks like an anthropomorphic rabbit. A guy from a race of evolved rabbits. Plundor looks like a guy with a cartoon rabbit head (no offense, He-Dad! That's not an insult, just an observation.). I liked him in his one episode. As soon as they said "the rabbit guy", I knew exactly who it was.

One could even argue that they come from the same world, which could be interesting. Or, not...for some. Lol.
    Lol...none taken....that is the appeal of the ultimate evil that is Plundor!!! That being said, Although I don't collect NA....AT ALL.....I would probably buy this guy and make him Plundor's brother or partner in crime....or both.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Lol...none taken....that is the appeal of the ultimate evil that is Plundor!!! That being said, Although I don't collect NA....AT ALL.....I would probably buy this guy and make him Plundor's brother or partner in crime....or both.
    I like him, and I think he could have multiple uses/appeal to different people. That said...no one is going to vote for him except for me and hardcore NA supporters.

I like him, and I think he could have multiple uses/appeal to different people. That said...no one is going to vote for him except for me and hardcore NA supporters.
    You're probably right. ..but I voted for him anyway......only NA guy I'll buy willingly....lol

I didn't even know this guy existed until the survery, butt now he is one of my top wants.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenít absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donít collect toys to be miserable. So Iíd rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    I didn't even know this guy existed until the survery, butt now he is one of my top wants.
    Awesome! I checked the episode, and it actually sounds like his name is Tipper or Tibber. I wish Jack would pop in on this. It's one of his episodes.

He's also a half-size character, about Gwildor's size.

Master of New Adventures!
    Hi all. I've been off the board recently as my production company prepares for Spring 2014 Television Pitch Season. But I'll surface for this one.

So here's the rest of the story: When I originally co-wrote the script with my at-that-time wife, the character was supposed to be named Tibbar, which, of course, is 'rabbit' spelled backwards. It was the name of her childhood bunny. Regrettably, once KKC&D got hold of it in Tokyo it lost something in the translation and got mangled to Captain Dipper.

Awesome! I checked the episode, and it actually sounds like his name is Tipper or Tibber. I wish Jack would pop in on this. It's one of his episodes.

He's also a half-size character, about Gwildor's size.

Yay! The official answer! I thought I'd heard Tibber or something like that, which is what's funny that it actually ended up Dipper!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Thanks for the back story!

By the way I was watching youtube clips with my daughter the other day and ran across Lady Lovely Locks and lo and behold your name popped up as the writer. Needless to say - she loved the show. She is only two, but I would like to think she loved it for the story!

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Hi all. I've been off the board recently as my production company prepares for Spring 2014 Television Pitch Season. But I'll surface for this one.

So here's the rest of the story: When I originally co-wrote the script with my at-that-time wife, the character was supposed to be named Tibbar, which, of course, is 'rabbit' spelled backwards. It was the name of her childhood bunny. Regrettably, once KKC&D got hold of it in Tokyo it lost something in the translation and got mangled to Captain Dipper.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Thank you for that, Midwinter. I'm delighted your daughter likes the LADY LOVELY LOCKS series. As I've often said, writers, directors, producers and actors are nothing without fans.

Lady Lovely Locks was a joy for me to be involved with -- a wonderful and complex storyline, rich characters, adorable baby dragons and plenty of pro-social lessons for children. Mattel had me create, develop and write the series bible and all thirteen episodes of the series. Although most of my work as a novelist and author of six books, has been for the mainstream market and is decidedly grisly -- horror, suspense and murder mysteries -- throughout my career I've also been blessed with being able to write over 1,200 episodes of television and eighteen movies for children. I've pretty much split my work with children equally to boys and girls -- N/A, M.A.S.K, POWER RANGERS and others for boys, while writing CARE BEARS, SKYDANCERS, BEVERLY HILLS TEEN CLUB, LLL and others for girls, and of course, some crossover work like INSPECTOR GADGET, SUPER MARIO BROTHERS and HEATHCLIFF for both boys and girls. It's been the joy of my life to have had a small impact on children -- our world's most precious resource -- and to have brought smiles to their faces. Writing for children, with their impressionable young minds, is an enormous responsibility and one that I have always taken -- and continue to take -- very, very seriously.

I hope your daughter continues to enjoy LADY LOVELY LOCKS.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    Thanks for the back story!

By the way I was watching youtube clips with my daughter the other day and ran across Lady Lovely Locks and lo and behold your name popped up as the writer. Needless to say - she loved the show. She is only two, but I would like to think she loved it for the story!

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    After I hadn't seen you online for a while I began to worry...and even sent a PM to check on you. Glad to hear everything is well though.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Thank you for your concern, my friend.

While it's true I turned 65 on Valentine's Day, it's equally true that I take very, very good care of myself with regard to lifestyle, health, nutrition and exercise. In fact I'm now three weeks into Tony Horton's grueling P90X3 workout routine -- am I allowed to say that -- and am loving every minute of it.

QUOTE=MOTU_Maniac;3430854]After I hadn't seen you online for a while I began to worry...and even sent a PM to check on you. Glad to hear everything is well though.[/QUOTE]

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    He would make a cool lackey for Plundar.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Thank you for that, Midwinter. I'm delighted your daughter likes the LADY LOVELY LOCKS series. As I've often said, writers, directors, producers and actors are nothing without fans.

Lady Lovely Locks was a joy for me to be involved with -- a wonderful and complex storyline, rich characters, adorable baby dragons and plenty of pro-social lessons for children. Mattel had me create, develop and write the series bible and all thirteen episodes of the series. Although most of my work as a novelist and author of six books, has been for the mainstream market and is decidedly grisly -- horror, suspense and murder mysteries -- throughout my career I've also been blessed with being able to write over 1,200 episodes of television and eighteen movies for children. I've pretty much split my work with children equally to boys and girls -- N/A, M.A.S.K, POWER RANGERS and others for boys, while writing CARE BEARS, SKYDANCERS, BEVERLY HILLS TEEN CLUB, LLL and others for girls, and of course, some crossover work like INSPECTOR GADGET, SUPER MARIO BROTHERS and HEATHCLIFF for both boys and girls. It's been the joy of my life to have had a small impact on children -- our world's most precious resource -- and to have brought smiles to their faces. Writing for children, with their impressionable young minds, is an enormous responsibility and one that I have always taken -- and continue to take -- very, very seriously.

Thank you so much for chiming in! For some reason, it is REALLY difficult to track down New Adventures character info. The internet is not extremely forthcoming in that regard..

I had no idea you also worked on things like Inspector Gadget and M.A.S.K.. Man, I loved M.A.S.K. when I was a kid! Thank you for all the hard work!

Here's a small sampling of my work: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0646323/ I hope it brings back some pleasant childhood memories for you.

As for thanking me for chiming in, it's I who should thank you and everyone associated with he-man.org for having me here. It's a joy to be able to interact with fans and to hear comments and criticisms. Criticism is as important -- if not more important -- to me as praise, since it is from constructive and civil criticism, I believe, that one learns and grows.

Thank you so much for chiming in! For some reason, it is REALLY difficult to track down New Adventures character info. The internet is not extremely forthcoming in that regard..

I had no idea you also worked on things like Inspector Gadget and M.A.S.K.. Man, I loved M.A.S.K. when I was a kid! Thank you for all the hard work!

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Thanks for the reply back. Your writing has definitely been treasured by many fans!

In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Here's a small sampling of my work: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0646323/ I hope it brings back some pleasant childhood memories for you.

As for thanking me for chiming in, it's I who should thank you and everyone associated with he-man.org for having me here. It's a joy to be able to interact with fans and to hear comments and criticisms. Criticism is as important -- if not more important -- to me as praise, since it is from constructive and civil criticism, I believe, that one learns and grows.
    Wow...including The Littles and The Getalong Gang! Inspector Gadget, M.A.S.K., The Popples...? This is nuts! I had no idea. No idea. THANK YOU. The cartoons of today are a pale shadow of the cartoons of the 80's. Those 80's cartoons are so much a part of who I am today. To know you were so involved...Wow. I can't say anything other than thank you, again.

Wow...including The Littles and The Getalong Gang! Inspector Gadget, M.A.S.K., The Popples...? This is nuts! I had no idea. No idea. THANK YOU. The cartoons of today are a pale shadow of the cartoons of the 80's. Those 80's cartoons are so much a part of who I am today. To know you were so involved...Wow. I can't say anything other than thank you, again.
    Yep, Jack totally is forgiven for the terrible NA He-man because of all the other awesome stuff he wrote....lol. Well and because it wasn't his fault the cartoon was so terrible.

And knowing he made another bunnyman for the MOTU universe makes me smile too. Chances don't look good for a figure though.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Yep, Jack totally is forgiven for the terrible NA He-man because of all the other awesome stuff he wrote....lol. Well and because it wasn't his fault the cartoon was so terrible.

And knowing he made another bunnyman for the MOTU universe makes me smile too. Chances don't look good for a figure though.
    Awwwww...lol. Hey, anything that brings me characters like Slush Head, Crita, and Optikk can't be THAT bad.