Thread: Help me determine these She-Ra toys please

Help me determine these She-Ra toys please

I cant find any info on a black horse nor can I identify any of the She-Ra figures. Are they originals?
    $_85.JPG

Only Peekablue in Deep Blue Secret Fantastic Fashion is from She-Ra.

The other females & the horse are from the "Golden Girl" toyline (Vultura, Moth Lady & Shadow horse)

Wow... I did a search on my iPhone while taking a toilet break @ work and it seems these are actually 'Golden Girls Galoob' toys:

http://www.thelaironstormisle.com/mi.../mipshachr.jpg
    Shadow and Chariot
    Shadow's black-and-fuchsia color scheme is a close match for his owner, Dragon Queen. The unique dragon chariot ranks as one of my favorite accessories of the toyline, however, the fragile prongs are one major reason that loose copies of this item are extremely difficult to find intact.

http://www.thelaironstormisle.com/mi.../mibmoth01.jpg
    Moth Lady (Style No. 3028)
    Moth Lady's crimped, two-toned hair is gathered underneath her cape. Like Dragon Queen's sword, her trident is black.

Only the one to the right is 'Peekablue' from the second wave She-Ra toys and shes wearing a 'Deep Blue Secret' fashion set.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Alec!!!

Just found that out indeed. Is there any value to the Golden Girls stuff? I'm asking because these toys are all included in a small lot of MOTU toys + Snake Mountain (all incomplete @ $35 total). Yay or nay?

Yeah they are golden girls apart from Peekablue. And a Grizzlor!

- - - Updated - - -

Their value is lower than that of the She-Ra toys. I've seen a lot of them up on eBay... i'd say they sell for maybe $8? around there. Just averaging it out to what i have seen. Bare in mind, i've seen a lot of them not sell. And some of them get bids. I'm not too 'up' on them, but i think it depends on which ones you have. Just like anything.

Peekablue is one that sells for a little more, but more so when she has her 'feathers'.

Great info Dayvid...thanks! I think I'll pass on the lot for now, since I actually was mostly interested in the She-Ra toys.

No problem! I'm not the biggest fan of the Golden Girls toys. I'm not a HUGE fan of the vintage she-ra ones.. simply because i hate the messy hair - But i do collect them loose and MOC from time to time.

The Golden Girl toys are very strange looking to me, i'd never heard of them before i started collecting.

BTW I also noticed on the pictures of this seller on a local marketplace, that there's a She-Ra castle in the background. She's probably going to put it up for sale. Any people interested in that one?

FYI, the Shadow horse is more of a rarity than the figures. It originally had light-up eyes and a light-up jewel on its forehead, and if those features still work that increases the value. The horse in the photo is also missing all of its accessories - mask, saddle, blanket, etc. - so that decreases the value quite a bit.
    I also think (having handled quite a lot of the Golden Girl figures now) that it is really important if you are buying them to ask A LOT of questions. They are made of a rubbery plastic, not the hard plastic like She-Ra figures, and the rubber is prone to have color and texture problems ("cottage cheese" texture and a green color) as it ages. They also have the same kind of joints as the He-Man figures, so they are subject to more problems with loose or damaged joints than the She-Ra figures in my experience.
    The really collectible items for Golden Girl are the fashions - there were way more than for the She-Ra figures and some of them are really rare.

I remember Golden Girl . This one Golden girl advert kept popping up on TV where , I suppose the "bad girls " get caught in a falling net . I guess they were trying to ride the Heman /She Ra wave.

Ohh i just found it .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ1pUReLRDw
    Last edited by MOLKROM; March 12, 2014 at 03:57am.
    MOTU and POP transformed my childhood years to gold

Love that commercial! I don't ever remember seeing a commercial for Golden Girl as a kid, but I had Rubee, Jade, and the Dragon Queen, who often subbed in for Shadow Weaver with the She-Ra crowd.

What was the timeframe for Golden Girl? I don't remember that commercial at all (or any). I'd never heard of it before a month or two ago, here on the boards.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

DRAGSTOR IS COMING SOON!

1984 - 1985 . There was no She Ra toys over here or they came much later when i moved . In every toy shop in my city , you would find Heman in the boy section and Golden Girl in the girl section .

Not sure how popular she was . Golden Girl had to compete with Carebears , My Little Pony and of course Barbie.
    Last edited by MOLKROM; March 12, 2014 at 04:35am.
    MOTU and POP transformed my childhood years to gold

Golden Girl came out in 1984, slightly prior to She-Ra. I was the target market for these toys, and while I liked them, I never liked them as much as She-Ra. They never had their own cartoon or movie, and I think they suffered accordingly. They did not sell well and Galoob only produced the line for one year. There's a pretty well-known print ad that Galoob ran for them that you can see here:
    http://www.jumpingfrog.com/images/ma...s2/mad3149.jpg

Omg, Magicat - that ad is amazing, especially given the times!

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    What was the timeframe for Golden Girl? I don't remember that commercial at all (or any). I'd never heard of it before a month or two ago, here on the boards.
    Golden Girl and the Guardians of the Gemstones showed up on retailer shelves in February, 1985, beating Mattel's Princess of Power to the punch by a couple of months. On a side note, Galoob considered the line to be the one of the biggest bombs in the history of the company. Golden Girl was their #1 launch in 1985, and the trade invested heavily in the line, but at the end it only generated $8 million dollars.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

You learn something new everyday! Thanks for the info guys!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Omg, Magicat - that ad is amazing, especially given the times!

LOL
    I know - I doubt whether a current toy manufacturer would use *quite* that wording today!

Tallstar, thanks for the info on when exactly they appeared in stores - a lot of the sources I have found are kind of fuzzy on that.

I always loved the horses and chariots from the Golden Girl line. I was never really a fan of the action figures themselves, but I did have the original GG as a child. The action figures faces are too messed up for my liking, but the horse and chariots were gorgeous!