Thread: Modern series! Help!

Modern series! Help!

I've been away for a long time (I drifted away around 1985-86). The modern series is phenomenal! I love the sculpts.
    I really want to expand my collection beyond the surviving toys of my youth.
    What can I expect trying to find loose, modern figures? Availability? Price? Any tips are appreciated.

Welcome to the forum. There are the figures from the 2002-2003 and then the new ones from 2008 to now.

I great place to get good prices on 2002 & 03 figures is the hive of villainy:

http://www.hyveofvillainy.com/

I've gotten some great stuff from him at a good price.

Right at this moment eBay prices are down on the 2008 and on figures. Some are still high, but way less then they were.

I personally have some for sale in my eBay store (link in my sig)

Again, welcome and have fun here.

You would be better off to go for the newer ones. They have much better articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    You would be better off to go for the newer ones. They have much better articulation.
    . But many of the bios are horrendous. So, pick you poison.
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

The bio's only matter if it's a MOC collection.

I'm not a big fan of the classics packaging. I think it's boring and doesn't showcase the figures very well.

I would definitely advocate 200X over the classics line if you're looking to go for a MOC collection.
    But loose, the articulation is just not very good for them and they can't do a whole lot of poses.

As someone who made a conscious decision to start a 200X or a MOTUC collection, I wish that I had gone with the 200X series in hindsight. I would have saved a lot of money, time and aggravation. In my opinion, the 200X series were simply better toys.

Welcome from a fellow North Carolinian!
    1 of 200 active He-Man.org members.

Look for lots of them on ebay, for auction. You won't win all of them, but if you bid right, you shoudl be able to get some very fair deals on loose figures. A majority of the line can still be had for good prices, with a handful (Convention exclusives, some variants, and figures that primarily saw European release) being tough to find, particularly at low prices. Evil-Lyn and Teela sell for higher prices, and are tougher to find, but not exceptionally rare. A majority of the line can be had for $10.00 or less loose, mint, complete.
    "I am The Mad Bubbler... breathe in the vapors of my madness!"