Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Subscription Unnamed One ARRIVAL! Spoilers and pics inside!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Real disappointed with the create a character contest winner characters not being utilized for more unique individual roles.
    I was really hoping Raja would be a good guy in SOH, Bubblor a minion to Horde Prime & Three Beast also. Im a little embarrassed to see the 80s contest characters making an appearance.
    Lady Slither seems so underwhelming (Shokoti does it better). Seems like a forced attempt at getting that female snake Goddess that fans have been asking for.
    Despara, .... not a fan of the DC comics nor am I seeing it be pushed into motuc.
    A resurrected Skeletor & Son look-a-like.
    What happened to Dare?! There already was a design for him! Much better than NA armor He-Man
    Last edited by kylun flac; March 13, 2014 at 09:03pm.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Thanks for all if this Patrick!

umm Who the hell ate those other guys?? Favorites of TGs from the new contest?
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    So now the Mighty Spector becomes the Amazing Spector...
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

What bio questions does he tie up? His bio and the mini-comic just add more questions to the mix.
    It does raise a lot of questions, but it answers:

-What happens in He-Man and Skeletor's final duel
    -What does She-Ra look like in space
    -What does Dare look like
    -Just how hot is Netta, huh? She brings all the, uh, understuffed throw pillows to the yard!

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    Thanks for all if this Patrick!

umm Who the hell ate those other guys?? Favorites of TGs from the new contest?
    Jet Pak is pretty clearly the Castle Grayskull space suit that fans have been demanding. Man Crystal looks like he's a translation of the shadowy image of the 'king of Castle Grayskull from the first four mini-comics combined with the Crystal Man concept (and with a repainted minicomic Staff of Avion). Hans Hammer Hand ... he may be new. Those three feel like MotU to me; I can't say the same for the 1985 CAC runners-up.

Quote Originally Posted by PaTrIcKfOgArTy View Post
    Here you go! The Temple:
    I'm not with the comic now but here is a pic I took, I think its the page that has the best pictures of them:
    Temple looks awesome. Jet Pak is the Grayskull robot/spacesuit!

I like this group of heroes alot. Very original bunch. Refreshing for a change. Reminds me of vintage MOTU.

Am curious to see how Netta and Eye Ball would be executed in figure form.

Heroic Warrior
    I was wondering if any of the New Adventures stories from the old TV show, actually happened in the MOTUC Canon? Did the war between Primians and Denebrians ever happened, because from the comic it seems that they are allies? And if it happened how it's connected to the whole Horde war? Did characters like Crita, Sebrian, Mara, Drissi existed in this canon?

Okay I have to admit I like Hans Hammer Holder, Man Crystal, Lady Slither, and Jet Pack. Goofy sure but somehow cooler too. Were any of these other CaC entries or did Scott invent them? And are they meant to represent a new era--He-Man and the Defenders of Trolla--or are they more to add to Son of He-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    Hmmm...those are the defenders of Trolla (is that Goldenrod from the last comic?)..
    Ooo, good call, I didn't think of that. I expected Goldenrod to basically look like Filmation's Aramesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Lady Slithers wears Ziloras headpiece. Coincidence i donīt think so!
    I think so too! Also makes me think a little of Vipra from Bravestarr. She's basically got Catra's costume colors: all red with a purple cape. Still I like it. Lady Slither, NA She-Ra, Netta, and Despara--good to see more MOTU women even if some aren't really new characters. Still won't be satisfied if I never get Illumina though, Scott.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I hope if we get Dare that we get both of his beasts, he has a cat and a bird right? What are their names? Frankly, I never cared to even get to know much about Dare until I saw the images from the new mini comic. Loving this version.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    thanks patrick but I meant the original masters of the universe (heroic warriors) that joined he man with icarius and hydron when they left eternia on the starship. those characters are great (love brainwave, hans-hammer and jet pak) but they are the defenders of trollan, not original vintage characters. that question has never been answered (well, it has been answered with a 'keep reading the bios'....) and many of us hoped this mini comic would reveal it....any chance there are some masters in it besides he-man?
    I asked on Ask Matty. Bet it gets skipped, but worth a shot.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

DRAGSTOR IS COMING SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Can we see a picture of him with his energy blast? Thanks.
    Here you go Also updated first post with these!

Unnamed One with Green Energy Blast: (Yes, he can have it on without falling over but it takes some positioning)
    Thanks Patrick! Much appreciated!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

I've figured it out!

Netta and Eye Ball are the parents of Rotar and Twistoid!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    It does raise a lot of questions, but it answers:

-What happens in He-Man and Skeletor's final duel
    -What does She-Ra look like in space
    -What does Dare look like
    -Just how hot is Netta, huh? She brings all the, uh, understuffed throw pillows to the yard!
    Well...Skeletor is "revived", so that's probably not their final battle, so no answers there. It really answers 2 questions, although the He-Ro II (Dare) question could be changed if fans do not want that version of him. Like Veena in the MOTUC comic, I think most fans will want them based on their known appearances (MYP cartoon and Filmation bible, respectively). Not all fans, though. jzachery loves the NA repaint He-Man version of He-Ro II. I think the best compromise would be to make the Filmation He-Ro II and give him an extra silver, NA He-Man chest piece. That way we could make whichever version we liked best.

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    I was wondering if any of the New Adventures stories from the old TV show, actually happened in the MOTUC Canon? Did the war between Primians and Denebrians ever happened, because from the comic it seems that they are allies? And if it happened how it's connected to the whole Horde war? Did characters like Crita, Sebrian, Mara, Drissi existed in this canon?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    I have never seen as much plagiarism in one place as this in my entire life. That whole comic is so full of lawsuit potential it is sickening. I really, really, really hope Marvel, Lucas, DC and others take notice of this outright stealing of their properties. The banning of people for their outrage against Scott is uncalled for. Please look at what he has done or allowed to happen to MOTU. Purple turd Spider-Man...REALLY!!!
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    thanks patrick but I meant the original masters of the universe (heroic warriors) that joined he man with icarius and hydron when they left eternia on the starship. those characters are great (love brainwave, hans-hammer and jet pak) but they are the defenders of trollan, not original vintage characters. that question has never been answered (well, it has been answered with a 'keep reading the bios'....) and many of us hoped this mini comic would reveal it....any chance there are some masters in it besides he-man?
    Other than that first page I don't believe we see any of the original masters. Don't have it with me to reference right now - sorry! One last pic of The Unnamed One - but a bit cooler of a shot I think:

Last edited by PaTrIcKfOgArTy; March 14, 2014 at 08:25am.

Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    I have never seen as much plagiarism in one place as this in my entire life. That whole comic is so full of lawsuit potential it is sickening. I really, really, really hope Marvel, Lucas, DC and others take notice of this outright stealing of their properties. The banning of people for their outrage against Scott is uncalled for. Please look at what he has done or allowed to happen to MOTU. Purple turd Spider-Man...REALLY!!!

Uh... no, I've seen far, far worse plagiarism in things that are legally allowed to exist. Since you just made an accusation with legal implications, please back it up point-for-point, showing lifted quotes, character designs, artwork, or something solid enough to count.

Also, if people were banned for complaining about ToyGuru, there would be no forum.

In fact, if you really believe that there is an actionable amount of plagiarism, you should make a thread about it. Provide evidence, and maybe it will gain traction.

So, fine...now I want pretty much all of the characters introduced in this comic.

Is that supposed to distract me from all those questions we were told we'd have answers to? Hmmm. It worked for about two minutes. Even just finding out the significance of the second head would make me very happy.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

DRAGSTOR IS COMING SOON!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I hope if we get Dare that we get both of his beasts, he has a cat and a bird right? What are their names? Frankly, I never cared to even get to know much about Dare until I saw the images from the new mini comic. Loving this version.
    That was only in the Filmation version of "He-Ro: Son of He-Man." The cat he's riding in the picture is Battle Cat with a different look. The bird is a yellow crow named Craven. He was raised by she-bearcat (half bear, half mountain lion).

Here's the entire bible:

http://old.he-man.org/cartoon/exclus...le-intro.shtml

The pitch Toyguru speaks of is literally the exact same as New Adventures of He-Man, except He-Man is replaced with NA He-Ro II and Skeletor is replaced with Skeleteen. This is all based on what Toyguru has said. I don't think anyone else has been able to read the pitch (outside what Mattel has shown at conventions...which I don't recall seeing).

- - - Updated - - -

Other than that first page I don't believe we see any of the original masters. Don't have it with me to reference right now - sorry! One last pic of The Unnamed One - but a bit cooler of a shot I think:
    He looks so much better in these pictures! The top of his head always looked flat, but I like he really does have a more pointy hat. Makes him look a LOT better!
    Last edited by Darkspecter; March 13, 2014 at 09:23pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Hans Hammer Holder?

HANS HAMMER HOLDER???

BWA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!

His name is Hans Hammer Holder! That is so...stupid and awesome at the same time!

I've gotta have him! Hans Hammer Holder has just jumped to the top of my "must have" list!

Uh... no, I've seen far, far worse plagiarism in things that are legally allowed to exist. Since you just made an accusation with legal implications, please back it up point-for-point, showing lifted quotes, character designs, artwork, or something solid enough to count.

Also, if people were banned for complaining about ToyGuru, there would be no forum.
    Sure, as soon as you show me your law degree.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

Sure, as soon as you show me your law degree.
    I'm not the one making the legal accusation. Do you have a law degree? If so, please include that in the new thread about legally-actionable plagiarism.

You have accused Mattel of breaking the law. This is way more serious than "This story sucks."
    Last edited by Ridureyu; March 13, 2014 at 09:25pm. Reason: fixed spelling of "thread," added a line.

FYI SoH He-Ro's pet bird was named Craven.

This is a really different He-Ro design though. He looks like he is designed to be all reused parts too. If he never gets made he'd be one of the easiest customs possible I think.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I'm not the one making the legal accusation. Do you have a law degree? If so, please include that in the new thread about legally-actionable plagiarism.
    I'll finish with this: If you know anything about comics you would see the total rip-off of the Green Lanterns, Spider-man, Super-Man, Star Wars, etc. going on. It has been going on for some time with this nonsense. Scott can not come up with his own ideas so he takes ideas from other properties he is a fan of. It's that simple. If you follow things and are a frequent visitor here you would know this and there would be no need to explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I say this to Mattel execs past and present:

Stop trying to make a bigger bad than Skeletor happen. It's not going to happen.
    What's wrong with a new, upstart threat coming up only for Skeletor to have to smack down? It helps to stop Skeletor from getting stale.

I like everything I've seen from this comic so far, except for Netta. I love what she was a part of, but man.

The temple of Lady Slither or whatever it's called... I love how it's drawn like it's a playset! It has a handle!!

And the temple of power is awesome. Now it makes sense why a Grayskull-esque glyph was on He-Ro's cape.

I just adore this take on MOTU. The fact that there's someone carrying the torch and not just letting it waste away in nostalgia mothballs is fantastic to me. Everything new I see just gets me so excited, and ain't nobody gonna get me down!