Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Subscription Unnamed One ARRIVAL! Spoilers and pics inside!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

What bio questions does he tie up? His bio and the mini-comic just add more questions to the mix.
    Absolutely none! I posted this question over at Matty, referencing every question their press release said would be answered. None of them were, and I doubt my question about it all will be answered either. I like the figure and I want to like it more, but to include unexplained accessories and a bio that answers none of the questions it was promised to, is really not cool.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/7091063568
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    Hans Hammer Holder?

HANS HAMMER HOLDER???

BWA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!

His name is Hans Hammer Holder! That is so...stupid and awesome at the same time!

I've gotta have him! Hans Hammer Holder has just jumped to the top of my "must have" list!
    Hans Hammer Holder, Fisto, and Ram Man just demand their own movie now. The sequel can include Hands-Some.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Hans Hammer Holder?

HANS HAMMER HOLDER???

BWA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!

His name is Hans Hammer Holder! That is so...stupid and awesome at the same time!

I've gotta have him! Hans Hammer Holder has just jumped to the top of my "must have" list!
    He sounds like a WWF wrestler from the 80's.

**In Howard Finkel voice**

"Coming to the ring, from the planet Trolla, weighing 280 lbs.....Hans HAMMMMMMMER Holder!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Okay I have to admit I like Hans Hammer Holder, Man Crystal, Lady Slither, and Jet Pack. Goofy sure but somehow cooler too. Were any of these other CaC entries or did Scott invent them? And are they meant to represent a new era--He-Man and the Defenders of Trolla--or are they more to add to Son of He-Man?

Ooo, good call, I didn't think of that. I expected Goldenrod to basically look like Filmation's Aramesh.

I think so too! Also makes me think a little of Vipra from Bravestarr. She's basically got Catra's costume colors: all red with a purple cape. Still I like it. Lady Slither, NA She-Ra, Netta, and Despara--good to see more MOTU women even if some aren't really new characters. Still won't be satisfied if I never get Illumina though, Scott.
    Vipra totally came to my mind as well.

You forgot that golden messenger woman who wears Granitas outfit!!!

i think she is the only one with out a name…or at least on those pictures Patrick was kind enough to post wasnīt called by a name.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    I'm not gonna feed the troll so I'll finish with this. If you know anything about comics you would see the total rip-off of the Green Lanterns, Spider-man, Super-Man, Star Wars, etc. going on. It has been going on for some time with this nonsense. Scott can not come up with his own ideas so he takes ideas from other properties he is a fan of. It's that simple. If you follow things and are a frequent visitor here you would know this and there would be no need to explain.

If you believe that Mattel has broken the law, then make a thread about it. Contact Marvel and DC about it. Put your money where your mouth is. I do follow things here, I am a frequent visitor, and all that I see are a few similar themes, not Mattel breaking the law. But if you believe it is that serious, then you should follow up on it. Again, making a legal accusation is a serious matter. You can't just go "You! I accuse you of ____!" and let it go without following it up or proving your point somewhere.

And please do not call me a troll, that is a personal attack.

I love the figure and see no problem with it. I don't read the bios or any of the new fiction so he can just be a bad guy. My MOTU world has 2 factions, all the good guys and all the bad guys. They get together about once a week to kick the crap out of each other. What other story do I need?

Most people seem to hate it for 1 of 2 reasons. The first is that this little dude can't be the ultimate evil (wherever that came from) and two...Scott had a hand in it. I have to question though, what does evil look like? In most cases it is a normal, innocent looking being. That is why they are so evil! Just like this ultimate evil....

7e05144ec8f7dad08f1fa295f90acb3e.jpg

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    Absolutely none! I posted this question over at Matty, referencing every question their press release said would be answered. None of them were, and I doubt my question about it all will be answered either. I like the figure and I want to like it more, but to include unexplained accessories and a bio that answers none of the questions it was promised to, is really not cool.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/7091063568
    Good question. I hope it gets answered. I just can't believe The Unnamed One comes with the mini-comic and is only in a single image, which appears to be a tease for NEXT YEARS' comic. I mean...really?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

He should have included the skull of power.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

In the Second Ultimate Battleground fight scene, who is the character on the far left, between Man-E-Faces and Clamp Champ? Is it this golden armored woman with the Trollan Defenders?imagen13.jpg
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

Hans Hammer Holder, Fisto, and Ram Man just demand their own movie now. The sequel can include Hands-Some.
    Fisto
    Jitsu
    Ram Man
    Hans-Some
    and introducing Hans Hammer Holder

When someone needs man-handling, you call...

THE MAN HAMMER SQUAD!

Summer 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    He sounds like a WWF wrestler from the 80's.

**In Howard Finkel voice**

"Coming to the ring, from the planet Trolla, weighing 280 lbs.....Hans HAMMMMMMMER Holder!

Triple H!!!!!
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

In the Second Ultimate Battleground fight scene, who is the character on the far left, between Man-E-Faces and Clamp Champ? Is it this golden armored woman with the Trollan Defenders?imagen13.jpg
    I think that's Saurod.

Thatīs vintage Saurod between Man-E-Faces and Clamp Champ and i tell you look at her picture again and than compare her outfit with Granitas, they are very much alike!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I think that's Saurod.
    Yes, that makes sense. I've been wondering that for like a year, lol.
    I guess the Trolla woman isn't Goldenrod either, because he/she is on the Horde side and looks more like a robot. Oh well...thought I'd made a discovery, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Thatīs vintage Saurod between Man-E-Faces and Clamp Champ and i tell you look at her picture again and than compare her outfit with Granitas, they are very much alike!
    I'll go take a look. For what it's worth, my Comet Warriors are with my NA because I figured they'd head back to their old home/space to help out!

Yeah, some of those new characters like Lady Slither, Man Crystal (is that really his name?) Hans Hammer Holder, and the Jetpack Castle Grayskull Suit guy are quite awesome looking. I like the look of Goldenrod, although she does look more like a Ralph McQuarrie Star Wars character or a Futurama extra.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I checked it out...I can see whee there are similarities, but this woman looks way more like a robot than Granita. Actually, she reminds me of a golden version of a Cyberwoman from Doctor Who!

Dr-Who-Cyberwoman.jpg

I've gotta join in... Fisto, Ram-Man, and HANS HAMMER HOLDER really do need to form a team!

FYI SoH He-Ro's pet bird was named Craven.

This is a really different He-Ro design though. He looks like he is designed to be all reused parts too. If he never gets made he'd be one of the easiest customs possible I think.
    Scott has said that the armored-up NA He-Man was originally meant to be Dare. The Lou Scheimer cartoon pitch was years later.

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    It's the robot from Metropolis.
    Satma needs to happen. I will mow your lawn for life, Scott.

Yeah, I think just like He-Ro, Lady Slither, and the Sagitaur CE, this was designed with a mold-reuse in mind. The shape of the belt, the shoes and knee-rings, the V-neckline, it's all pretty much Granita's body design. Throw in some vac-metal maybe to make them different? I wish we had a name for her at least.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Scott has said that the armored-up NA He-Man was originally meant to be Dare. The Lou Scheimer cartoon pitch was years later.
    Did I say the Scheimer version came first? Nothing I said was untrue, it's different from what we've already seen, and it lends itself over to a repaint of existing parts--even the head--more than most other figures. That's just true. To be more judgy, I think it ought to have more of its own identity. As it is now, it's too much of a repaint for me to get excited about (although I can get excited over just a repaint I guess, but not so much this one right now).
    Last edited by gbagok; March 13, 2014 at 10:04pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!

Alright, who wants to go over to Ask Matty and ask what Metropolis-bot/Lady C-3PO's name is?

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I checked it out...I can see whee there are similarities, but this woman looks way more like a robot than Granita. Actually, she reminds me of a golden version of a Cyberwoman from Doctor Who!

Dr-Who-Cyberwoman.jpg
    She is reminiscent to those sci-fi robot woman art you seen on italo disco album covers during the late 70s early 80s
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by Zodak's new shoes View Post
    Totally.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodak's new shoes View Post
    The Maschinenmensch! No wonder we didn't learn her name, it's too long for the word bubbles, especially after introducing Hans Hammer Holder. Way to hog the word space, Hans.