Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546
Results 1,126 to 1,149 of 1149

Thread: Subscription Unnamed One ARRIVAL! Spoilers and pics inside!

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    I hated the idea of the great evil being this guy, but using the alt head, i actually like him even as the ultimate evil.
    We need a Snake Teela and Critta in MOTUC! The snakemen and Space mutants are the only factions without a girl in them!

Heroic Warrior
    SO what happens to the extras that are sitting in DR's warehouse. Will they be sold at an EA sale or during the BF sale. I am especially interested in when BBTS would clearance out the hundreds of these in their warehouse...

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by powerofGS View Post
    SO what happens to the extras that are sitting in DR's warehouse. Will they be sold at an EA sale or during the BF sale. I am especially interested in when BBTS would clearance out the hundreds of these in their warehouse...
    Probably given away to matty employees as they never sell club exclusive figures on matty, ea, bf, or any other time.
    We need a Snake Teela and Critta in MOTUC! The snakemen and Space mutants are the only factions without a girl in them!

I'm loving this figure more and more. I really like swapping the Keldor head on the UNO body, and using the UNO hood head on the body of Keldor.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    I think this is another case of "to each his own". I like (most of) the real names. I mean, even as a kid I could not accept that Mer Man's mother would name him Mer Man. As cool as it might have been, my parents didn't name me "Earth Guy", lol. I'd worry about parents that named their baby "Ram Man"! To me, having real names makes their universe more realistic.

But, that's purely a matter of personal taste. It's one of those things where anyone who isn't into them can completely ignore them, just like the bios.
    Well said. I try to always be positive myself but when I saw the UNO I must admit I was not at all pleased and spoke about this in the other thread. Since then I have kinda changed my mind a bit, reassessed the character in the story they are telling here and I am now more than happy to have him in my collection. I think the bio's actually help sell a figure to me honestly.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Well... I'm very much in the boat of love the figure, accessories, etc, but don't like the real name or story behind this character. So... I changed it for my personal story.

I stole the Dactus idea for The Unnamed One:

IMG_0884.jpg

I'll probably find an extra Draegoman at some point and put the 2nd head on that, but I only had a Dactus at the moment. It fits more of what I think when I think god that King Hsss bows to. And for now my thoughts are the shared blue skin is why King Hsss thought Skeletor was a servant/messenger of the Unnamed One.

The figure looks like a female Trollan so I renamed her Cru-elle and placed her in my Council of Evil.

IMG_0887.jpg

Court Magician
    I know there have been a lot of things brought up and I could be wrong but has anyone noticed that horde world looks a hell of a lot like Darkseids Apokolips ?

It's taken me a day or so, but my Unnamed One Review and FAQ is up! Questions answered, pictures taken, and figures reviewed. Check it out here!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Finally got all my quarterly shipped figures today, and I'm surprised to say how much I like the UNO. Yes, I was disappointed that all they hype led up to an evil trollan, but he's very cool for what he is. No doubt in my mind that his magic burst is the spell that created the Snake men. Look at all the little snake faces...adorable.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

The hype and mystery didn't really help, but the figure is still pretty cool regardless. He doesn't really look that much like Orko, and despite his size the design is still quite fearsome and menacing, especially compared to the more goofy and cartoony villains that MOTU is known for. The spell blast is definitely an awesome piece and all of the details really give this guy a pretty unique look, he's definitely not just Orko with evil eyes or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    Well... I'm very much in the boat of love the figure, accessories, etc, but don't like the real name or story behind this character. So... I changed it for my personal story.

I stole the Dactus idea for The Unnamed One:

IMG_0884.jpg

I'll probably find an extra Draegoman at some point and put the 2nd head on that, but I only had a Dactus at the moment. It fits more of what I think when I think god that King Hsss bows to. And for now my thoughts are the shared blue skin is why King Hsss thought Skeletor was a servant/messenger of the Unnamed One.

The figure looks like a female Trollan so I renamed her Cru-elle and placed her in my Council of Evil.

IMG_0887.jpg
    Is that a Serpentor cobra I see by your "Cru-elle"? Awesome. I have my Nepthu holding one in his spellcasting hand.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

Heroic Warrior
    Toyguru, if you happen to read this ,
    I'd love it if you could run down the visual clues on the UNO about his past, ( I recall you saying something about him being like KHM with the scar and broken down old sword) cheers in advance

- - - Updated - - -

...I'm guessing the magic blast created the snake men, the red skull is a symbol for the skull of power?,

I like his second head on Dactus, but I put it on the Faceless One's body and looks really cool (never liked TFO). Even has a spell casting hand for the casting effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    Is that a Serpentor cobra I see by your "Cru-elle"? Awesome. I have my Nepthu holding one in his spellcasting hand.
    I believe that it is a Serpentor cobra staff. I have had that piece in Kobra Khan's hand for a long time, but Cru-elle needed a wand of some sort. So I thought I would make a nod to the Snake idea and transferred it to her. If I find a cool pink/purple wand else where I will probably put that in her hand and give Kobra Khan back his Cobra staff.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Got him and Hydron yesterday (I decided not to cancel him at Big Bad; I'm not necessarily a "gotta catch 'em all" type, but it's hard to pass on something from the MOTU line for me). I can say he's likely not worth the premium I paid for him, but it's Masters, so I can live with it. At regular price, he'd be fine. There is a lot of detail on him, and I can see why folks talk of the 200x feel with him. As a Trollan baddie, he works fine, with a nice sinister look to the eyes. As one poster asked above, it would be nice to know what all of the things on him mean, especially the armor (wondering why a powerful magical being would need it, so I assume there's some other symbolic reason for it). I never use the stands for floating the figures, so the limitations of not having a ball joint there doesn't make any difference. I am wondering how long it will take for the spell cast to bend his arm out of shape, though, without some sort of support; it does fit well and looks good, so I definitely will display him with it in place. THe Fab Four did their usual good job bringing him to plastic life, but he's definitely going in a display simply as a bad boy Trollan, not with the POG stuff as the master of the Snake Men.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    I finally received my figure two days ago. I'm pretty happy with it. I think it's a cool inclusion into the MOTUC Mythos. Here's my video review:

Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    I'm loving this figure more and more. I really like swapping the Keldor head on the UNO body, and using the UNO hood head on the body of Keldor.
    Yeah, I've been thinking of different mix/matches. That sounds like a fun one!

I'm glad he has been a bit controversial, though, because I definitely needed a second one to display both heads so he hasn't been very expensive.

I think the figure himself would have been much better received if the whole "mystery" thing hadn't forced such a build-up.

I got my Unnamed One today. I really like the figure. For me, he's second only to King He-Man in the sub exclusives. Great sculpt, nice colours, cool accessories. An overall great package. Better than Shadow Weaver (kind of plain, not very exciting), Wun-Dar (cool, but a repaint), and PTE He-Man (lame).
    My one gripe is the stand, it should have been ball-jointed like Orko's. And mine is bent/warmed somehow from the package, so I need to straighten it out in hot water or something.

The Horde Map is interesting. Nothing mind-blowing, and not as cool as looking at a Star Wars map, but still neat.

The minicomic? My least favourite one by far. But I like the artwork.

My only dislike about his role in motu, or his bio, is that this is Gorpo. Why make Gorpo evil? I think the fans deserved a proper Orko-repaint Gorpo. Maybe UNO can be Gorpo senior.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    If the stand had been ball jointed, the weight of the green "blast effect" what have pulled him into a nose dive from any pose. I think they made the right decision on the stand.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Shadow Weaver has a new pupil named Gorpo.

Dragon Slasher has a new Battle Helmet.

The comic and the map are pretty sweet additions as well
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

"You Miserable little Trollan Pest I'll fix you!"

Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Heroic Warrior
    Love him or hate him, he is at the very least very photogenic!

Fabulous secret powers revealed

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    Got him today, still hatin' this character, but I love the mini comic.

I've been wanting to kit-bash a "thug" character for the Unnamed One to boss around. Sort of like his main muscle. Found the perfect clothes for him on an Undertaker figure. Since I'm not a wrestling fan, this totally works for me.

10306257_10103673339564880_8656265244636906414_n.jpg
    10351580_10103673339764480_2619322290367805533_n.jpg
    10365987_10103673339929150_5920898127089004467_n.jpg