Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FIRST LOOK AT THE FIGURE! Backyard Legends: Prince of Crystal Update #8

FIRST LOOK AT THE FIGURE! Backyard Legends: Prince of Crystal Update #8

Update #8! Your first look at the complete figure!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...al/posts/53194
    Good people to trade with!:
    Son of Keldor, He-Ryno, Zovex (x3), KingKahn, miscus555, Kaijukilla, Gigatron, big_truk_convoy, Andrea the Cat, Bigassbuzz (x2), Dawg88, zodak74 (x2), pistolpete1969, sandrockgundam04, Rexplode, TekkamanSol, Lay Ze-Man, djblizzard, brock_snyder, Spikewolfe, rocky_raccoon, Zordak, npbaity, JeMaBo2,

Quote Originally Posted by Toygiant View Post

I've already said it on Facebook, I'd just like to say it here.... He looks amazing.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Is this Crystar? ...and next they will be releasing Moltar? Am I getting this right?

He's pretty cool.

I'm guessing he'll look like this when completed:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

He's inspired by Crystar, yes. Some of the elements of that concept were dropped for costs. Pretty much everything not part of the original figure. But he'll still look great. Love that he'll be molded in clear plastic.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I can't believe I haven't seen this yet! Sooooooo rad!
    How big will he be?

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    I hope he is the size of MOTU classics!
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    I can't believe I haven't seen this yet! Sooooooo rad!
    How big will he be?
    Quote Originally Posted by BoShek View Post
    I hope he is the size of MOTU classics!
    Hopefully this pic will answer your questions.

Here's the final colored concept art (colors by Tom Gilbert www.GigaLeo.com)

And here's a look at the completed figure (before any "master" tweaking/polishing).
    Son of Keldor, He-Ryno, Zovex (x3), KingKahn, miscus555, Kaijukilla, Gigatron, big_truk_convoy, Andrea the Cat, Bigassbuzz (x2), Dawg88, zodak74 (x2), pistolpete1969, sandrockgundam04, Rexplode, TekkamanSol, Lay Ze-Man, djblizzard, brock_snyder, Spikewolfe, rocky_raccoon, Zordak, npbaity, JeMaBo2,

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I am soooo in!
    Are those ankles articulated?

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    Are those ankles articulated?
    Yes sir!

Wow, That loks awesome. Are you going to be selling these online then? If so How Much will it be and when will it be up?

Quote Originally Posted by Reptile View Post
    Wow, That loks awesome. Are you going to be selling these online then? If so How Much will it be and when will it be up?
    Thanks! Yes, the figures will be back up for sale in March when the WorkingClassVillains online store opens. The figures will be $45 (includes shipping in the US, outside of US will have additional shipping charges) and comes complete with helmet, sword, shield, & looking crystal, just like the figure that inspired him.

Or if you'll be in the Seattle area for Emerald City Comicon March 4th-6th you can come to the WorkingClassVillains table in artist alley (H-20) where we'll have him (and another surprise) on sale. Figures at the show will be $40.

I'll do an announcment once the store is open and everyone will have a chance to own one!

Or if you'll be in the Seattle area for Emerald City Comicon March 4th-6th you can come to the WorkingClassVillains table in artist alley (H-20) where we'll have him (and another surprise) on sale. Figures at the show will be $40.
    I wish I could go to the Con! I'd love to just get back to Seattle again soon. If the business takes off and you need a graphic designer full-time let me know.

P.S. - Can't wait to see the surprise!

i have said this numerous times....I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS FIGURE!!!!

it is looking GREAT!!!!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

A big fan of Slush Head
    This is totally awesome!! The figure is looking great!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I wish I could go to the Con! I'd love to just get back to Seattle again soon. If the business takes off and you need a graphic designer full-time let me know.

P.S. - Can't wait to see the surprise!

Next year then! Things are gonna get crazy next year at that show!

If I need a full time graphics dude, you'd be first on my list to call buddy. We already have a great working relationship (email coming your way soon about that)!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    i have said this numerous times....I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS FIGURE!!!!
    Not much longer on that wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    This is totally awesome!! The figure is looking great!
    Thanks Mike! Rest assured, Sectaurs.com WILL make it's debut, even if it kills me (which it probably will ).
    Last edited by Toygiant; February 16, 2011 at 12:12am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I just picked up a complete vintage one a couple weeks ago. I'm really wanting this updated one to go along with it.

Member of the Royal Family JimmyPSHayes's Avatar
    CANNOT wait for this! You guys really knocked it outta the park!
    I love it when a plan comes together.

This is a definate buy for me then.
    The way this figure was done, it looks like it totally fits in with MOTU even though it's based on a different brand.

Well, you are to blame for me having just purchased a vintage one MOC (I couldn't find a complete one ANYWHERE loose) and I just opened it. I also got Feldspar MOC but I feel slightly more guilty about opening it. The Crystar card was very yellowed. Feldspar still looks very good. I did get Moltar and Zardeth loose and complete though.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Well, you are to blame for me having just purchased a vintage one MOC (I couldn't find a complete one ANYWHERE loose) and I just opened it. I also got Feldspar MOC but I feel slightly more guilty about opening it. The Crystar card was very yellowed. Feldspar still looks very good. I did get Moltar and Zardeth loose and complete though.
    You should know that I'm the scourge of nearly all of my buddies wives & girlfriends for being a "bad influence" & getting their bo's into collecting toys. I'm used to the blame, so bring it on!

Nice scores, by the way. I always wondered why they chose the least 2 appealing characters to do variants on in that line. I like Zardeth & Ogeod now, but not as a kid. I remember being in high school (early 90s) and there were still Zardeth & Ogeods at my local Toys R Us.

Member of the Royal Family JimmyPSHayes's Avatar
    Did these every get made?
    I love it when a plan comes together.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    What's the latest update on Crystar?
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

A week or so ago on Facebook they said an announcement should be coming soon. That's all we really know at this point.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I so wish I had got in on this kick starter, I didn't find it until after it was closed. I think they'll have a small amount of surplus remaining for sale at their store though. I am gng to do my darndest to get one.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

That shouldn't be a problem. I believe the Kickstarter was just to get funds to get it going. I believe the intention is to make a good amount for the actual run that will go on sale. Things could have changed since then, of course, but I believe that was the original intention.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest