View Poll Results: Would you like Mattel to let us have more Power and Honour catalogues ?

Voters
174. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Yes! Yes! MATTEL LET THE POWER AND HONOUR GUYS GIVE US MORE !

163 93.68%
  • Nope Im not interested in any more Power and Honour catalogues.

11 6.32%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mattel WE WANT MORE! Who wants more Power and Honour catalogues ??? Let Mattel Know!

Mattel WE WANT MORE! Who wants more Power and Honour catalogues ??? Let Mattel Know!

Ok guys. The Power and the Honor catalogue was /IS one of the most amazing MOTU purchases you can get your hands on. Politics aside, the bottom line is that the guys at the Power and Honour did an amazing job in putting the first one together but alot of people still dont own one and I think practically everyone else wants many more volumes from these guys.
    So what im asking is this.

Please Mattel sort things out with the Power and Honour guys and let them produce and reprint more for us fans to buy.
    If you agree let MATTEL know here!

this should be good

It would be great if Scott Neitlich could take some time away from his busy marketing schedule to weigh in on this.
    HAVES: MOSS MAN, ADORA, Mantenna, King Randor
    WANTS: Webstor
    Toyguru Collector Supreme posted December 12, 2013 "Can't understand what you are asking. Sorry."
    Toyguru Marketing Manager Mattel posted March 16, 2014 "Every great project from toys to movie and a TV usually need a fan base to support it and an "internal champion" that keeps it going through the system."

There will never be a bigger "CHECK YOUR EGO" at the door of this meeting room to even get talk underway for this project.

And sadly Mattel will ask for the surrender of all the stuff they don't have that the P&H does so this will be a mess of a negotiations.

I'd like to get the first book and everything else that could possibly be released by the P&H if they ever were authorized to...
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Curse you iphone!

I meant to vote 'yes' but my massive thumbs over tiny next meant I voted 'no' by mistake. If love to see more designs
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

I think this may be my biggest personal tragedy of the line. All the fans I feel deserve a chance to own this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Curse you iphone!

I meant to vote 'yes' but my massive thumbs over tiny next meant I voted 'no' by mistake. If love to see more designs
    Aside from your accidental no, I don't understand why anyone would vote against this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    There will never be a bigger "CHECK YOUR EGO" at the door of this meeting room to even get talk underway for this project.

And sadly Mattel will ask for the surrender of all the stuff they don't have that the P&H does so this will be a mess of a negotiations.

I'd like to get the first book and everything else that could possibly be released by the P&H if they ever were authorized to...

I think this is the biggest hurdle that will never be cleared. The items would need to be restored to Mattel for them to play ball.

The book is amazing. Too bad that Mattel didn't produce more of the SDCC book they helped to publish and give more fans a chance to support it. They might have been surprised to see how many people are interested in stuff like this and then allow someone to publish more volumes like the Power and Honor Catalog.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

The problem is, Mattel will want to put their own team on making the book, using the artwork that the Foundation has collected, and the folks at Power and the Honor Foundation wants to use their team to make the book, since they spent the time collecting and restoring the artwork. Neither will budge on this, so no books will ever get made.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I voted for more. I own the first catalogue and it's gorgeous and very detailed. I love it. You can see all the time and care that was put into restoring the artwork and writing the narrative/descriptions. I truly believe this is one of the best pieces of MOTU we have ever received. I would absolutely love more.

Stuff like this is only a positive for everyone. It preserves MOTU knowledge and artwork that has been *lost* to time and shows everyone stuff they never knew existed. So awesome.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

PowerAndHonor:

Maybe their concern is not the artwork and just the rights? As long as nothing released, you guys can keep it? I mean it's just out of curiosity and if there are something's that can't be spoken of... it's all good.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Heroic Warrior
    I of course voted yes, I don't own the 1st book but was always planning on ordering then poof it was no longer available, and I understand why.

Of course I want more. It's sad that Mattel is what's preventing us from having more of these.

A real love letter to fans would be allowing more of these books to be produced.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Yes! I sold my catalog when I needed cash and I totally regret it. C'mon Matty, let 'em do it.

HELL yeah I want more.
    Mattel needs to stop operating the way they do, open up to this and other kinds of streams of revenue. if they allow publishing companies to license the project, it costs mattel NOTHING but whatever they pay their lawyers, and it brings money to them. Something like this which isn't a work of fiction requires very little proofing and approval. I don't understand why mattel doesn't want to make essentially FREE money.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cayman shen View Post
    Yes! I sold my catalog when I needed cash and I totally regret it. C'mon Matty, let 'em do it.

I know, I know. It was an idiotic, short sighted decision. I shoulda found the cash elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerAndHonor View Post
    Of course they don't want it released (well, unless they grab it from us and then release the art on their own or at their conditions - which is basically just excluding our names and contribution).
    We don't need permission to keep the art, we paid for it.
    But our mission is to share the art with all fans, not to keep it for ourselves.
    So, in light of the situation (no more books in the immediate future, because Mattel won't let you release it via your terms), in what way will the Foundation be sharing the artwork with fans? Will you have an online gallery for public viewing?

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    So, in light of the situation (no more books in the immediate future, because Mattel won't let you release it via your terms), in what way will the Foundation be sharing the artwork with fans? Will you have an online gallery for public viewing?
    They did just put together where you can buy the prototype moat artwork for Castle Grayskull.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    It is not a conspiracy or a personal vendetta, it is just business.

The Power and Honour Catalog is one of the greatest things to have ever entered the fan community, and the work they're doing is fantastic. I'm positive that they'd love to work with Mattel in an official capacity to allow this stuff to get into the hands of the loving fans.

For those not in the know, like me, what's a power and honour catalog?
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    For those not in the know, like me, what's a power and honour catalog?
    It was a book that was released in limited quantity featuring a lot of restored concept artwork and photographs from the behind-the-scenes development of the original MOTU. The Foundation has been acquiring and restoring massive amounts of art from the toys, cartoons, advertisements, and all sorts of media with the intention of preserving it for the fans.

Anyway, the argument that sticks - sorting out all the rights issues 30+ years later, and the insane amount of lawyerwork it would take to compile such a book... makes it sad, but yeah. I've gotta agree on that one. Now, if a dedicated fan wh is also a copyright lawyer would like to do all the footwork for just such a profit (for free), then that might change things.
    Last edited by Ridureyu; March 21, 2014 at 09:42pm.

I have the first volume and this book increased my subs to 3 this year just so I would have extras to try to build some of the awesome concepts from the first volume. This will only increase interest in MOTU. Legal hurdles aside, the first book only displayed art like a gallery. It made no political statements and actually gave very little history. But the cataloge was FUN.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerAndHonor View Post
    Mattel doesn't want us to share anything anywhere period.
    That doesn't mean we're surrendering or that we're complying to all they demand of course.
    In the meantime, we continue with the archival and restoration process. Doing exhibitions at conventions that ask us and getting ready for better times.
    What conventions do you have plans on attending any conventions in 2014?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    They did just put together where you can buy the prototype moat artwork for Castle Grayskull.
    I know and it turned out fantastic! I recommend anyone get it. The fact it turned out so awesome makes me want to see what else the Foundation has, that much more!