View Poll Results: If Filmation line took over Classics would you sub?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 31.13%
  • No

31 20.53%
  • Only if it fit with Classics in scale and parts used

88 58.28%
  • Only if it's smaller and cheaper

2 1.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If a Filmation Line took over Classics

If a Filmation Line took over Classics

If it was announced for 2016 Mattel is making a Filmation only line, meaning starting from scratch, a Filmation Ram Man, Clawful, Whiplash etc and all characters to varied scales, would you sub in?

Heroic Warrior
    I'd love to switch gears to nothing but filmation variants of previously released characters like he man, teela, evil lyn, clawful etc and new never been done figures like vultak , hunga, Dylamug, general sunder etc. but I want them in the same classics style and same buck reuse. I wouldn't want a changed style. I honestly think the filmation look has been successfully achieved in motuc aesthetic. Just look at Seahawk icer scorpia octavia shokoti razz broom lookee kowl glimmer adora she ra Marlena eternos randor etc. just continue that. The look the paint deco the head sculpts look just like they stepped out of the cartoon. Just avoid huge misses like filmation Hordak and frosta

I'd rather get more Filmation characters for classics. There are still lots of important characters who have yet to show up.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I would sub in a heartbeat. These are the figures I actually want!

An all Filmation line? No PoP or NA or 200x figures included? Hmmm....

A Filmation line makes a lot of sense. This is the He-Man that most people know, there are many characters that have very specific looks to Filmation and it's a chance to "start" over, but still release A-List characters.

He-Man
    Man at Arms
    Teela
    Beastman
    Merman
    Hordak
    Skeletor
    Leech
    Grizzlor
    Trapjaw
    Tung Lashor
    Clawful
    Hover Robot
    Sorceress
    Evil Seed
    Lord Masque
    Lizard Man
    Vultak
    etc, etc...

Adult Collector, that is a good point, there will be a lot of upset people that will be mad that NA and 200x are not continuing since they were not Filmation cartoons, so they would not be in this line, and I'm okay with that. But POP would, and it should, there are a lot of POP characters I still want to see. Like Hunga the Harpy, Sunder, Huntara, Dylamug, Sticky Fingers etc. But a lot more MotU that I want to see as well. I invested too much in the classics line to see it end, so making these characters using the same parts would great.

But there is also potential in starting over with a smaller scale line, like GI Joe. Cheaper figures, potential for accurate scaled accessories, dioramas vehicles and playsets. Dioramas like a new King and Queen with thrones they can sit on. Duncan and Tri-Klops workshops, Skeletor or Hordak's Throne rooms. And all the mistakes they learned from classics would be fixed as well. Wind Raider that can seat 4, The Collector, Horde Slave Transport. And did I mention cheaper figures.

YES, if it fits with Classics in scale.

I want Filmation variants (Mer-Man, Skeletor, Clawful, Leech ...) and new characters (Vultak, Hunga, General Sunder ...).
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List: FILMATION MER-MAN, Vultak, Peekablue, Laser-Light Skeletor, Hunga.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Yes I would if they fit in with Classics - basically what we have been getting so far with Filmation characters.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

this would be a big no for me...not a fan of the cartoon..plus ive got most of the guys i want.. no desire for toon looking variants...
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a DARKSIDE.

OK, so I'm not clear exactly what you're proposing.

Do you mean a line done in the same MOTUC scale & style, but containing ONLY filmation characters and versions of characters, or do you mean a line done in REDUCED detail like some uber-Filmation fanatics have been demanding?
    MOTUC most wanted: Skelcons, Satma, Lord Masque, Vultak, Great Black Wizard, Slime Pit Bone Warrior, Horde Wraith, Red Knight, Beast Lord, Illumina, Catra Cat Form, Evil Seed 200X, Old Man Marzo 200X, Prahvus, King Miro, Hunga the Harpy, Skeletor's Robot Knights, Lady Slither, Lady Valtira

Definitely!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, but depending on the price. If they were in scale with MotUC, I'd sell off all the figures that were based on the vintage toys and replace them with the Filmation versions.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

Here are the most popular Filmation characters from this year's official He-Man.org polling season. Also, some Filmation beasts would be welcome, like Nepthu's Sand Demons!

Filmation POP
    1st | R5,P1 | 7. Vultak (Filmation)
    2nd | R5,P1 | 8. Granita (Filmation, MOTU 80s daily newspaper comic)
    3rd | R5,P1 | 10. Dylamug (Filmation)
    4th | R5,P1 | 11. Hunga the Harpy (Filmation)
    5th | R5,P1 | 13. General Sunder (Filmation)
    6th | R4,P1 | 17. Catra Cat Form (Filmation)
    7th | R3,P1 | 17. King Ahgo (Filmation)
    8th | R3, P1 | 19. Melog (Filmation)
    9th | R3,P3; R3,P4 | 14. Colonel Blast (Filmation) & 14. Red Knight (Filmation)
    10th | R2,P1 | 12. Tung Lashor (Filmation)

Filmation MOTU
    1st | R5,P1 | 2. Lord Masque (Filmation)
    2nd | R5,P1 | 3. Lizard Man (Filmation)
    3rd | R5,P1 | 5. Skeletor's Robot Knights (Filmation)
    4th | R4,P2 | 13. Kittrina (Filmation)
    5th | R3,P1;R3,P2 | 13. Evilseed (Filmation) & 13. Delora (Filmation)
    6th | R3,P1;R3,P2 | 16. Illeena (Filmation) & 16. Hawke (Filmation)
    7th | R3,P1 | 18. King Helios (Filmation)
    8th | R3,P1 | 20. The Enchantress (Filmation)
    9th | R2,P6 | 11. Zilora (Filmation)
    10th | R2,P5;R2,P7;R2,P8 | 12. Horde Invaders (Ferros, Repta, Rachney - Filmation) & 12. Game Master (Filmation) & 12. Kol Darr (Filmation)

Court Magician
    Yes, this is what I always wanted! Never buy a Teela and Evilyn because I consider the MOTUC very out of Filmation!

I WANT MY TEELA AND EVILYN FILMATION!

Filmation-Print.jpgFilmation-Print2.jpgblog_widget_descriptions.jpgchar_84517.jpg

my TOP 20 Filmation

1- Teela
    2- Evilyn
    3- Widgets
    4- Merman
    5- Ram Man
    6- Clawful
    7- He-Man
    8- Skeletor
    9- Man At Arms
    10- Skeletor Robot Knights
    11- Beastman
    12- Mantenna
    13- Twiggets
    14- Hawke
    15- Melakatha
    16- Triclops
    17- Dree Elle/ Montor 2-pack
    18- Lizard Man
    19- Tung Lashor
    20- Christmas Special pack (Adam Santa Claus-Miguel-Alisha-Manchine puppy)

AND MORE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S'laargorath View Post
    OK, so I'm not clear exactly what you're proposing.

Do you mean a line done in the same MOTUC scale & style, but containing ONLY filmation characters and versions of characters, or do you mean a line done in REDUCED detail like some uber-Filmation fanatics have been demanding?
    I am asking if a Filmation line were to replace the classics line, would you sub in. But I know people have "if's"
    1. "Yes" meaning I'm in no matter what
    2. "No" means I don't care to start again or I don't care for Filmation
    3. Yes if in Classics parts, meaning you don't mind keeping the price the way it is as long as the line continues as you have invested years already and want to see this all the way through as the ultimate complete line, and don't mind receiving remakes of He-man and Skeletor Filmation style or maybe a Filmation heads pack every year for your existing Classics.
    4. Only if it's smaller and cheaper meaning, you are ready to start again and end Classics and do the line right at a smaller scale which would make it easier to create additional props, dioramas vehicles and beast Filmation accurate. Where a Castle Grayskull for a GI Joe sized He-man could cost $100 while $30 for The Collector or Horde Slave Transport. And maybe have action features.
    Last edited by Paul Justice; June 28, 2014 at 03:23am.

Heroic Warrior
    Only if it fit with Classics, in scale and in parts used. Period.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

though I voted "Only if it was Classics Scale & parts ect" what I really mean is "I really dont want an all filmation sub retreading all the characters, ect but if they did it like an extension of Classics I would feel bound to sub. So I kinda do not want a filmation sub.

Filmation characters for Classics-Yes.

A totally new Filmation line with Filmation variants of stuff Classics did better- No.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

If Failmation Hordak is anything to go by, they would probably all come with the regular classics heads anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    If Failmation Hordak is anything to go by, they would probably all come with the regular classics heads anyway.
    Ha! That is the point of a Filmation only line, no Classics heads, I would prefer they gave Filmation head packs for existing Classics figures. But knowing Mattel if they can get us to buy another He-man you already own with the only difference being the head, then I'm sure that is what they will do. But that is not a bad thing now that I think about it, as some characters need more than just a head change, buying another Skeletor, Filmation style means an accurate Filmation Havoc Staff and bone sword as well. An Accurate Filmation She-ra Sword that is identical to He-man's except the jewel, and maybe Sword transformations could be included, Sword to Shield, Sword to Rope etc. And of course an accurate Hordak as we all know the skin color and head is not the only change needed. Ram Man would be shorter etc.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd probably be interested if it were in Classics style? But to get variants of He-Man and Skeletor and the like I don't know?

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    I'd probably be interested if it were in Classics style? But to get variants of He-Man and Skeletor and the like I don't know?
    It's a tough call, getting Filmation accurate characters means less detail, which has got to cost less, but the other side is the Classics line is already Filmation heavy, so it would feel like a smooth transition. They will continue using the Classics bucks along with some new tooled ones, like Ram Man, I feel it would go well. The line will include majority never before done Filmation characters since very few Classic figures need complete rehauls. All the stuff I mentioned for Skeletor and She-ra could be in a Filmation Weapon's pack, so no need to redo Skeletor, just put him in a heads pack and wala.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Filmation characters for Classics-Yes.

A totally new Filmation line with Filmation variants of stuff Classics did better- No.
    This. I'm happy with what I got already.

If it's a style that is dramatically different than the Classic version like Tung of Clawful then fine but I don't need a Filmation Skeletor or He-Man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Here are the most popular Filmation characters from this year's official He-Man.org polling season. Also, some Filmation beasts would be welcome, like Nepthu's Sand Demons!

Filmation POP
    1st | R5,P1 | 7. Vultak (Filmation)
    2nd | R5,P1 | 8. Granita (Filmation, MOTU 80s daily newspaper comic)
    3rd | R5,P1 | 10. Dylamug (Filmation)
    4th | R5,P1 | 11. Hunga the Harpy (Filmation)
    5th | R5,P1 | 13. General Sunder (Filmation)
    6th | R4,P1 | 17. Catra Cat Form (Filmation)
    7th | R3,P1 | 17. King Ahgo (Filmation)
    8th | R3, P1 | 19. Melog (Filmation)
    9th | R3,P3; R3,P4 | 14. Colonel Blast (Filmation) & 14. Red Knight (Filmation)
    10th | R2,P1 | 12. Tung Lashor (Filmation)

Filmation MOTU
    1st | R5,P1 | 2. Lord Masque (Filmation)
    2nd | R5,P1 | 3. Lizard Man (Filmation)
    3rd | R5,P1 | 5. Skeletor's Robot Knights (Filmation)
    4th | R4,P2 | 13. Kittrina (Filmation)
    5th | R3,P1;R3,P2 | 13. Evilseed (Filmation) & 13. Delora (Filmation)
    6th | R3,P1;R3,P2 | 16. Illeena (Filmation) & 16. Hawke (Filmation)
    7th | R3,P1 | 18. King Helios (Filmation)
    8th | R3,P1 | 20. The Enchantress (Filmation)
    9th | R2,P6 | 11. Zilora (Filmation)
    10th | R2,P5;R2,P7;R2,P8 | 12. Horde Invaders (Ferros, Repta, Rachney - Filmation) & 12. Game Master (Filmation) & 12. Kol Darr (Filmation)
    I'd buy almost all of these. Honestly many of these characters appeal to me more than what is left in Classics like Manwithwheelinchest, Robot-Modulok, and Duck-feet Ninja Warrior.

I'm not interested in MOTU at a different scale PERIOD. Oh, I might pick up one or two for kicks, but I'm not starting another large collection. If Matty wants to keep selling me He-Man figures, they need to keep the size in line with what I've already got.

That said, I would very much enjoy a year or two of the line focusing on Filmation.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.