View Poll Results: Which version of He-Ro II (Dare) do you want in MOTUC?

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • Filmation Barbarian look (similar to He-Man)

68 43.87%
  • New Adventures He-Man repaint look

38 24.52%
  • I do not want either

49 31.61%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Version of He-Ro II Do You Want?

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    Personally, I still like the original Filmation design better. It's more distinct. The NA version just looks like something I could kitbash right now. I feel that the He-Ro should be something more than a simple NA He-Man repaint, that's all.
    I think that this is the point. Leave it to Mattel to get the most out of old parts....

It's probably safe to say that we will see this NA version of Dare/He-Ro sooner than later. I mean, all the parts are already there..... just needs new paint apps...

My vote: I do not want either.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Filmation version.
    I love an all inclusive canon!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I don't mind either way really but I voted NA version. As that's how he appeared in the comic I think it's safe to assume that's the figure we are getting.

Only interested in a Gray figure, featured on Eldor's cardart.

Heroic Warrior
    Neither, please.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

To be honest, both looks are really lazy, uninspired rehashes of He-Man himself, so what's the point? It's inexcusable, especially when every vintage He-Man variant is more visually striking. A major shift in the storyline to promote the "next generation" cannot afford to offer lacklustre concepts and ideas. As it is new and unfamiliar, it's essential to have a wow factor, and that is sorely lacking in this case. Overall I'm interested in exploring the Son of He-Man era, but Dare/He-Ro II really needs a unique look that references his famous dad in a much more subtle way. Same goes for Skeleteen. Let's face it - the SOH character designs are weak. It would have potential to be great if the 4H were given free reign...
    Last edited by Durendal; March 22, 2014 at 04:51pm.

Neither, please! If we are going to base an entirely new era on one character, that character needs to be unique. Dressing him up in Dad's armor is just insulting. TRY HARDER. Give him a new look. IF ANYTHING, give him armor that is reminiscent of the Preternian He-Ro, like the chest plate.

But, seriously...If he is to be the central character, HE HAS TO HAVE HIS OWN LOOK AND IDENTITY. The NA look was already used...in NA!!! It's been done! The Filmation look is far too barbarian-looking for how far forward we've gone into the future, with Primus technology, etc., and honestly just looks way to much like Filmation He-Man (sorry, but it does).

Give the poor guy his own look. The same goes for his blue cousin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    To be honest, both looks are really lazy, uninspired rehashes of He-Man himself, so what's the point? It's inexcusable, especially when every vintage He-Man variant is more visually striking. A major shift in the storyline to promote the "next generation" cannot afford to offer lacklustre concepts and ideas. As it is new and unfamiliar, it's essential to have a wow factor, and that is sorely lacking in this case. Overall I'm interested in exploring the Son of He-Man era, but Dare/He-Ro II really needs a unique look that references his famous dad in a much more subtle way. Same goes for Skeleteen. Let's face it - the SOH character designs are weak. It would have potential to be great if the 4H were given free reign...
    OMG. You've read my mind.

Here's something to consider: Leading up to Dare's era, the UNO has lain waste to Trolla. Dare is going to have to come up against the biggest enemy of the beings who created the Power Sword in the first place. Seems that the remaining Trollans might want to dig deep, as deep as possible, and recall the purest, most ancient power of the gods that forged the sword in the first place...giving it a super charge and giving Dare an empowered form that resembles perhaps the very first wielder of the sword, or the armor of the gods from which the Power came.

NOT Daddy's space suit.
    Last edited by Kreann'ot; April 10, 2014 at 09:28pm.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

DRAGSTOR IS COMING SOON!

How about both?

Merge both story-lines and make the boys cousins.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    Neither, please! If we are going to base an entirely new era on one character, that character needs to be unique. Dressing him up in Dad's armor is just insulting. TRY HARDER. Give him a new look. IF ANYTHING, give him armor that is reminiscent of the Preternian He-Ro, like the chest plate.

But, seriously...If he is to be the central character, HE HAS TO HAVE HIS OWN LOOK AND IDENTITY. The NA look was already used...in NA!!! It's been done! The Filmation look is far too barbarian-looking for how far forward we've gone into the future, with Primus technology, etc., and honestly just looks way to much like Filmation He-Man (sorry, but it does)..
    I disagree about the Filmation look. Dare IS a He-Man, so I think that he should resemble him without being an exact copy.

Besides, Eternia isn't a high tech world like Primus. People still dress up in furs and bracers.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I disagree about the Filmation look. Dare IS a He-Man, so I think that he should resemble him without being an exact copy.

Besides, Eternia isn't a high tech world like Primus. People still dress up in furs and bracers.
    Dare is not and will never be He-Man. There is only one real He-Man. And he is not going to be replaced by a poor knock off.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Dare is not and will never be He-Man. There is only one real He-Man. And he is not going to be replaced by a poor knock off.
    If we were to get this figure in a subscription, I'd rather have the Filmation version, not the NA repaint.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post

I agree, He should have his own unique look. at the very least a new armor piece, and new evolved powersword. as well as being without a dought HE mans son.and it is the future right so im kinda leaning towards NA. just because we need a more more futureistic SOH. as well some of these new charectors, to be sort of [DE GOOFAFIDE] in a sence. Major Headers powers, are a result of a similar spell that was used to create Two Bad. making his disembodied head nie indesructable.

that NETTA character, fine well need two forms of her one normaly proportioned and her larger powered up form. but like I said use a much less goofy looking apperence or these great ideas may fall flat.I implore MATTEL please do not go with the overly Gooffy looking charectors just to try to appeal to a younger audience.I hope we dont go from a adult collectors line to a more kiddish one. some of the other charectors, I might be able to stomach. TRI Beast, Hans hand holder,Bubblor,the big eye guy look like they could be very awesome figs. it would be nice if we could vote and sort of tweak the appearance, of many of these SOH charectors. that we may or may not get anyways if enuff subs aren't sold.

also even if we endure and suport this line thro 2016. despite many of these new concepts, that some of us may or may not want. and stay MOC,or be sold may even be killed off, in or own mythos.MATTEL will create the demand, for the new Castle Grayskull looking Temple of power.and Lady Slither Castle that we see in the new mini comic. witch resides in Trolla, along with the new SOH era? I just hope also, that there is some form of continuity. in the whole story line, and much care is taken to give us a solid continuity. in the time line, even if there is some time travelling going on?so having said all that I relunctantly,vote NA.

The only He-Ro (and for that matter Son of He-Man) stuff I want are from the Filmation concepts.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Only interested in a Gray figure, featured on Eldor's cardart.
    Yes, we definitely need that.

The only He-Ro I care about is The Powers of Grayskull one. That era is still bursting with untapped potential.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    The "Filmation"/cartoon version get my vote. Both versions may be "rip offs" of He-man, but that cartoon version still looks a bit more unique. The comic version literally looks like NA He-Man with brown hair and silver armor. The 'toon version is also what we've seen and known for several years now. This other version kind of came out of nowhere in the comic (I don't recall any previously visual showing of that incarnation of him).

Though technically from what I recall, wasn't the show, had it actually proceeded forward, going to be done by DIC? The cartoon bible is from after Filmation had shut down, and I thought I recalled reading that back when it was revealed (not that this really matters for the purposes of this poll... just a clarification on the 'origins' of this concept of He-Ro).

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Neither.

Don't waste one of the precious remaining slots on a fig that people could easily make a custom of themselves
    MOTUC most wanted: Skelcons, Satma, Lord Masque, Vultak, Great Black Wizard, Slime Pit Bone Warrior, Horde Wraith, Red Knight, Beast Lord, Illumina, Catra Cat Form, Evil Seed 200X, Old Man Marzo 200X, Prahvus, King Miro, Hunga the Harpy, Skeletor's Robot Knights, Lady Slither, Lady Valtira

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Now that I think about it, the biggest conflict between the two designs are the legs, since the mini-comic version is wearing full length blue pants and the cartoon version isn't.

Both looks can otherwise be accomplished with swappable part options. He could come with the cartoon inspired chest harness and the recolored NA He-Man armor. Then they could give him two heads... one based on the comic look (basically an NA He-Man head with brown hair), and then a newly sculpted head based more literally on the cartoon look. Accessory wise this is on par with what NA He-man came with (two heads and a hardness and the larger armor).

I'm not sure how to resolve the legs issue though. Maybe have some kind of snap on blue armor that can go over his legs. Or just use the NA He-Man body if one want to give him blue pants.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Hmm....NA or Filmation....my answer's gonna have to be....carrots. I mean, no. I like Filmation, but if ToyGuru's REALLY serious about including the Son of He-Man era in MOTUC, he'd BETTER put some effort into giving him a new design. Hell, make Dare look like a Knight. Or a pirate, ala Sea Hawk. Why not? We've seen barbarians and space-men, so I'm pretty sure MOTUC could use some more Pirate characters.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I want the Filmation barbarian look. And his lion steed is awesome re-use of Battle Lion's sculpt!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Definitely the more barbarian, savage look for me. He kind of reminds me of Kamandi.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"