View Poll Results: Filmation Variants In 2016, Which Are The Ones You Want See & Buy ?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Filmation Prince Adam

21 20.39%
  • Filmation He-Man

30 29.13%
  • Filmation Teela

54 52.43%
  • Filmation Man-At-Arms

19 18.45%
  • Filmation Cringer

26 25.24%
  • Filmation Skeletor

40 38.83%
  • Filmation Evil-Lyn

35 33.98%
  • Filmation Beast-Man

27 26.21%
  • Filmation Trap-Jaw

24 23.30%
  • Filmation Mer-Man

29 28.16%
  • Filmation Tri-Klops

23 22.33%
  • Filmation Clawful

56 54.37%
  • Filmation Hordak

79 76.70%
  • Filmation Count Marzo

38 36.89%
  • Filmation Evil-Seed

42 40.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Filmation Variants In 2016, Which Are The Ones You Want See & Buy ?

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar

Filmation Variants In 2016, Which Are The Ones You Want See & Buy ?

All Right People ! Even though I am happy to see Org’s 2016 Character Selection Poll Playoffs, I am one of those guys who is not happy to see variants & new characters mashed up in one poll format. I hate this idea for TWO reasons !

1) Variants OR New Characters Unfairly Taking Each Others Slot ! Basically, this ruins the whole fun (at least for me) ! I LOVE Snake Armour He-Man & I ABSOLUTELY love 200X King Hiss. But I hate seeing one among them getting kicked out of the poll because of the each other or by another new character !

2) Conspiracy Over Variants ! That's Right !! Some people "hates" seeing variants in MOTUC ! I know few people talked about "dumping" the variants to the bottom on playoff polls with new characters that they even know ! On the other hand, I don't want them either. Because why do you want to "force" something on a person who hates that to see with passion ?

As a result, I've decided to make a series of polls EXCLUSIVE for variants ! Making unique polls on variants might help us to get a "clear picture" on variants that we expect to see in 2016 !

So, to kick things off, I am starting Filmation Variants !

It’s time to see how many Filmation variants will have the power to be part of the MOTUC Legacy !

NOTE 1: This Poll Has MULTIPLE VOTING OPTION ! If You Want To See Filmation Skeletor & Filmation Clawful, You Can Vote For BOTH !! So You Can Vote For AS MANY AS CHARACTERS YOU WANT !!

NOTE 2: Please Share Your Thoughts Along With Your Votes !

NOTE 3: PLEASE....... Let Us Not Go Into Discussions Like "I Not Interested In Filmation Variants" "Filmation Variants Are Waste" ETC, Because This Poll Is For Those Who Are INTERESTED In Filmation Variants ! This Thread & Poll Is NOT Meant For Those Types Of Debates !!!
    Last edited by TUC138; April 13, 2014 at 02:47am.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Conspiracy Over Variants ! That's Right !! Some people "hates" seeing variants in MOTUC ! I know few people talked about "dumping" the variants to the bottom on playoff polls
    Sadly true!

I want:

1. FILMATION MER-MAN (My #1 most wanted figure!)
    2. Filmation Clawful
    3. Filmation Skeletor
    4. Filmation Hordak
    5. Filmation Leech (not on the poll)
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List: FILMATION MER-MAN, Vultak, Peekablue, Laser-Light Skeletor, Hunga.

you didnt put tung lashor
    WISHLIST: Lodar, Green and Purple demons, Gwildor, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Mermista, Prince Dakon, Tung Lashor, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Lizard Man, Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

Heroic Warrior
    I voted for just 2 (Clawful, Hordak), the rest are just too similar to matter to me. A couple heads is all they really would need.

Not that anybody cares, but TEELA, EVIL LYN, COUNT MARZO and EVIL SEED for me. Actually, I only have BG TEELA, and no EVIL LYN. I'm crossing my fingers for FILMATION versions.

Must....have....COUNT....MARZO!!!
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Court Magician
    i want:

1- FILMATION TEELA
    2- FILMATION EVIL-LYN
    3- FILMATION HORDAK

4- FILMATION MANTENNA
    5- Filmation He-Man
    6- Filmation Clawful
    7- Filmation Skeletor
    8- Filmation Mer-Man
    9- Filmation BeastMan
    10- Filmation Trap Jaw

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Hordak, Count Marzo and Evil-Seed for me (I hope they make the 200X Evil-Seed with an alternate Filmation head and cloak to cover up the body...2 figures in one).
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Not really interested in Filmation variants but I would buy an Evilseed, Clawful and Tung Lashor.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Tung Lashor, Queen Angela & Lodar

I voted for all of them.

Though my most wanted are He-Man, Skeletor and Hordak.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Evilseed and maybe Hordak. Otherwise I have ZERO interest in these and would actually consider not subbing if it meant lots of these types.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Merman
    Tung Lashor
    Leech
    Most Wanted MOTUC: Dragstor, Kittrina, Lizard man, Filmation Merman, Blast Attack, Angella, Dragoon, Tung Lashor

Sorry, no interest in Filmation variants.

Hope fans of them get some though.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

1) Filmation Hordak--2) Filmation Teela (if not the whole figure, at least the head)
    3) Clawful--since he is very different from the vintage figure.

The only one I'd have any interest in is Hordak. I'd like a Filmation Skeletor head, but I don't need an entire figure for that. Zero interest in the rest, and like Uki above, too many of these would stop me from subbing. They are too similar to what we already have. Maybe they should just try a Filmation variant mini sub.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    !

2) Conspiracy Over Variants ! That's Right !! Some people "hates" seeing variants in MOTUC ! I know few people talked about "dumping" the variants to the bottom on playoff polls with new characters that they even know ! On the other hand, I don't want them either. Because why do you want to "force" something on a person who hates that to see with passion ?
    That's not a "conspiracy", my friend. That's the nature of a poll. Some people are pushing all Filmation characters to the top and pushing everyone else to the bottom. I agree it is irritating. It drives me crazy. I take EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER on a case by case consideration, and I make a point of learning about the characters I didn't already know, but people are still going to vote for what they like and push what they don't like to the bottom. There isn't anything unfair about it, as crappy as it might feel to see your favorites fall out of the running (as many of mine have). That's just how voting works. No conspiracy about it, just people's likes and dislikes.
    Last edited by Kreann'ot; April 10, 2014 at 08:33pm.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

Just Filmation Hordak from that list (although I'd love a bulkier Filmation Modulok, hairless Filmation Grizzlor and a repainted Filmation Entrapta too)
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

I voted for a lot of them but for many I would be fine just getting a Filmation Head pack for. Specifically He-man, Skeletor, Teela, and Merman. Man At Arms could be done with an armor pack IMO. Trap Jaw just needs some of his Filmation accessories. But Clawful and Hordak deffinately need new Filmation Accurate figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    I'd like a Filmation Skeletor head, but I don't need an entire figure for that.
    I see a lot of posters mention that they'd be fine with only a FILMation head for Skeletor. That really wouldn't work for him.

FILMation Skeletor's hood is connected to his pauldrons and chest armor. He also has non-finned arms and wears boots, not bare feet. He'd also need a new FILMation accurate Havoc Staff as well.

If FILMation Skeletor is going to be done, I'd like him done right. If not, what's the point? I understand some people might not really care too much, but if that's the case, they may as well just use the DC VS MOTU 2-pack Skeletor head as their FILMation Skeletor. It'll have just about the same level of inaccuracy. If a variant is going to be released, do it right for the fans of that variant. We really don't need another Battleground Evil-Lyn situation, where 200X fans felt cheated because she wasn't an accurate 200X Evil-Lyn.

While I'll take just about any FILMation variant they produce, I think it would be a shame if He-Man, Skeletor and Hordak aren't released in their highly iconic FILMation designs for MOTUC. She-Ra has been made with her iconic FILMation design and I feel the other "Big Three" deserve the same.
    Last edited by dedset13; April 11, 2014 at 05:35pm.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Filmation Skeletor please, since he's iconic and all.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Filmation Hordak...

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    I see a lot of posters mention that they'd be fine with only a FILMation head for Skeletor. That really wouldn't work for him.

FILMation Skeletor's hood is connected to his pauldrons and chest armor. He also has non-finned arms and wears boots, not bare feet. He'd also need a new FILMation accurate Havoc Staff as well.

If FILMation Skeletor is going to be done, I'd like him done right. If not, what's the point? I understand some people might not really care too much, but if that's the case, they may as well just use the DC VS MOTU 2-pack Skeletor head as their FILMation Skeletor. It'll have just about the same level of inaccuracy. If a variant is going to be released, do it right for the fans of that variant. We really don't need another Battleground Evil-Lyn situation, where 200X fans felt cheated because she wasn't an accurate 200X Evil-Lyn.

While I'll take just about any FILMation variant they produce, I think it would be a shame if He-Man, Skeletor and Hordak aren't released in their highly iconic FILMation designs for MOTUC. She-Ra has been made with her iconic FILMation design and I feel the other "Big Three" deserve the same.
    I get all of that. I guess I'm just not that hyper-obsessed with all the little details. I like the Skeletor I have because he is an (IMO) improved version of the vintage toy I had as a kid. I'm not all that interested in any Filmation re-dos (even though I was definitely a Filmation kid), except that I saw Kevin Kosse's Filmation Skeletor head and I loved it. I'd be fine with that.

The difference between our wants is that you ARE interested in Filmation variants. That's awesome! I'm not, but I wouldn't mind the novelty of having a cartoon accurate head to place on the figure I already have. I'm not that fussed about the details. I like the Skeletor I have. My focus is on wanting characters I don't yet have. That's ok too. No one's right or wrong here.
    Last edited by Kreann'ot; April 11, 2014 at 07:30pm.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

The difference between our wants is that you ARE interested in Filmation variants. That's awesome! I'm not, but I wouldn't mind the novelty of having a cartoon accurate head to place on the figure I already have. I'm not that fussed about the details. I like the Skeletor I have. My focus is on wanting characters I don't yet have. That's ok too. No one's right or wrong here.
    I never tried to imply anyone was right or wrong concerning their wants. I was stating that there's a right way and a wrong way to make a legitimate variant.

Like I said earlier, I understand that some people might not really care too much. You've sated that you are one of the people who DOESN'T. That's totally fine. If Mattel were to release just the FILMation head, those who DO really want a legitimate FILMation Skeletor will be disappointed, just like those who wanted a true 200X Evil-Lyn.

In short, if you're going to do something, do it right for those who care about it. Those who don't care, won't be fussed either way.

I never tried to imply anyone was right or wrong concerning their wants. I was stating that there's a right way and a wrong way to make a legitimate variant.

Like I said earlier, I understand that some people might not really care too much. You've sated that you are one of the people who DOESN'T. That's totally fine. If Mattel were to release just the FILMation head, those who DO really want a legitimate FILMation Skeletor will be disappointed, just like those who wanted a true 200X Evil-Lyn.

In short, if you're going to do something, do it right for those who care about it. Those who don't care, won't be fussed either way.
    Aw, you misunderstood me. I wasn't trying to imply that YOU said anyone was right or wrong. I was saying it in defense of my own wants, given the topic of the thread. It was me saying, "These are my interests, everyone...please don't kill me." Lol. Mainly because I was fairly certain that someone is bound to take offense at my not wanting what they want. You know how these forums go. It was my preemptive defense, not an offensive. Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by Kreann'ot; April 11, 2014 at 08:09pm.

Aw, you misunderstood me. I wasn't trying to imply that YOU said anyone was right or wrong. I was saying it in defense of my own wants, given the topic of the thread. It was me saying, "These are my interests, everyone...please don't kill me." Lol. Mainly because I was fairly certain that someone is bound to take offense at my not wanting what they want. You know how these forums go. It was my preemptive defense, not an offensive. Sorry for the confusion.
    No problem. I see what you mean.

HERES MY THOUGHT:

I dont get it. Im sorry guys but I after 3 weeks I still dont.
    whats the problem here? that youre variant will not make the top 30? so what? It implies that that figure is less demanded over other stronger figures.
    I dont get it, sorry. We're trying to know who are the most requested characters in the line, including variants and all, in order to SELL a more attractive sub and make it a go for 2016. EVERYTHING IS IN THE SAME FRIGGIN' POT but I see just filmation fans screaming that is unfair! so where is my mini-comic exclusive Poll? because theres no way that mini-comic charcters are going to fight in that poll with filmation variants! because, you know, that figures are DESERVED (pretty strange word, uh?)
    so if youre favourite variant will not make it - AGAIN - its just there are figures more desiderable in the lot that means that MORWE PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO BUY THEM over your favourite characters. ergo there are more possibilities to SELL the sub.
    I dont have my Adobe suitinstalled in the laptop otherwise I would use some program and make you a chart.
    its not so diffucult ti understand.

then, if you act like a childish fan that really cant stand about seeing his favoruite filmation variants out of the game because you wont undertand how it works properly, its another story....remmeber that I could say the same for my mini-comic characters tough

PERIOD.

dont worry that your iconic figures will not make it, so stop believing. the only three filmation charcaters that I can see make trhe top are hordak of course, tung lashor, clawful and teela (just because there are a lot of collectors still missing her).

- - - Updated - - -

The only one I'd have any interest in is Hordak. I'd like a Filmation Skeletor head, but I don't need an entire figure for that. Zero interest in the rest, and like Uki above, too many of these would stop me from subbing. They are too similar to what we already have. Maybe they should just try a Filmation variant mini sub.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not a "conspiracy", my friend. That's the nature of a poll. Some people are pushing all Filmation characters to the top and pushing everyone else to the bottom. I agree it is irritating. It drives me crazy. I take EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER on a case by case consideration, and I make a point of learning about the characters I didn't already know, but people are still going to vote for what they like and push what they don't like to the bottom. There isn't anything unfair about it, as crappy as it might feel to see your favorites fall out of the running (as many of mine have). That's just how voting works. No conspiracy about it, just people's likes and dislikes.
    this (as usual)
    Last edited by Delthaindia; April 12, 2014 at 07:36pm.
    WISHLIST: Lodar, Green and Purple demons, Gwildor, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Mermista, Prince Dakon, Tung Lashor, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Lizard Man, Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    No my friend.......... It is INDEED a "Conspiracy" ! If you are polling for your beloved new characters over the variants, there is NO wrong in that ! But, you can't deny that there are people who hates variants in general. They've already stated that they will "dump" the variants to the bottom with characters that they never even heard of ! Do you want to see their posts ?? I respect if someone has no interest over variants, but why "shove" that on polls ? Why “dump” variants & vote obscure characters “just for the polls sake” ? This is why I hated Org new characters-variants mashed up playoff polls right from the start !

Not only this, some people are not realizing that conspiracy over variants & "dumping" them to the bottom with obscure characters on polls will be WRONG message/feedback for Mattel !

Let’s take a super obscure character, for instance, Yellow Tug-O-War guy here, And take Filmation Mer-Man on the other side. Let’s assume Yellow Tug-O-War gets more votes from people who hates variants in general, Mattel might think that he is more popular & a better selling product than Filmation Mer-Man. THAT’S A WRONG Message To Mattel !

Now let’s assume he is getting made in 2016, I promise you........... I bet you........... He’ll be a SUPER DUPER Peg Warmer item for that year ! But if Filmation Mer-Man gets made, I am sure he will sell well ! He will sell well because of one word........... Popularity !!! If anybody who watched Filmation cartoon in the past (& doesn't collects MOTUC now) sees this figure, he "might" buy it for his nonstalgia ! Now tell me how many will buy the Yellow Tug-O-War guy if gets made ? Will he attract the casual fans ?? NO WAY !!!

Thank you ! I think this pretty much summons up for those says only Filmation heads are good enough !

Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    HERES MY THOUGHT:

I dont get it. Im sorry guys but I after 3 weeks I still dont.
    whats the problem here? that youre variant will not make the top 30? so what? It implies that that figure is less demanded over other stronger figures.
    I dont get it, sorry. We're trying to know who are the most requested characters in the line, including variants and all, in order to SELL a more attractive sub and make it a go for 2016. EVERYTHING IS IN THE SAME FRIGGIN' POT but I see just filmation fans screaming that is unfair! so where is my mini-comic exclusive Poll? because theres no way that mini-comic charcters are going to fight in that poll with filmation variants! because, you know, that figures are DESERVED (pretty strange word, uh?)
    so if youre favourite variant will not make it - AGAIN - its just there are figures more desiderable in the lot that means that MORWE PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO BUY THEM over your favourite characters. ergo there are more possibilities to SELL the sub.
    I dont have my Adobe suitinstalled in the laptop otherwise I would use some program and make you a chart.
    its not so diffucult ti understand.

then, if you act like a childish fan that really cant stand about seeing his favoruite filmation variants out of the game because you wont undertand how it works properly, its another story....remmeber that I could say the same for my mini-comic characters tough

PERIOD.

dont worry that your iconic figures will not make it, so stop believing. the only three filmation charcaters that I can see make trhe top are hordak of course, tung lashor, clawful and teela (just because there are a lot of collectors still missing her).

Firstly, This poll is ONLY for those who are INTERESTED In Filmation Variants ! The Title Of This Thread Reads That Way ! If you have nothing to do with filmation variants, then why even bother looking this ?

Secondly, before your “childish rants”, try to understand that there is a difference between variants & new characters ! This is why I blame the weird polling system by mashing variants & new characters as one. Because of this, we are not going to get a clear pictures on both since, both are taking each others spots "unfairly" ! And, you talk about your mini comic figure desires (which I totally respect) & exclusive poll for that...... Well, you can make one if you want. But I certainly won’t act like a “childish fan” & post my rants in that !!

Thirdly, You are NOT a Mattel higher-up guy to say which Filmation Variants are out of the game ! You simply don’t have the power to say that unless you are a brand manager of this line !!
    Last edited by TUC138; April 13, 2014 at 04:23am.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !