Thread: Do you believe in soul mates?

Hybrid View

Heroic Warrior

Do you believe in soul mates?

As the title states, I would like to put forth this question: do you believe in soul mates? Is there just one perfect person for you above all others? There have been many suitors in my life but after a decade, I have been unable to get over this one beau. So, I put forth the ponderie: did I miss my one chance at happiness?
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and and original here

I'm starting to believe that there *can* be if the situation presents itself along the way. I'm in a similar situation myself currently. Dated plenty of women over the years, never really had an issue with break ups, broke up with my last GF a few months ago and CANNOT stop missing or thinking about her to this day for the life of me.

I tried all sorts of crap and have dated women since it happened even as I write this and no thing works. I can't even get in to them with out thinking about her...!!

Hell....she's seeing some one right now as well, yet we can't stop communicating through texts and such trying to sooth each others pain....

Talking about how we still miss and love each other, but yet here we are seeing other people, while these *other* situations seem to do no thing for us and we can't get each other out of our heads while we try to figure things out....So it's not just me feeling this either...There's some sort of connection that actually pains our souls not being together...

She describes the SAME crap that I'm feeling....Weird stuff...

That all said... there's gotta be something to what you're talking about with the whole soul mate thing....I wouldn't of believed it back in the day, but something's going on that I can't explain....

And for the record...it's not just being in "love," it's MUCH deeper then that....
    Last edited by Riddle of Steel; April 14, 2014 at 04:22am.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by True Form View Post
    Do you believe in soul mates?
    No I don't. It's funny how people tend to find "one of kind soul mates" within their local vicinity. I would think that finding someone as rare as that in your own hometown would be statistically impossible among the billions of people that inhabit the world.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I'm an idealistic, hopeless romantic, and even I don't believe in soul mates.

I thought I'd found mine, and I was stupid enough to let him get away. The day we met we were speaking to each other for all of two minutes, and we were already finishing each others sentences. We were so much alike it was scary. We had the same taste in EVERYTHING. He's now married and has three children, but I can't help but think about him every so often. It's been almost ten years now.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

100% in a way...

lol, I believe in them but I believe in MULTIPLE soul mates. some are platonically your soul mate, some are romantically. I met my gf 19 years ago. she was visiting Canada from Jamaica and we INSTANTLY hit it off, we have been friends ince but the lack of $$ and the distance messed thnigs up for a while, but we found each other again. still isn't easy but we are working on fixing the distance thing.

I have friends that I bond with like that too, but it's platonic. so I believe in soul mates, but I believe in multiples.

Quote Originally Posted by flutterina View Post
    I thought I'd found mine, and I was stupid enough to let him get away. The day we met we were speaking to each other for all of two minutes, and we were already finishing each others sentences. We were so much alike it was scary. We had the same taste in EVERYTHING. He's now married and has three children, but I can't help but think about him every so often. It's been almost ten years now.
    Flutterina, I could have been in your position, when my GF was here I had contact with her through a friend whom I believed was her cousin, little did I know it was a family friend thing and he was jealous of the instant chemistry she and I had. So he stopped inviting her out. One day (two days before she left) I said to myself, 'I don't want her to leave the country and I never see her again." so I went behind his back (after weeks of begging him to invite her back out while he responded with non responses) drove to her uncle's house after lunch and boy was she happy to see me! we spent the next two days together and exchanged numbers. I am SO glad I was proactive with that.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    100% in a way...

lol, I believe in them but I believe in MULTIPLE soul mates. some are platonically your soul mate, some are romantically. I met my gf 19 years ago. she was visiting Canada from Jamaica and we INSTANTLY hit it off, we have been friends ince but the lack of $$ and the distance messed thnigs up for a while, but we found each other again. still isn't easy but we are working on fixing the distance thing.

I have friends that I bond with like that too, but it's platonic. so I believe in soul mates, but I believe in multiples.

Flutterina, I could have been in your position, when my GF was here I had contact with her through a friend whom I believed was her cousin, little did I know it was a family friend thing and he was jealous of the instant chemistry she and I had. So he stopped inviting her out. One day (two days before she left) I said to myself, 'I don't want her to leave the country and I never see her again." so I went behind his back (after weeks of begging him to invite her back out while he responded with non responses) drove to her uncle's house after lunch and boy was she happy to see me! we spent the next two days together and exchanged numbers. I am SO glad I was proactive with that.
    I think you're on to something with the multiple soul mate idea. I've had friends that were/are platonic, and we share a deep connection but it's different than a "romantic" soul mate. It's possible to form connections with people on a deeper level than some would even believe was possible. That's how I would define a soul mate.

And I'm glad to hear you at least got to see her before you left. Did you maintain contact with her at all?
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Master of New Adventures!
    Yeah? I used to think the same way. Just wait until it happens to you. And when I does I'll appreciate an update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    I'm an idealistic, hopeless romantic, and even I don't believe in soul mates.

neh that rarely happens

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Maybe True Form should clarify her definition of "soul mate". You guys seem to have a very different interpretation of it than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by True Form View Post
    Is there just one perfect person for you above all others?
    I don't believe in this.

I believe you can choose to make someone important to you above all others, but I don't believe there is any inherent perfection in the match. It isn't something unique and cosmic. If someone that you loved more than life itself died, I personally believe you could very well find someone else you love just as much sometime down the road.

Heroic Warrior
    I think in the old days when people were literary forced to be married wheter they liked each other or not.....I think some of them grew to love each other over time but just like with "serious" couples they had their bad days
    Last edited by Wonder Bread He-Man; May 2, 2014 at 12:08pm.
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Yes, I do. No, I haven't met him yet, but I know he's there. I do think most people feel you must have a romantic relationship in order to be soulmates, but I feel the bond goes beyond that.
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    After all of the crap I've been into, talking 'bout relationships, I still believe there's someone for me.

And maybe I already have found that someone (but I can't approach right now, just broke up from a relationship about a month ago, I should give some space before).

I don't know, things are really difficult these days.

Cheer up, True Form, if you can talk to that person and tell everything you got inside, it will help a lot if you say all of your feelings, you won't be carrying all that heavy baggage.

Brassy Baroness
    Yep, but I have two soul-mates.

They are my twin and JVS3. Even when states apart over many many years, my love for them has never faltered. I may not have fame or money, but I won that jack-pot!
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.