Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you believe in soul mates?

Master of New Adventures!
    I think a lot of time it's a Zen kind of deal -- you have to let go and not be looking and then sometimes it just comes to you. At least that's how it was for me.

That said, I havent given up hope I'll find one at some point[/QUOTE]

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Yeah? I used to think the same way. Just wait until it happens to you. And when I does I'll appreciate an update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    If it's any consolation to you, my search for and wait to find my soul mate was a long one. I finally met Kim when I was forty-five, we were married when I was forty-eight and we had our first child when I was fifty. We now have three children and have been together and in love for twenty years this May.

From the Book of Ecclesiastes: "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."

After your 'season' arrives and you've at last found your soul mate, you might want to watch this video. It's a sort of national anthem anyone's pursuit and final success at finding true love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do32g82qilk
    I would love to be proven wrong on the matter. And if I am, I'll definitely give you an update. Luckily, it seems like you're a patient guy.

Thanks for sharing your story. I remember you casually bringing your wife up a lot in the college football thread, and I could always tell that you two shared a wonderful relationship.

Thank you for that.

I'm blessed far beyond what I deserve. Fortunately, I know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    I would love to be proven wrong on the matter. And if I am, I'll definitely give you an update. Luckily, it seems like you're a patient guy.

Thanks for sharing your story. I remember you casually bringing your wife up a lot in the college football thread, and I could always tell that you two shared a wonderful relationship.

At the rate I've been going the past 20 years, I don't even believe in first dates, never mind soul mates at this rate. but i'd like to think it's possible to meet someone and be happy until you are 905
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Heroic Warrior

Unfortunately , we don't have all the time in the world.....you have to grab life by it's collar before it's too late !
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Co-Creator of the NV
    I do, however there are a few nuances to my view.

Firstly I don't believe that there is such a thing as a singe soul mate. I think that there can be multiples.

Secondly, I don't think that a soul mate is necessarily what others define it as. Without going into details, I think I might have found a soul mate, but the nature of our relationship isn't something that many can wrap their heads around.

Can they exist concurrently? Soulmate Polygamy? Menage a Soulmate?

Nah. To complicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    I do, however there are a few nuances to my view.

Firstly I don't believe that there is such a thing as a singe soul mate. I think that there can be multiples.

Secondly, I don't think that a soul mate is necessarily what others define it as. Without going into details, I think I might have found a soul mate, but the nature of our relationship isn't something that many can wrap their heads around.

Heroic Warrior
    The thing is I'm not lonely. I get plenty of attention and offers. Just can't get that one person out of my head. This thread was totally worth starting just to hear everyone's stories and responses. Some of them are so sweet I think I need to schedule an appointment with my dentist. So many cavities!!!
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and and original here

No, because there is no such thing.
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Quote Originally Posted by Romer View Post
    No, because there is no such thing.
    You are very fortunate, Romer, because you epitomize the Zen deal I posted about earlier -- i.e., you do not believe in soul mates and thus are completely dispassionate when it comes to the subject, hence unknowingly open to the possibility of it happening to you. I hope that it does.

As an aside, I would respectfully suggest that you indicate it is your "opinion" that soul mates don't exist rather than making a declarative statement that they do not. Please understand that I'm the last person who would suggest that the concept fo a soul mater is some kind of destiny or metaphysical thing Perhaps it's prudent for me to define what I think a 'soul mate' it.

For me it simply means that you meet someone randomly and as time goes by you find that their values, outlooks on life, moral construct and essence is close enough to your own that you are truly and wonderfully compatible. This is the case for me and my mate.

Heroic Warrior
    Kitana : Shang Tsung , I won't go out with you

Shang Tsung : Oh well then......your soul is MINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !