View Poll Results: Will knowing what figures are included in 2015 make you more likely to subscribe?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

58 49.15%
  • No

48 40.68%
  • Undecided or Other

12 10.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does knowing 2015's lineup make you more likely to subscribe?

Does knowing 2015's lineup make you more likely to subscribe?

The 2015 Club Eternia subscription will be like no other before it, because for the first time we will know which figures will make up the majority of its lineup! Compared to previous years, in which we are made aware of only a handful of figures that will be included in the line, do you feel this lack of mystery will ultimately increase the likelihood that you will purchase a subscription for next year's Club Eternia, or will this decrease the likelihood that you will subscribe, and if so why?

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Hmm. Well, let's say there are 12 monthly and 4 quarterly slots next year.
    Well, there are five vintage non-variant POP characters left - Angella, Mermista, Spinerella, Peekablue and Perfuma. Now, it's possible that one or two of those will be in the POP mini-sub, so let's say POP takes 3-4 slots next year.
    With vintage MOTU, we have Ssqueeze, Tung Lashor, Twistoid, Rotar, Ninjor, Gwildor, Blast Attak, Dragstor and Saurod left as non-variant characters. We know we're getting at least one of those Snake Men. So unless the Christmas item ends up being a figure (or Twistoid and Rotar are a two-pack), then it's likely we'll have 7-8 slots going to vintage MOTU.
    So of the potential 16 slots for 2015, we can reasonably guess between 10 to 12 of them.
    Now, of course, there are some obvious wrinkles. This doesn't include any variants. I would assume completing the variants would include Flying Fist He-man and Terror Claw Skeletor? The Laser Light variants? The dance card actually fills up pretty fast!
    We also know that Mara is coming in 2015. Maybe Huntara, too.
    So that leaves very few "mystery" slots at all. Maybe one or two?

Last edited by AdultCollector; May 10, 2014 at 08:18am.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    It makes me less likely to subscribe as there are more figures I'm not interested in than those I am.

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    The 2015 Club Eternia subscription will be like no other before it, because for the first time we will know which figures will make up the majority of its lineup! Compared to previous years, in which we are made aware of only a handful of figures that will be included in the line, do you feel this lack of mystery will ultimately increase the likelihood that you will purchase a subscription for next year's Club Eternia, or will this decrease the likelihood that you will subscribe, and if so why?

http://i.minus.com/ibitNHjnUOa8BN.jpg

http://i.minus.com/icLJRRlYIARPE.jpg
    Yes, it does. And your post specifically with pictures makes me more likely to.

I will predict, some people will go crazy when and if they decide to miss one or two of those in 2015 and save them for 2016.....

Also, I notice you didn't post any NA. We expect Mara and at least one more.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Doesn't make a difference to me, gonna sign up anyway.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I will sign up anyway. I've made it this far and I intend to cross the finish line.

It will depend on how they handle the "last year" to make me subscribe for 2016 and beyond. If major screw ups like Filmation Hordak happen again, then I will enter cherry picker-mode.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    It makes me less likely to subscribe as there are more figures I'm not interested in than those I am.
    Ditto.

I have other issues with the line that will keep me away from the sub next year, but if I didn't, this selection combined with the price hike would probably send me packing regardless.

Of those pictured my must must haves are ........Angella. Then I'd be ok with Tung Lashor and Squueeze, Peekablue and Mermista. Doesn't really make sense to commit to a whole year for 5 figures huh?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Of those pictured my must must haves are ........Angella. Then I'd be ok with Tung Lashor and Squueeze, Peekablue and Mermista. Doesn't really make sense to commit to a whole year for 5 figures huh?
    And the only way I'll buy multi-bot is if he's fimation design, not a redo of that awful monstrosity we got in the 80's
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    2011/2012 (well espacially 2011) were the most perfect example of what a perfect Motuc year is: Oversized/Beasts, vehicle mixed in da cauldron.
    Of course,it was the brightest days of the brand but i can't help hoping it is still possible to schedule at this point.
    To summarize, a only figures exhibition during the SDCC could keep me on hold this time around.

I'll subscribe anyway, so doesn't affect me. I'm in til the end.

I voted YES because I know what will come out next year and many of them I'm craving since 2008! And I can also say that 2015 I will for the first time a double sub!

Quote Originally Posted by rankinman View Post
    Doesn't make a difference to me, gonna sign up anyway.
    Same for me. It's all MOTU, so it's all good!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I'll subscribe until the end, but knowing that I'll get to complete the vintage MOTU and POP lines makes it all the more excited for me to do so.

For me, the line cannot end without:
    Dragstor
    Blast Attack
    Tung Lashor
    Angella
    Mermista

I'd be devastated not to get:
    Saurod
    Multibot
    Ninjor
    Peekablue
    Rotar

I'd be sad to not get:
    Spinnerella
    Perfuma
    Gwildor
    Twistoid
    Squeeze
    Mara

I could live without:
    FF and LL He-Man
    TC and LL Skeletor
    Buzz Saw Hordak

Non MOTU/POP that need to be included in 2015:
    Lizard Man
    Evil Seed
    Sagitar
    Robot Knights
    2015 MOTUC Line is ON! (Now make Tuskador PLEASE)

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I'm subbing regardless!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

No. I am subbing no matter what. I am a huge fan of MOTUC in particular and will get it no questions asked.

That being said, we basically already know what's comming, so I hope all the "yes" will pay attention and sub.

I will add that not knowing is exciting and I love that feeling. I love reveal days. I'm sad when all the reveals are done and my excitement wears off. So I like not knowing everything that is comming.

I look forward to a possible 2016 far more than I look forward to 2015 prescisely becuase it's all kinda known already.

All the possible pictures together made just wanting them more.

My biggest wants are:

Peekablue
    Mara (when ever i seem that colored prototype…whoever did that, i´m a fan!…just shows me how much i want her!)
    Tung Lashor
    Mermista

but i also want Saurod, Angella, Ssssqueeze, Perfuma or Dragstor pretty bad.

Anyway i´ll sub no matter what but i voted yes!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I would have subbed anyways...so no.

Nope. Subbing regardless. Just hoping it helps the people that are on the fence
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Im in all the way. i like all of motuc
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    I said "no", because I was going to sub anyway, like I do every year. No point quitting now! :P
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

I LIKE that we don't have to guess. That (if the sub goes through) we are GUARANTEED Ninjor, Saurod, Angella, Mermista, Blast Attack, Dragstor, Multibot, etc. That there are only so many bad surprises that could the thrust upon us... This is going to be my favorite year so far, these are the characters I've wanted all along, in one big year!
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I LIKE that we don't have to guess. That (if the sub goes through) we are GUARANTEED Ninjor, Saurod, Angella, Mermista, Blast Attack, Dragstor, Multibot, etc. That there are only so many bad surprises that could the thrust upon us... This is going to be my favorite year so far, these are the characters I've wanted all along, in one big year!
    Why does everyone assume we aren't getting Mermista in 2014?

They used Mantenna at the end of 2013... That was kind of a wasted slot because he could have been used to sell subs.... Who is to say they won't do the same with Mermista?
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Why does everyone assume we aren't getting Mermista in 2014?

They used Mantenna at the end of 2013... That was kind of a wasted slot because he could have been used to sell subs.... Who is to say they won't do the same with Mermista?
    I just threw up a bunch of random characters, I figured I'd get at least a few of them right, LOL. By the time the sub rolls around we'll know for sure. I wouldn't put it past them to release her so late in the year. The Horde Troopers were late releases as well, and like Mantenna should have been used as sub bait. It worked well with Ram Man.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Yes, it would help decide, but that could back-fire.

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    No, I'd sign up anyway.
    Pasta la vista, baby!

It's time to rally! Let's make 2015 happen!!

Nope, the must-haves for me are Dragstor, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze and Terror Claws Skeletor. Even if they offer Stridor in 2015 I can't justify paying for an entire year for four (maybe 5) figures. Plus, aren't we getting a Snake Man this year?
    "Peanut nostrils, happy clams."
    -Michael J. Nelson