Thread: Mega Roboto (200x-ish) for classics

Mega Roboto (200x-ish) for classics

I've gotten various idea's from other fans, and some of my own to put this together:

Eesh. Sorry He-Bro, but this just doesn't work. Like, at all. The idea's sound, but the feet and shins are WAY out of proportion, that custom head looks ugly and the flight pack doesn't do him any favors.

Have you tried turning the wings upside down? If so how does it look? Also, if you wanted to keep the Roboto torso visible, then you could attach the wings vie clear rubber bands. Those are the changes I'd probably make, or at least try out. I have to agree with Joker95 on the shins and feet though, just a little too big imo. Maybe they look better in person, but here they seem too big.

Great idea though. If ever there was a regular character that could benefit from a battle armor type upgrade, it's Mr. Roboto. I'm thinking like big shoulder cannons, a gun on each arm (like what you've got going on there), and somewhat larger lower legs with flip open panels that reveal some form of weapon system. Maybe small guns, or electrical pulse shooters, or something. And yes, wings. Maybe he can't fly with them (too heavy), but he can at least leap great distances. I think this is a great idea, but it feels like it's not complete yet. I hope you continue to work on this guy, and post the results if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker95 View Post
    Eesh. Sorry He-Bro, but this just doesn't work. Like, at all. The idea's sound, but the feet and shins are WAY out of proportion, that custom head looks ugly and the flight pack doesn't do him any favors.
    like calling other people's work ugly is like rude as hell.... like totally.
    Last edited by iceman51880; May 25, 2014 at 02:07pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker95 View Post
    Thank for your Input, my 2nd oldest son agrees with you on the big legs, but I do like it just the way he is, I bought the head and the legs just to make him this way.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Have you tried turning the wings upside down? If so how does it look? Also, if you wanted to keep the Roboto torso visible, then you could attach the wings vie clear rubber bands. Those are the changes I'd probably make, or at least try out. I have to agree with Joker95 on the shins and feet though, just a little too big imo. Maybe they look better in person, but here they seem too big.

Great idea though. If ever there was a regular character that could benefit from a battle armor type upgrade, it's Mr. Roboto. I'm thinking like big shoulder cannons, a gun on each arm (like what you've got going on there), and somewhat larger lower legs with flip open panels that reveal some form of weapon system. Maybe small guns, or electrical pulse shooters, or something. And yes, wings. Maybe he can't fly with them (too heavy), but he can at least leap great distances. I think this is a great idea, but it feels like it's not complete yet. I hope you continue to work on this guy, and post the results if you do.
    Thank you for you're ideas. The wing doesn't fin in upside down, without altering it, no extra guns (so he can remove them quickly, in the presents of the king or something else where weapons would be out of place) and his feet have jets on the bottom to help him fly. He is complete, (I might paint his new leg parts silver, still debating.)

Quote Originally Posted by iceman51880 View Post
    Thanks

My main goal was no not alter any of the original parts of Roboto so he could be returned to normal easily. But still give him a 200x vibe with an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman51880 View Post
    I see what you did there.

I like it, but I think painting the lower legs bright silver will help make the figure appear more cohesive.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

Or you could go full 200X by matching the metallic purple from his crotch to the silver part of his legs and the lower legs. Personally, I'm not sold on the Flipshot armor.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Nice. I myself would paint the lower legs a light silver to give it a similer look to the classic figure.

Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    I like it, but I think painting the lower legs bright silver will help make the figure appear more cohesive.
    Agrred, I think he is aware. But he does not want to alter the figure in anyway that will prevent him from putting all the original parts back together and still have roboto in original form and color scheme.
    If you dont subscribe because you can "just buy the figures off of ebay", there will be no figures on ebay to buy!!!

Check out THE LIST of MOTUC Custom Parts, Heads, Accessories and more!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ase-add-to-it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dingus View Post
    Agrred, I think he is aware. But he does not want to alter the figure in anyway that will prevent him from putting all the original parts back together and still have roboto in original form and color scheme.
    This guy is right, I'm not going to paint it. (Even the add-on parts are fine just as is, no paint)