19 46.34%
  • Working Spinner

6 14.63%
  • Weapon Spinner – Like She-ra/Catra comb

16 39.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Spinnerella - POP MOTU Classics Design Decisions

Spinnerella - POP MOTU Classics Design Decisions

Which of these different aspects make up your ideal MOTU Classics Spinnerella figure
    spinny.jpg
    Last edited by Cute Cult; June 24, 2014 at 04:01pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Style guide for everything, no action features.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Filmation all the way please. I wouldn't mind a toy outfit, but the Filmation head and face are a must.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I voted toy for everything. If they sculpt her FACE on the Filmation appearance, that would be fine...but I believe she needs her crown and two-toned hair and lavendar and aqua bands.

I voted nothing for her spinner. I would rather see her come with a cool new weapon, plus the Bubble Power She-Ra sword she was initially going to have...or maybe two of them so she can slice people up as she spins.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

This is the Spinnerella I would like to see.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    Toy-design head, with crown/tiara. Toy-design "thin" ribbons. And toy-design boots.

I like my PoP figures as detailed as possible and the toy elements really help to make Spinnerella a vastly superior design.

I want the Filmation hair. It's such a distinct design, it will definitely be her defining feature. I'm sure the 4H can sculpt a molded crown to fit on her head too.

The body can be completely like the toy, as long as she has the Filmation head/hair. Otherwise the figure won't be recognizable. Ditto for most of the PoP figures...it's all in the Filmation head.

I went the Filmation route with everything, because I just don't see how she can have so many plastic ribbons on her arms and skirt and still be able to move around. Since they will not be cloth, I think less is better for the MOTUC version. Plus I like the huge hair she had in Filmation.
    2015 MOTUC Line is ON! (Now make Tuskador PLEASE)

My favorite is her Style Guide rendition but with the Flutterina details. Mattel could really go any which way with this one. The crown and ribbons are a bit of a design nightmare. Who knows how the crown will stay on without a peghole and if the ribbons can’t hang naturally??? I’m just glad I’m not the one who has to solve those mechanics. But I’m expecting and hoping for something amazing!!!

I love the combination of the words "Weapon" and "Spinner."
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

At the request of a few, I have attached images to the start of the thread

I cannot tell which is which but thank you for the pics. They all look about the same to me, except that filmation is too simple. Like her hair. I like the crown too though.

I would say the third pic because the streamers are not overbearingly large.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    This is the Spinnerella I would like to see.

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...ez-d4znb7l.jpg
    This looks really good.

Here's hoping more people vote for their preferences before we start seeing the actual figures.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, so glad to see us getting two different hair choices in one figure. Sure most of us want everything to be Filmation accurate, but die hard Spinnerella fans wanted that crown SOMEHOW! Such brilliant ingenuity on Mattel’s part.

People were split on her dress, but I personally think the right choice won out. However, her ribbons did come out thinner than Filmation, yet thicker than the toy, so looks like we got a happy medium.

All the sculpted texture is great and much more beautifully detailed than the laminate fabric texture of the doll. The silver paint even made it onto the tops of her Flutterina shared boots.

Unfortunately no weapon or working spinner. I was picturing some awesome huge medieval shield or catapult. The repainted Goddess staff is cool, but her lack of repainted BP Sword or Netossa’s mask is disappointing. If only another weapons pack was in order.

spinny.jpg