89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gwildor is essential!

47 52.81%
  • Stridor is a must have!

42 47.19%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gwildor vs. Stridor

Gwildor vs. Stridor

From the same people who brought you Sagitar vs. Madame Razz comes Gwildor vs. Stridor. Since they are both 100% tooled figures you gotta choose!

Stridor without a doubt...never liked Gwlidor all that much in the movie..and never owned the vintage figure.....but would have been happy to get the classics ver.. HOWEVER...if i gotta choose...make mine Stridor.
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a darkside.

Now this is easy. Stridor of course. I don`t like the movie and I don`t like Gwildor.
    MOTUC Most Wanted : Attak Trak, Stridor, Night Stalker, Masks of Power Demons,
    Alcala-Style-Figures, Point Dread & Talon Fighter

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I fail to see how they are of equal equivalence.

But if pressed and the question "Gwildor or X"...It's ALWAYS going to be Gwildor for me. Always.

"Maybe I can communicate with this foreign creature..."

"Moo?"

"moo"

"moooooo"

"i'm coming, i'm coming...MU!"

AND he created the most powerful invention out side of Castle Grayskull and it's Sword in the entire universe! SO there is THAT.

Or a robot horse...He isn't even the ONLY robot Horse so not that unique. Stridor is cool, I had him and loved him just as much as Fisto cause Filmation mini comic and golden books, so I get the appeal. Gwildor can make robot horse I'm sure, but can Stidor make Cosmic keys an be witty and heartwarming? OK, Filmation...I'll give you Heartwarming.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Stridor hands down
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

This seems like an odd pairing.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Definitely Gwildor for me.

I'm a fan of the movie and really like him as a character.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Had to go with Gwildor on this one. But I do want Stridor!
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Gwildor. He is the Doc Brown to Spector's McFly. Can Stridor travel through time and dimensions to bring me BBQ ribs? Exactly!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Stridor over Gwildor. I hardly see how this is a valid or fair question. Of course it seems I am in the minority here, so maybe it is valid and fair after all.

But obviously getting a Stridor is much preferred to getting a Gwildor.

Supprising that it would seem the vote is going the other way.

For those who need clarification on why such an odd pairing, Super Poing Combat asked How soon until we get to Stridor? Toyguru's response is as follows:

"We REALLY want Stridor (and Nightsdalker two since it is a twofer) but it will all come down to availability of tooling. What would fans think if it came down to Gwildor or Stridor? Who is more important to get a fully tool'd slot? Obviously we go with Gwildor as we promised fans all figs complete by 2015 if they supported 2013. But both Gwildor and Stridor would "compete" for a fully tool'd slot. Vs a beast like Battle Lion is a partial tool slot which we have more of. (Anyone still in shock that Razz for a FT slot!) If we have the tooling, Stridor is a personal fav of almost everyone on the team."

--They said they would do Gwildor first. I was curious if that's the best decision. Gwildor is winning the poll so far, so perhaps it was.

I went with Gwildor. As much as I like Stridor, I just don't see him (?) as a character. Gwildor is. He's also a nicely diverse figure for the line.

Also, I think Stridor and /or Nightstalker could do a lot better as an out of sub item. One, the other, or both could probably do well at SDCC or as an out of sub item, where as I'm not sure Gwildor would.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Stridor is my favourite vintage beast, but i choose gwildor

Stridor! He's A-list. Gwildor is D-list.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Well Gwildor, because I don't have room for many more vehicles. Not that Stridor isn't awesome.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Gwildor would be cool, but Stridor would be cooler, and is much more iconic to me.
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

Heroic Warrior
    Stridor, no question.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Such a dumb poll, but for space reasons I'll vote for Gwildor.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

I never bought the original stridor, I don't know why, but there was something I didn't want to have, funnily enough i DID buy nightstalker! it was the colour scheme that sold it for me with him.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I'm I'm getting stuck with Buzzsaw Hordak, then I'd better ****ing get Gwildor.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Heroic Warrior
    I find it interesting that Gwildor is now the ' Gwildor OR XXXXX' character of choice.... Shows just how far this line has gone.

Because honestly.... 90% of the time, MY answer will be XXXXX!!!!!

Don't like him... never liked him. Unless he comes with PD he-man's movie Key... I REALLY have no use for him. And frankly I'd be shocked if they did give it to him. We'll probably get the crappy toy Key.....

No doubt about it.....Gwlidor!!

Stridor is cool but Gwildor is more important. Robotic horse or inventor of the Cosmic Key? It's really not a fair question for the horse.

I like him for several reasons but the most important factor is that he's unique. In a world of of barbarians and wizards, a character like him adds a lot to the line.

Definitely Stridor!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Gwildor by a long shot for me! He's actually my most-wanted figure at this point.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    No contest for me...Stridor.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!