View Poll Results: What would you rather have in your MOTUC collection?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buzz-Saw Hordak

23 17.16%
  • A character we do not have in MOTUC yet

79 58.96%
  • A different A-list variant (Sorceress, She-Ra, Randor, Marlena, Catra, etc)

32 23.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choose: Buzz-Saw Hordak or Another Character

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

Choose: Buzz-Saw Hordak or Another Character

We're told Buzz-Saw Hordak is coming and he's most likely first release Hordak with a buzz saw accessory. This WILL take the place of another character. The question here is, would you rather have Buzz-Saw Hordak, a NEW character (one we don't have in MOTUC already), or a different A-list variant (200X Sorceress, Toy Catra, 200X Randor/Marlena, etc.)?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I want all vintage characters, including Buzz Saw Hordak.
    MOTUC Most Wanted : Attak Trak, Stridor, Night Stalker, Masks of Power Demons,
    Alcala-Style-Figures, Point Dread & Talon Fighter

Unless BS Hordak comes with a Filmation Head and Armor, I'll take ANYTHING over it... That includes Crackers the Clown, Chef Allen, the Meteorbs, the Christmas Special Kids, the Manchines, The Spirit of Evil, The NA Scientists, Street Sharks and a Speedo-clad Spector
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I would much rather get another Horde character like Vultak rather than BS Hordak.

I want to see all the vintage MOTU figures remade in Classics, so I'll take Buzz-Saw Hordak.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by Oo-Larr View Post
    I want all vintage characters, including Buzz Saw Hordak.
    Amen! Me too.
    If you have a Queen Marlena cardback to sell, please let me know.

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100
    MOTUC for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212096
    200x for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213585
    I have a huge lot of Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) cards I'm also selling. PM me.

I highly doubt it will look just like 1st release Hordak only with buzz saw blades since the 1st MOTUC's hordak was based of the 200x staction look of Hordak.

How BS Hordak will look is entirely up to the Four Horsemens interpertation of him same way they gave us their Interpertation of eldor in Classics now that the eldor pics have been leaked.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I voted different character, But i'f be fine with "different Hordak" just as much if it was A GOOD one...I'd like a DC52, reminds me a lot of

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...sing-Hordak%29

We really need a main page public poll for this!
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

I can't choose until I see what they plan to do with Buzz Saw Hordak.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I voted "A character we do not have yet" but second choice is a different "A" List variant, specifically a variant of a character we do not have a variant of yet, specifically a Toy Version Catra design.

3rd (and final, last ranked) choice is Buzz Saw Hordak. Dont need him so much, am not holding breath, am ok to miss him for almost any other toy we could get. That all said, I'll be just fine to get him, I'm not to bothered by this.

Would rather almost literally anything else, but I understand and accept that this variant is part of the much beloved and nearly holy "Vintage line"

I'd rather have more unique characters from NA over yet ANOTHER Hordak Variant. How many Hordaks do we need! They messed up the last one they attempted (Failmation) anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    We're told Buzz-Saw Hordak is coming and he's most likely first release Hordak with a buzz saw accessory.
    Where did this information come from? I have not seen anything official that describes what BSH will look like or what accessories he will have in MOTUC.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Lodar, Hunga the Harpy & Sharella

Quote Originally Posted by Greenskull View Post
    Where did this information come from? I have not seen anything official that describes what BSH will look like or what accessories he will have in MOTUC.
    What you quoted is an assumption made by Darkspecter. "Buzz Saw Hordak is most likely to be a First Release Hordak with a Buzz Saw Accessory."
    That assumption is based on the "No Action Features" Rule by Mattel and how they use Additional Pieces to "Simulate the Action Feature" (As seen with Battle Armor Figures and their funky swappable chestplates, Mekaneck & Rattlor with the neck pieces, Rio Blast and his clip-on guns) It wouldn't be a far-fetched assumption that BS Hordak is likely to be the same old Hordak that we have, but with a Buzz Saw accessory and a new Torso Armor with a flap to recreate the action feature.

Unless Mattel allows the Horsemen to go wild on this Hordak and give him the Filmation Armor and Head, or a Truly 200X Look (With a different Loincloth and more regal cape and a more monstrous head) then we're getting the Hordak version of what Mattel wanted to give us as Snake MAA before fans complained.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I'd rather get a character we have never gotten before such as Songster, Odiphus, Lodar, Masque, Prahvus, Veena, Lizard Man, Montork, Dree Elle, Chef Allen...anyone really.

Now, I'd also take any of several other A-List characters over this guy, too. NA She-Ra, NA Sorceress, Jungle Attack He-Man...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

It depends on what they do with him. If they churn out another pointless (i.e., EI) variant, then I don't want him. If they end up somehow pulling out all the stops and giving us a definitive awesome Hordak, then bring him on!
    "Peanut nostrils, happy clams."
    -Michael J. Nelson

Heroic Warrior
    I'd want a character we do not yet have, hands down- which for me, would include NA Silver Sorceress from the mini-comic, as I consider her to be as a new character, just like NA He-Man or NA Skeletor!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Thats actually not true, The four horsemen only have so much to say about how the toys end up and what parts / paint apps they use, the figure itself it compiled of parts by whoever is in charge of doing that, not the four horsemen. The four horsemen make the prototype, someone else takes that and tried to make the figure using already made parts with the least new tooling as possible. It is very likely BS hordak will use almost all of the same parts as regular hordak. whether the paint deco will be different, that again, is up to whoever makes those decisions. Not the four horsemen.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I highly doubt it will look just like 1st release Hordak only with buzz saw blades since the 1st MOTUC's hordak was based of the 200x staction look of Hordak.

How BS Hordak will look is entirely up to the Four Horsemens interpertation of him same way they gave us their Interpertation of eldor in Classics now that the eldor pics have been leaked.
    If you dont subscribe because you can "just buy the figures off of ebay", there will be no figures on ebay to buy!!!

Check out THE LIST of MOTUC Custom Parts, Heads, Accessories and more!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ase-add-to-it!

I voted another characters variant and i don´t want another He-man or Skeletor. Those have we have enough.

My most wanted variant would be Catra in her original Toy design but i would love to get her red colored version like her prototype or the first mini comics. In there she even had a ponytail so they could reuse her FILMATION inspired head.

Or Battle Armor Queen Marlena(200X), King Randor has his battled up version(vintage) now its her turn.

But these are just my humble wishes.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I voted for "New character", but there are plenty of variants I'd still go for. NA She-Ra...NA Sorceress (is it the Spirit of the Sorceress, absorbed into the ship? What transformation do we see with Teela? I need to know!!!). I'd love a "Horde World" Catra, done in the style of one of her vintage figures (you know she must have gone to Horde World after the SUB).

With all of the mystery and loose ends that Classics always leaves us with, I'd much rather see a character that fills in a big gap or plot hole in my collection. Unless BSH is a means of resurrecting Hordak from his death at the SUB, he's just going to be a past version of a character they killed, and a boring one at that.

I know a lot of people don't care about the story, but I do...and it just seems weird to take me from a character's inception, through his various forms, to his death...then throw one more in after the fact that probably happened sometime earlier. What? Why do that? I know they never stick to chronological order, but this feels like beating a dead "Hordak".

That said, a true Filmation Hordak head and alternate imp transformation could sway me. I'll have to see his execution and pack-ins before I make any absolute determinations.
    Last edited by Kreann'ot; June 11, 2014 at 03:25pm.
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!

while i don't fancy BS Hordak, i don't fully understand the on going hate and bash against this figure, how is it any different from, say, terror claws skeletor, flying fists he-man? These guys won voting when put against Laser light skeletor, THAT is something to hate and bash about.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    while i don't fancy BS Hordak, i don't fully understand the on going hate and bash against this figure, how is it any different from, say, terror claws skeletor, flying fists he-man? These guys won voting when put against Laser light skeletor, THAT is something to hate and bash about.
    BS Hordak looks EXACTLY LIKE NORMAL HORDAK. Black Armor with red Horde Insignia, Silver Belt, Black Loincloth, black gloves and boots (Boots have red insignia) Black Cowl, Red Cape, Black Armband with Red insignia. Gray Skin, Beige face. The only differences between BS and Normal Hordak are: Action Feature (which in classics do not happen) and a SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT BELT. (A minor detail that many forget) FF He-Man and TC Skeletor look different enough than Normal He-Man and Skeletor.

With the upcoming price increase, people are worried about getting a variant that looks so similar to Normal Hordak, especially when there are other figures whose variants are different enough than the original version of the character. (FFHe-Man, TCSkeletor, 200X Sorceress, any Catra variant, 200X King Hsss, NA She-Ra, Snake Armor He-Man, etc.) If BS Hordak looked different from Normal Hordak, then people wouldn't be complaining so much about him.

Then again, We all saw what Mattel did to Filmation Hordak. If Mattel couldn't get Filmation Hordak right (and this guy looks very different from Normal Hordak) then, what hope do we have that BS Hordak will be Different enough from Normal Hordak?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    We're told Buzz-Saw Hordak is coming and he's most likely first release Hordak with a buzz saw accessory. This WILL take the place of another character. The question here is, would you rather have Buzz-Saw Hordak, a NEW character (one we don't have in MOTUC already), or a different A-list variant (200X Sorceress, Toy Catra, 200X Randor/Marlena, etc.)?
    Wow...you REALLY hate this figure, don't you?

I don't think all of the vintage variants will take monthly slots in 2015. I think we'll get a 2 pack for one quarter and the rest will be Chase figures, Con Exclusives, or Sub exclusives.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Wow...you REALLY hate this figure, don't you?
    I'm asking questions. I have two polls; one asking which figure you prefer and if Buzz Saw Hordak will effect sub sales. So far, it looks like he won't really make a huge effect sub sales but 82.61% of those who have voted would prefer a different character than Buzz Saw Hordak. That's pretty staggering.

My personal opinion on Buzz Saw Hordak in MOTUC: He's redundant. I already have him. Like some other people are saying, it's really interesting how Mattel refuses to re-do Teela for the fans that have been begging for her, but are adamant about re-doing a Hordak that's nearly identical and a lot don't seem to be excited for/happy about.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; June 11, 2014 at 11:38pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    and a Speedo-clad Spector
    No - just - no.