Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bubblor in MOTUC

Bubblor in MOTUC

Bubblor is a CaC runner up that made it into the Fall of Eternia minicomic as one of Lady Slither's Revenge Squad, fighting the defenders of trolla. He looks to be a half skull somewhat encased in a dome much like Slushhead, body much like CyChop, clear and translucent, filled with the bubble liquid he uses to to trap his victims, trap jaw legs, they could also use hurricane hordaks arm cannon arm, attach Bubblors arm cannon, and make his arms a translucent pick with little trapped air bubbles in there. The typical hairy loincloth and a pink Shield would complete this guy, although it looks like he has tanks on his back similar to Stinkor or 200x Mosquitor. But I would gladly add this guy to my collection.

Heroic Warrior
    Bubblor is bad ass, I would buy him in a heart beat

I love bublor. But then my favourite TMNT toy was Mutagen Man.

Ignoring how I dont think any runner up should get a figure as they were runners up and not winners, I would definately get a bubblor.

Bubblor is such an awesome design!! After Three Beast, he's easily my favorite of the C-A-C runner-ups.

I'd love to see him in MOTUC!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Heroic Warrior
    I hope we can get him.

I'd like to find out more about him. What's that pink liquid? How did he become this way? What's his story?

I see a lot of potential here.
    My MOTU most wanted: Slime Pit Bone Warriors, Major Header, Catra Cat Form, Lady Slither, Hunga the Harpy, Satma, Great Black Wizard, King Miro, Sha'gora, Mask of Power Demons, Red Knight, Beast Lord, Illumina, Lady Valtira, armored Crita, Old Man Marzo 200X, Teela 200X, Skeletor52, Teela52, Hans Hammer Holder, Robowoman, Bubblor, Movie Troopers, Movie Beastman, Goddess52, Red Beast

Heroic Warrior mikerobertschamp's Avatar
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    I feel he could be a very cool character and would definitely buy him.
    My wants all NA POG SOH filmation Garth Lady Slithor Meteorbs Zark Michi, Kothos, King Taurius, King Helios, Kittrina, Illumina, be plastic IMMORTALIZED

Bubblor is my favorite runner-up. I'd love to get him in Classics.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Love the idea & the figure.
    Only issue I have is we would have another skull head character in motu
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, King Miro, Melaktha, Crystal-Man, ABC Giants, Stridor, Road Ripper, Land Shark

I LOVE BUBBLOR! I need a Bubblor in my collection!

Real shame that we are unlikely to get this guy. I am a huge fan of these runner up figures
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

I'm a fan as well. Overall a really great design.

The fact that Mattel could connect his origin to Bubble Power She-Ra is a big plus in my book. It could help explain the Bubble Power armor.

Scaly photo artist Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Big fan of this design.
    He would make a great figure!
    Hopefully there's still MOTU in classics style after 2016...
    Press down on dragon's head. It sprays enemies with a jet of water!
    Press down on a camera's shutter release. It will take pictures that tell stories!

hey! I will of course support my own creation, needless to say... I still hold out hope that if we somehow get to 2016, there's a chance. (Well, maybe 2017...) They wouldn't have put him and the runner-ups in the minicomic like that if they didn't have SOME potential to be figures....

My nephew just asked me "what's in the bubbles?" I honestly hadn't given that any thought! I just figured he'd annoy people with them. (My original version looked a bit less threatening and more goofy!)

Keep up the support! Bubblor for 2016!
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Hi all -- keeping hope alive! Facet asked if I could chime in like Three-Beast's creator did!

I think the "recipe" listed in making this thread originally would still work... and since then, we even have a Light Hope translucent pink body to work with. So Bubblor'd be easy to make! (Come on Super 7, make it so!)

Bubblor was actually one of like 20 entries I made to the contest. Though he was actually the first that popped into my mind. He looked a lot goofier originally. His head was more like a bubble with kind of frowny face floating in it, rather than a skull. So when they adapted the art with the skull they made him look much more threatening! But cool, of course. I'm not sure how far my original version would have made it...

I really was keeping in mind action features as I came up with it, as if he were an original toy it would have had a bubble-making gun with bubble formula in the back that he could shoot. (a la Bubble Power She Ra.) That was just one of the many 'element' type play feature things I was coming up with. (Another figure idea would have had working speakers so you could plug your ipod into him, for instance. And a chia-pet type dude. And one with a working ant farm inside him. And another with lego type bricks attached. So yeah, this was one of the least crazy of mine...)

I didn't really think of much of a backstory with him, but just vaguely of him being more of a pest who capture people with his bubbles! ("Evil Bubbling Menace" I think was his sub-title.) Now with the skullhead we could come up with something way more intimidating.... like an evil scientist caught in his vile pink bubbly acid concoction, melted down to just a skull, but somehow retaining his consciousness... then having a containment suit built for himself. So then he runs around spraying people with it to transform them as well. Not sure why he'd do that, exactly, but hey, we could come up with something!

Anyway, I still think there's hope for him from Super7, especially after seeing Fang-or get made, and knowing from talking to the Four Horsemen guys way back when Bubblor was originally announced as a runner-up that they liked him. So hey, hope springs eternal. (Or bubbles eternal...)

Scaly photo artist Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mer Jim View Post
    Hi all -- keeping hope alive! Facet asked if I could chime in like Three-Beast's creator did!

I think the "recipe" listed in making this thread originally would still work... and since then, we even have a Light Hope translucent pink body to work with. So Bubblor'd be easy to make! (Come on Super 7, make it so!)

Bubblor was actually one of like 20 entries I made to the contest. Though he was actually the first that popped into my mind. He looked a lot goofier originally. His head was more like a bubble with kind of frowny face floating in it, rather than a skull. So when they adapted the art with the skull they made him look much more threatening! But cool, of course. I'm not sure how far my original version would have made it...

I really was keeping in mind action features as I came up with it, as if he were an original toy it would have had a bubble-making gun with bubble formula in the back that he could shoot. (a la Bubble Power She Ra.) That was just one of the many 'element' type play feature things I was coming up with. (Another figure idea would have had working speakers so you could plug your ipod into him, for instance. And a chia-pet type dude. And one with a working ant farm inside him. And another with lego type bricks attached. So yeah, this was one of the least crazy of mine...)

I didn't really think of much of a backstory with him, but just vaguely of him being more of a pest who capture people with his bubbles! ("Evil Bubbling Menace" I think was his sub-title.) Now with the skullhead we could come up with something way more intimidating.... like an evil scientist caught in his vile pink bubbly acid concoction, melted down to just a skull, but somehow retaining his consciousness... then having a containment suit built for himself. So then he runs around spraying people with it to transform them as well. Not sure why he'd do that, exactly, but hey, we could come up with something!

Anyway, I still think there's hope for him from Super7, especially after seeing Fang-or get made, and knowing from talking to the Four Horsemen guys way back when Bubblor was originally announced as a runner-up that they liked him. So hey, hope springs eternal. (Or bubbles eternal...)
    Thank you for the insight, Mer Jim!
    When I saw the design of Bubblor, I was instantly reminded of Chemo, a build-a-figure of Mattel's DC Universe line:

As you can see, Chemo's translucent body is filled with bubbles aswell, which might look insanely awesome on a MOTUC buck!
    I thought Bubblor's "vintage" feature could have been to be filled with soapy water. Using the gun would use that water to produce bubbles. Let's hope he can be included with MOTUC somehow!
    Press down on dragon's head. It sprays enemies with a jet of water!
    Press down on a camera's shutter release. It will take pictures that tell stories!

Heroic Warrior
    Here is gbagok's version of him and his bio idea from the fan fiction forum

Bubblor is awesome. Probably my most wanted out of all of the newer designs.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

wow -- holy cow gbagok, that is awesome!! (I presume you did that just yesterday after my random thoughts? )

and Dragonblaster -- Chemo is totally one of my favorite figures, so yes, that inside-bubble look would be great for him!

- - - Updated - - -

update -- now I see gbagok had done his version like a month ago! And I'd never seen it... so somehow he read my mind from the future! Anyway, his version of the bio is WAY better. Endorsed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mer Jim View Post

Apperciate the insight on your creation, i always loving hearing what the creators initial thoughts were on who their character is and what his MO was meant to be.

Heroic Warrior
    There are a bunch more contest runner-up figures I would love Super 7 to make. People made customs of some that totally sold me, and I want. One was some 4-Arabian fellow? Liked it. Bubblor is great, too. There was also another western guy which would make a great nemesis for Rio Blast. Also, side note, I want a translucent green slime pit He-Man. We gotta get more of these faster... *sigh*

Yep, I still support Bubblor getting made and I want Major Header made too.

I think it would be cool if there was actual pink liquid inside Bubblor (and have his body made of hollow transparent (pink?) plastic) and we could pull some kind of a trigger like on a squirt gun somewhere on the figure that causes the liquid inside to bubble. That would be a very cool action feature.

Those fan-created ideas were great.

Hey, isn't it about time for us to have another one of those contests?
    Last edited by S'laargorath; March 5, 2017 at 02:30am.
    My MOTU most wanted: Slime Pit Bone Warriors, Major Header, Catra Cat Form, Lady Slither, Hunga the Harpy, Satma, Great Black Wizard, King Miro, Sha'gora, Mask of Power Demons, Red Knight, Beast Lord, Illumina, Lady Valtira, armored Crita, Old Man Marzo 200X, Teela 200X, Skeletor52, Teela52, Hans Hammer Holder, Robowoman, Bubblor, Movie Troopers, Movie Beastman, Goddess52, Red Beast

Yes, I saw the custom of Major Header a while back that was awesome. And Ra-Jar is the 4-armed dude... the mockup of him making the rounds was amazing!

Heck, I think they should have constant Create a Character contests, with fan voting and everything... that would get people involved and active in the whole thing!

Bubblor is now in my top five most wanted MOTUC figures. Really hope Super 7 includes the runners up form the CAC contest in their line up.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**