Thread: Forged Orger Art on Ebay Alert!

Forged Orger Art on Ebay Alert!

I just came across this on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Painting-He-...item23378cf2a5

...and it is a copy of some wonderful art that I know was made by someone here at the Org. The copycat even has his email address included as part of the listing. So by all means - contact him/her!

Sorry I'm not addressing this specifically to the artist by name, but I'm blanking on who exactly drew this 200X inspired Catra.

I really hope this gets bumpbed and Original Artist gets to see it and hopefully put a stop to it.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I just came across this on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Painting-He-...item23378cf2a5

...and it is a copy of some wonderful art that I know was made by someone here at the Org. The copycat even has his email address included as part of the listing. So by all means - contact him/her!

Sorry I'm not addressing this specifically to the artist by name, but I'm blanking on who exactly drew this 200X inspired Catra.
    If you dont subscribe because you can "just buy the figures off of ebay", there will be no figures on ebay to buy!!!

Check out THE LIST of MOTUC Custom Parts, Heads, Accessories and more!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ase-add-to-it!

I'm 99% certain that is gbagok's Catra.

Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
    I'm 99% certain that is gbagok's Catra.
    Yep, the pic was taken from his unofficial bios. It hasnt even been altered that much from the original pic!!
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Wow, yeah I guess that is one of my drawings of Catra traced on canvas or something?

Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I don't have anything to do with this seller, but as it's not the exact art he/she may be in the clear. The price alone seems like it ensures it won't go very far. Anyway I think this came up on the boards before and since Mattel owns the characters, there is not much I as a fan artist can really do about someone else copying my fan art. I'm flattered anyone would even want to copy it, but trying to sell it seems desperate.
    Last edited by gbagok; June 13, 2014 at 03:48pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Well since plenty of pros sell art featuring trademarked characters, I'm pretty sure there's something you can do. Contact Ebay and tell them this seller is copying art and selling it as his own, that you were the one to create that image (and it's an original design, so that surely helps) and that he may continue to sell other artist's work as his own if not stopped.

These types of people don't just do this kind of thing once. They keep on forging.

Email the seller and tell him you're the original artist and don't appreciate having your work copied. Ask why he did it and see what he says...

Please contact Ebay and stand up for yourself