Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NA Watching Club Interest?

Master of New Adventures!
    Thanks for that, El Door. But as I already have an NA thread I'm concerned my participation here could be redundant and I know the mods and admins try to avoid that. So perhaps it's best for you to all fly on your own and if you have questions I'll be pleased to answer them in my thread.

Quote Originally Posted by EL DOOR View Post
    3 sounds good to me. I can manage an hour a week and it's not too much Gepple.

Aw, please don't. Getting to watch the series then talk about it with the writer/creator weekly would be a real treat to some of us.

Yes! A kids perspective would be neat to hear. They see things so differently, I would be interested in their take. It is a kids show afterall.

I think this is a really great idea. Now I have to snag a copy somewhere.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Alright, I'll give it a shot. I'm in.

The Four Horsemen's MOTUC designs, 20 plus years, and my interest in characters like Mara, Crita, and the Mutants are why I'm open to it after all this time.

I'm way down for this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EL DOOR View Post
    Aw, please don't. Getting to watch the series then talk about it with the writer/creator weekly would be a real treat to some of us.
    I totally agree.

I vote for two a week. It would turn into a chore eventually if it were any more. Two would make it more of an event, and allow people a broader window to get in on the discussion if their schedule doesn't permit them to do so right away. I also vote for individual threads per episode. It would be awesome if they could all be in some kind of grouping for easier access. Maybe the title of each thread should be Club NA 01 "A New Beginning" That way people could do searches for Club NA, or for Club NA plus the number they're looking to post on and find them with ease. And people could do one for other series eventually, but searching for them would be easy, because they would be called "Club MOTU", "Club POP" and "Club 200x", although I say one series at a time, and definitely NA should be first.
    Last edited by nicholighkun; July 17, 2014 at 08:35pm.

I think maybe even just one episode a week would be best. That way you have plenty of time to watch it and comment on it. Trying to get three episodes in AND engage in conversation on three different episodes will make for less interesting discussions, in my opinion. Focusing on just one a week makes that easier, and discussion is concentrated just on that one episode.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I think maybe even just one episode a week would be best. That way you have plenty of time to watch it and comment on it. Trying to get three episodes in AND engage in conversation on three different episodes will make for less interesting discussions, in my opinion. Focusing on just one a week makes that easier, and discussion is concentrated just on that one episode.
    I think you have a good point there. Also, if it is rushed, it will be over too soon, and the experience won't be as rich, for the reasons you mentioned above. I kind of see this as a note taking kind of watching experience, meaning that it will be slightly more effort than just sitting down and watching a cartoon episode, making it a little harder to find the time for some people. But maybe I'm the only one with that intention too.

In regards to the hub idea, this thread's opening post could also provide links to each individual episode discussion thread.
    Last edited by nicholighkun; July 17, 2014 at 10:33pm.

All great ideas and suggestions so far! I'm fine with one a week, people won't get burned out and we could make this last for a while. I'll start a thread up on Monday for the first episode.
    Creator of the New Adventures Watching Club, come join us! Click here!

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

I would suggest you mention, for anyone not familiar with NA, that the series is episodic -- i.e., one episode leading to another -- rather than the traditional stand-alones seen in most other animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by HordakQuack View Post
    All great ideas and suggestions so far! I'm fine with one a week, people won't get burned out and we could make this last for a while. I'll start a thread up on Monday for the first episode.

one a week is absolutely cool with me, and will also likely work better for involving my kids. cool. and, so we're starting THIS week? (I'll involve them and share their feedback as we go as well then.) thanks for starting this!

It's Tuesday. What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    It's Tuesday. What happened?
    Sorry, I started a new job on Monday and it's been a rough couple of days so far. I'll make up the thread now and we'll get that going!

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Updated first post with links to each episode discussed so far! Please join in the fun!

I've started watching the NA series from the beginning over the holidays and I must say I've found a whole new appreciation for this series. Ive always liked NA, but now even more as I find watching the series now from the beginning has been highly enjoyable.

I really like Skeletor, such a humorous villain with great one liners. I also like Flogg, who was been my favorite character ever since NA began. Love the space saga it represents, placing He-man away from his world and time to save the last remnants of a human race in another star system.

I remember cringing at some of the episodes when I was younger but now I find them fun to watch. My new found appreciation must have been elevated with MOTUC and how such amazing NA figures were produced since the first figure. I'm at episode 9 and look forward to the entire series!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2019: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man and movie figures

Awwwwwww...

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    I've started watching the NA series from the beginning over the holidays and I must say I've found a whole new appreciation for this series. Ive always liked NA, but now even more as I find watching the series now from the beginning has been highly enjoyable.

I really like Skeletor, such a humorous villain with great one liners. I also like Flogg, who was been my favorite character ever since NA began. Love the space saga it represents, placing He-man away from his world and time to save the last remnants of a human race in another star system.

I remember cringing at some of the episodes when I was younger but now I find them fun to watch. My new found appreciation must have been elevated with MOTUC and how such amazing NA figures were produced since the first figure. I'm at episode 9 and look forward to the entire series!

Heroic Warrior
    Sharing my video thoughts on the matter..

No one else wants to join us on this fun journey?!?!
    I want to join. I know the post started 3 years ago, maybe some want to do a round two?

Of course! Everyone that wants to hop on board can start with episode one and watch and comment on the other threads too!

Updated with episode 9! Going to try to do a better job with running this and getting more people on board to go through the series and hopefully hit up the MYP, She-ra and classic series too.

Well that only took sixteen months.

Updated with episode 9! Going to try to do a better job with running this and getting more people on board to go through the series and hopefully hit up the MYP, She-ra and classic series too.

My son is 14 months, think it's a coincidence?

With three children of my own and having loved changed countless diapers, believe me, I've been there and empathize and am supportive. Family is EVERYTHING. Enjoy every moment. They're only young for a little while. My favorite quote about children is "When you have children, the days are long but the years go by fast." One minute you're diapering them and the next they're asking you about the principles of Texas Hold 'Em poker. Savor the blessing of your child's infancy, because the day will inevitably and inexorably arrive in about four or five years when you hear the words every parent truly fears: "Daddy, I can do it myself."

My son is 14 months, think it's a coincidence?

Episode 10 is up!

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Where is Episode 11?
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

I started an episode 11 thread since there has been no new episode threads since July of last year. I might do at least a few episode threads if HordakQuack is too busy and the participation is enough.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...36#post3828136