Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sailor Moon Crystal- New reboot cartoon Thread

Movie mayhem!

Sailor Moon getting its much over due relaunch in 2013!

SO it has been announced that Sailor Moon is getting a relaunch! Who is excited???

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...boPLUGmddFK.01

Sailor Moon Manga Gets New Anime Series in Summer 2013 (Update 4)
    posted on 2012-07-06 08:16 EDT
    Worldwide simultaneous release targeted; Momoiro Clover Z to sing theme
    The idol group Momoiro Clover Z, publisher Kodansha, and creator Naoko Takeuchi announced on Friday that a new anime adaptation of Takeuchi's Sailor Moon manga is being produced. The new anime series is aimed for release next summer, and Momoiro Clover Z will perform a theme song.

Momoiro Clover Z made the announcement during a live event celebrating the 20th anniversary of the manga. Momoiro Clover Z sang the first Sailor Moon anime's theme song "Moonlight Densetsu" at the event via a live video feed from France, where they are guests of Japan Expo.

Update: More background information added. Although Kotono Mitsuishi and Tohru Furuya, the voices of Sailor Moon/Usagi Tsukino and Tuxedo Mask/Mamoru Chiba in the first Sailor Moon anime, were present at the live event, the event did not specify that they will reprise their roles in the new series. The event also did not specify which song Momoiro Clover Z will perform as a theme song of the new anime.

Update 2: Kodansha editor Fumio Osano confirmed that the new anime project is not a film project. [Via Tadashi Sudo]

Update 3: Osano also emphasized that no details have been set for a hypothetical broadcast. However, the staff intends to release the new anime worldwide simultaneously. Source: Oricon

Update 4: During the event, Mitsuishi mused aloud if she will appear in the new anime. In a blog post after the event, she said that she is eager to play a role in it. Thanks, Ford Prefect.

Heroic Warrior
    Holy sweet Jiminy Crickets that's awesome!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I am interested but I am also not too excited until I know what we are actually getting.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    As long as the follow the manga, I am cool with it. If not, I hope they do something new since they just did the Beryl saga a few years ago in the live action series.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    YAY! That's so cool. I LOVED Sailor Moon...I still do! I'm glad this is finally coming. It's been rumoured for such a long time! The only thing that bums me out a bit is that I had hoped She-Ra would get a relaunch before Sailor Moon. Well, it's nice to see other companies realizing the potential of their brands!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Happy at this news. One thing that should happen is when they do a deal with the US to distribute the anime is have a strict 'no edits' policy in place (Studio Ghibli have one) as we all know how what happened to the original
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I hope we finally get some SH Figuarts of them.

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
    Happy at this news. One thing that should happen is when they do a deal with the US to distribute the anime is have a strict 'no edits' policy in place (Studio Ghibli have one) as we all know how what happened to the original
    Part of the reason it has taken this long to get a relaunch is the creator had final word and refused to accept any offers that didn't uphold to their standards. They weren't pleased with how Smoon was handled back when when it was ported to different countries. Sounds like this is going to be a worldwide release and I think we can be pretty certain its going to be AWESOME! :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Agostinho View Post
    I hope we finally get some SH Figuarts of them.
    Yea that would be super cool!

Figuarts or Figmas or even Revoltech would be awesome. After seeing Play Arts Catwoman I'll take a few Sailor Warriors in the Play Arts style.

I love the franchise. I even watched the live action show.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Part of the reason it has taken this long to get a relaunch is the creator had final word and refused to accept any offers that didn't uphold to their standards. They weren't pleased with how Smoon was handled back when when it was ported to different countries. Sounds like this is going to be a worldwide release and I think we can be pretty certain its going to be AWESOME! :-)
    But that will mean that the Japanese have to put up with a toned down version (dumbed down) to keep the soccer mums happy. Im sorry Japan but this is what happens to your stuff in the West.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

YAY! Super exciting!
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

If you watch the 2006 live action version you'll see toned down isn't nessarally bad (Not like we'll ever get the show anyway as it's a show with female protagonists and those are few and far between here in the us)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

They're not gonna redesign them all in pants just to appease the baffleingly vocal PC "think of the children" hipsters who ruined DC heroines are they
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

Movie mayhem!
    If I had to guess this will be done similarly to FullMetal Alch. A retread with modern animation that follows much more closely to the manga without all the filler episodes.

If thats the case COOl ... BUT I hope after they finish the manga if its popular they keep going with a new story!

Um, if they follow the manga, that is going to be quite hard for them to keep going with a new story unless they completely change the ending.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Interesting, wonder how they'll approach the story this time. it'll also mean new dolls, looking forward to that.

Movie mayhem!
    Well I mean... they could go a lot of different ways. Doesn't even have to continue with the sailors we know.

Asp'r the Contrarian SnakeMenPriest's Avatar
    Saban Moon! For the love of Serpos please let Saban Moon become a reality!

--SMP
    In Kansas, it is a crime to eat rattlesnake meat in public.
    You are upsetting the blessing of the Snake God. ALL HAIL RATTLOR!!

Check out 2-bad's Original epic: Origins of The SnakeMen!

Movie mayhem!
    So what all do people want to see happen? A redo of the past stories? Starting out where it left off? A children of type situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    So what all do people want to see happen? A redo of the past stories? Starting out where it left off? A children of type situation?
    I want it to be true to the manga like FMA Brotherhood was.

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    cool news Ive been seeing Sailor Moon shirts at Hot Topic the 90s revival is in full swing
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

Heroic Warrior

New Sailor Moon series next year

I don't know if anyone has posted this already but there will be a new series coming out next year in Japan. I also know that the original voice actors for Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask are returning. There has been no more information since this was anounced a few months ago.

Movie mayhem!
    The vendors for the Sailor Moon Manga relaunch didn't seem to have any new info. Hoping next year we'll maybe see a presence at some of the cons? Or is that too early still

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Can't wait!! Wonder if it'll be a retelling of old stories, or new stuff.

Maybe the introduction of both the inner and outer soldiers closer together, in the first season, perhaps? The outer soldiers are, by far, my favorites.
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    I hope it's the same characters. If Venus and Mars aren't Venus and Mars, I won't be much interested. But I'd also like to see a new story. I don't want to see the same thing yet again.

Unless it's done like Evangelion. Then it could be interesting.