View Poll Results: Would you still collect at a smaller scale?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 8.20%
  • No

83 68.03%
  • Maybe

31 25.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you collect a new line in a different scale?

Heroic Warrior

Would you collect a new line in a different scale?

Scott recently hinted on the whispering woods pod cast about a smaller scale....
    Would you still collect/start again, if this turned out to be the case?

I'm really on the fence about this, as a good and loyal mattel fan and Motu fanboy I would feel obligated to collect if that even makes sense. Having said that Classics is the perfect scale to me and I would rather it continue than restart. I love 3 and 3/4 sized figures if they are crafted right. I've seen my fair share of warped plastics, loose joints, and terrible paint jobs on smaller scale figures so I'm very picky about their appearance in stores so a sub model plan might not work for me anymore. It would actually be much more likely that I just become a cherry picker full time only getting figures that I consider important to me.

Maybe, I have no rabid feelings either way.

It would depend on how they look and how well they would fit in with my smaller scale stuff.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Maybe...depends on the scale at what the figures look like.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Nope! If it's not in the same exact buck size as MOTUC's them i'm done. I didn't spend thousands of dollars over 6 years just to be asked to start over in a smaller scale. Scott told us characters Like Lord Masque and other filmation characters along with Pop Varients and 200x varients were possible in 2016 should we sell in a 2015 line. If Mattel changes the buck size then I'm out!
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Maybe...depends on the scale at what the figures look like.
    Your always the best!
    "Problems Weaver?"

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Nope! If it's not in the same exact buck size as MOTUC's them i'm done. I didn't spend thousands of dollars over 6 years just to be asked to start over in a smaller scale. Scott told us characters Like Lord Masque and other filmation characters along with Pop Varients and 200x varients were possible in 2016 should we sell in a 2015 line. If Mattel changes the buck size then I'm out!
    Exactly this. Keep this scale going and existing customers will stay, go away from it, and you will lose a good number of us.
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

Heroic Warrior
    Yep, they did this with marvel legends, and I was ******, and there was no way I was going to get new small versions of guys I've already got already in my preferred scale, but then they start to produce figures that they didn't do in legends, like Deathshead , but rather than making me want to buy them, it just irritates me more, the only ones I would get would be shrinking/growing characters ,

I vote No!!!

After Classics and any future 6" MOTU figures that might feature a different packaging sub-line name but that are still 100% fully compatible with the pre-existing Classics line, I am out.
    I will not start a collection in a different scale or sculpt style from scratch ever again.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Nope. I may have only been collecting this line since 2012, but my collection is already massive! If Matty abandons this scale, I'll look for other companies creating product which could be used to continue to expand my kingdom.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I have to agree.

I would love to see a new line at some stage and be happy if it was a success, but I wouldn't be buying them. This buck needs to keep being used for me to cough up my pounds.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Yes, I would collect MOTU in a smaller scale, provided I like the sculpts and articulation. Granted, I would Cherry Pick, but I do that with everything.

Maybe this would be an effort by MATTEL to keep MOTU out there, but at a cheaper price point, and possibly aiming at an entirely different demographic?

Always Expect the Unexpected!

No. I really do not like 3 3/4 inch figures
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

No, I'm trying to downsize my collecting due to space issues. I already cut down on my WWE figures and I'm only following MOTUC until it ends. If it goes to a different scale, even with playsets or vehicles, I will pass on it. It will take years to surpass MOTUC's roster and I don't think they'll look as nice. If it's at retail, then that's worse for me. I just don't have time to hunt around stores anymore, looking for those shortpacked figures.

MOTUC is one of the last dedicated, expansive series of figures (And arguably, among the best!) and I'm happy to have found it at a good time. I feel that I have the perfect set of He-Man figures, so I don't need to start over again.
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

Heroic Warrior
    Absolutely not.

The current line is WHY I'M COLLECTING MOTU AGAIN TO BEGIN WITH. Perfect scale. Perfect- PERFECT- articulation and character portraits.

If Mattel uses this buck anywhere else, like they did for Darkseid, I'll buy it wherever I find it. That's how much I love this product.

However, if they 'dumb down' the articulation, or try to 'Total Heroes' their MOTU offerings (more like Total Garbage- am I the only one that dislikes these Sigma Six clones?!?), or as asked, move into a different scale, then I will respectfully take my money elsewhere.

I can scarcely believe that Mattel's even considering this.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Nope.

Scale change and I'm out.

I'd buy Imaginext MOTU figures but that's something different. I don't want a 1:18 MOTUC scale line or something to that affect.
    Last edited by Bonehead; July 6, 2014 at 10:45pm.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    A million times no. Like the above post, these figures are exactly how I wanted them. The only way I'll be buying a MOTU line after this one is:

a) Imaginext
    b) Lego (and I mean Lego, not Megablocks or Kreo)

If they were in scale and same articulation as the vintage motu, I would be in.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Queen Angela, Lodar & Hunga the Harpy

Zero interest in this. No Classics style, I'm out.

Heroic Warrior
    The Classics are the pinnacle of the Masters of the Universe franchise, for me, anyway, so I will not start a new collection of figures in a different scale...

If a continuity (with reissues) of the vintage toyline yes.
    Out of that, no way.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Classics as they are or nothing
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    No, it must be in the same scale.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

In 2016? No, change the scale and I won't collect them.

If there's a break before a relaunch with a new style to go along with the smaller scale? Potentially, yes, I'd buy them.

I gotta vote maybe. The reality is that if there were no MOTUC, if it were truly over, and there was a new line, well...

I'd have the scratch to put toward this new line, and no other MOTU to collect. So it is quite possible. I cannot say that what they'd make is something I'd want, in as much as I have limited space so it'd have to be something that I felt added to the MOTU property overall.

For instance I have a little vintage stuff, some 200x stuff, and my new definative favourite MOTUC. So just another reboot of the same old stuff...I'd think I may skip it. Like these new minimasters. Really cool, but I dont really need them.

now if it were something like "Son of He-Man", an entirely new line moving the property forward, sure I would be bummed it wasnt in MOTUC style, but I would have to jump on that. And frankly I could hold out that they would do, say, a SDCC Special figure of one of the new designs in MOTUC style, and that would be very cool. It would fill multiple needs.

So it just really depends.