Thread: Wakandar - stealth warrior of the vine jungle

Wakandar - stealth warrior of the vine jungle

Decided it was time to bring my favorite character into the MOTUC fold.

WAKANDAR

Bio: When a battle in his village destroyed his home and left him orphaned Tchalla took refuge in the vine jungle learning how to survive by living off the land. He adapted to jungle life by mimicking the behavior of the creatures that lived there and not only survived but thrived, designing a costume that allowed him to blend into the shadows and move stealthily through the dense forest. One day Tchalla unearthed an ancient ruin where he discovered a powerful artificat – the Panther Stone of Wa-kan-da. Feeling the stone's power he fashioned himself an amulet and when wearing it was granted special powers enhancing his strength, speed and senses. Using the gifts of the amulet he took on the role of protector, helping the helpless and preyed upon. He frequently found himself combating the forces of King Choloh and Gygor and eventually fought alongside Wun-Dar. Finding in Wun-Dar a kindred spirit, Wakandar quickly became a valued ally in defending Eternia from the evils that threatened to consume it.

Recipe: Faceless One body; Hordak trunks; Mo-Larr Boots; DCUC Dark Knight Returns head w/ sculpted mouth
    Last edited by PantherCult; July 7, 2014 at 02:49pm.

Legends Comparison

This is great! What did you use to sculpt over the face?

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    well done: really effective.

great bio too.

Quote Originally Posted by mkULTRA View Post
    This is great! What did you use to sculpt over the face?
    I typically use Aves Apoxie Sculpt. If you're not familiar - it's a 2 part putty that stays workable for a couple of hours but air dries. I love the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    well done: really effective.

great bio too.
    Thanks - it's important to me in my customizing to work the character in to the overall MOTUC mythos.

Nice, it definitely works!
    HAVES: MOSS MAN, ADORA, Mantenna, King Randor
    WANTS: Webstor
    Toyguru Collector Supreme posted December 12, 2013 "Can't understand what you are asking. Sorry."
    Toyguru Marketing Manager Mattel posted March 16, 2014 "Every great project from toys to movie and a TV usually need a fan base to support it and an "internal champion" that keeps it going through the system."

Looks great! I've often wondered (and considered making) various marvel heroes would look like on MOTUC bodies.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Heroic Warrior
    I made one of these guys too, eventually want to make a motuc moonknight as well, they are both in my top 10 superhero's

Quote Originally Posted by stormtripper View Post
    I made one of these guys too, eventually want to make a motuc moonknight as well, they are both in my top 10 superhero's
    Ooh.. Moon Knight would totally work as an MOTUC figure... Kon-Shu sworn enemy of Nepthu....or something.

Looks awesome. How do you swap the loincloths?

Amazing work. I love this custom, it's very well thought-out. Also, nice touch with the spear.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Looks awesome. How do you swap the loincloths?
    Swapping loin cloths is fairly easy. Heat up the lower half of the figure - pop off the legs at the thigh pegs then stretch the softened warm loin cloth over the hips and replace with another. The loin cloth snaps back into shhape well.

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    Swapping loin cloths is fairly easy. Heat up the lower half of the figure - pop off the legs at the thigh pegs then stretch the softened warm loin cloth over the hips and replace with another. The loin cloth snaps back into shhape well.
    Thank you very much! Sorry about the delay in my response. I can't believe it's been 10 days

Heroic Warrior
    Wow great job he looks good