Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Club NA 01 "A New Beginning"

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    I see, the door. I just noticed your name btw. I was previously reading it as Eldor.

nice.
    It is Eldor, just the upcoming 2016 SOH reboot version. Hehe.

Few other things I thought-
    Drissi and Sebrian, I know they do more (powers) so I'm looking forward to seeing how they develop since I don't exactly remember what all they can do. Drissi spoke with a lizard and He-Man's bird IIRC, is she limited in anyway?

Was Andros and random thugs appearance all Jetlag or was a description given in the story? Makes me wonder if there could be a Prahvus or Goat Man connection somehow?
    IT'S BEEN A LONG CRAZY RIDE SINCE 2008!

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Agreed. Sebrian's voice and visualization is great. While in Filmation he got more of a warrior mentor with Man-at-Arms, Sebrian is more of the wise elder type of mentor.

I forgot to mention that in my post. There are a lot more Filmation/"old" MOTU inspiration in this series than people give it credit. The morals at the end of the episodes is one of those. These even continued into the 200x series (though if I remember correctly they eventually abandoned them in MYP).

Good observation about Sebrian/Man-at-Arms. It was intentional. I wanted to carry that through -- to make He-man a little less reliant on physical power, to rely a little more on his intellect, giving the unspoken subtext that often intellect is as powerful as or more so than physical strength. Similarly, I wanted to take things in a different direction with Skeletor, making him a bit less evil and a little more humorous. His humor didn't just come out of nowhere, btw. Back on Eternia he was the top of the hill villain. On Primus he's suddenly surrounded by many technologically advanced mutants vying for the top of the hill evilness. I thought it was prudent for him to cool it until he got the lay of the land and that using humor might occur to him as a way to achieve that.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; July 30, 2014 at 03:27pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    I wanted to take things in a different direction with Skeletor, making him a bit less evil and a little more humorous. His humor didn't just come out of nowhere, btw. Back on Eternia he was the top of the hill villain. On Primus he's suddenly surrounded by many technologically advanced mutants vying for the top of the hill evilness. I thought it was prudent for him to cool it until he got the lay of the land and that using humor might occur to him as a way to achieve that.
    That's cool. I've always like Skeletor in this series, and that was my take on him. I never really put it together that his demeanor was actually different in the show, depending on the planet we were on at the time.

I was referencing Carly Folkes in the T-Mobile commercials of a few years ago. And yes, I know there are no polka dots on the dress she's got on in this commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7gaPWeZMdw

But since few besides me remember anything from more than three years ago, I probably should have referred to Jana Kramer in the Nationwide Insurance commercials. My bad.

http://blog.nationwide.com/brand-new...gs-commercial/

Anyway, moot point since I misinterpreted your well made observation. Still, it gives us an opportunity to look at pretty gals in commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I have zero clue what the heck you are talking about with the commercial...

Why are you assuming that I was judging Skeletor on his looks? My point was that they knew one of them wasn't the champion of good they were looking for, yet they brought both back to the future. That made no sense. Skeletor's looks had zero to do with my point.

No one here is blaming anyone about anything.

It's a discussion thread to give our opinions on the episode.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; July 30, 2014 at 03:49pm.

so, I caught this thread at work today, thankfully reminding me of this... and so the girls and I watched the first episode tonight before they went to bed. (they're excited to be "joining in on this club."
    the girls quickly recognized that this story must take place after all the other old (filmation/myp/comic) stories. they didn't mind that He-Man and Skeletor looked and sounded different (probably because already familiar with those toy versions as well), but found it odd that the king and queen looked different. (?lol?) they like the introduction of new characters, but both felt the series would be better if it also included more "new adventures versions" of the older/original characters, too. and, Teela found it odd that we didn't get to hear how far in the future they went, and/or why it was to a different place (than Eternia.)
    Teela likes this Skeletor better, actually, and thinks he's funny and likes his laugh... she also thought it was funny he was "pretending to be good", and she slyly smiled about the "who's in charge" thing at the end... her stating that skeletor's really in charge.
    Both liked the music, and felt the bad guys were awesome ("but not more awesome than the old bad guys"), and they both liked everything about the council, as something new.
    Kylie liked the intro and everything He-Man said in it, and she likes the new version of the sorceress (but misses the "bird mask"), and she thought it was really cool that He-Man can shoot blasts out of the sword now.
    Teela said Andros was like a "new adventures goat man" (!!!), but felt it didn't make sense that we didn't get to learn who those horned guys were.

As for MY thoughts, I do wish they'd mirrored the original designs for He-Man and Skelly while first shown still on Eternia, and for the only "BY the Power of GRAYSKULL", before then giving some quick reason for the change in looks (which, I agree is well-done in short-form in the mini-comics)... this would have served for a better bridge between the series, and also helped alleviate the prince adam plot hole you guys were discussing... if the "nephew adam of Leviton" LOOKED different than the "prince adam of Eternos" it would help excuse Skeletor's lack of recognition abit.
    I don't mind Skeletor's characterization at all, but I DO wish his voice was abit more like Oppenheimer's, and a little less like Nicholson's. lol.
    I enjoy some of the unsung parallels to the original series... Sebrian/Mara mirror Duncan/Teela pretty well, in both the villains are attempting to attack/break into something (the shield/Grayskull) in a bid to take control of their world, the bumbling villains stumbling over each other and getting tossed into each other, the Power Sword deflecting energy blasts (one of my personal FAVORITE He-Man things!), to name a choice few.
    I also liked the depiction of Snake Mountain and Skeletor's bone throne!
    I actually am fine with Hydron and Flipshot's taking both He-Man and Skeletor with them back to Primus, as it was depicted... the portal was closing, and as said they simply had no choice/time. (abit cliché/contrived perhaps, but I felt it worked within its own context.) Oh, and Teela thought it was funny and awesome that they were STILL fighting when they came out of the ship back on Primus.
    Kylie enjoyed Hydron and Flipshot splashing down into the mud when arriving on Eternia... (which I felt was a GREAT "nod" to the original series and the well-known presence of mud on Eternia! lol.
    Poignantly, I love that at the end of this episode the Mutants are shown being successful in breaking through the shield (which we'd been told they'd been trying for a while and would lead to Primus's doom), and this was just as He-Man arrived as sought, and in fact it IS He-Man that WINS the FIRST battle with the Mutants and rescues Primus and its people. awesome. and, Teela liked the "then this is a great day" line from Sebrian following this.
    Kylie liked U.R. in the moral, but felt it was very odd that the roller coaster scene of the moral "came out of nowhere." lol.

We're looking forward to moving forward through the series with you guys, and wanted to say that it's very cool of you to be taking part as well, Jack! until next time....

Thank you for your final comment, Kevin. But as I've often said, "Writers, producers, directors and actors are nothing without fans." So It's me that should thank everyone here for viewing the NA episodes. And I do.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    so, I caught this thread at work today, thankfully reminding me of this... and so the girls and I watched the first episode tonight before they went to bed. (they're excited to be "joining in on this club."
    the girls quickly recognized that this story must take place after all the other old (filmation/myp/comic) stories. they didn't mind that He-Man and Skeletor looked and sounded different (probably because already familiar with those toy versions as well), but found it odd that the king and queen looked different. (?lol?) they like the introduction of new characters, but both felt the series would be better if it also included more "new adventures versions" of the older/original characters, too. and, Teela found it odd that we didn't get to hear how far in the future they went, and/or why it was to a different place (than Eternia.)
    Teela likes this Skeletor better, actually, and thinks he's funny and likes his laugh... she also thought it was funny he was "pretending to be good", and she slyly smiled about the "who's in charge" thing at the end... her stating that skeletor's really in charge.
    Both liked the music, and felt the bad guys were awesome ("but not more awesome than the old bad guys"), and they both liked everything about the council, as something new.
    Kylie liked the intro and everything He-Man said in it, and she likes the new version of the sorceress (but misses the "bird mask"), and she thought it was really cool that He-Man can shoot blasts out of the sword now.
    Teela said Andros was like a "new adventures goat man" (!!!), but felt it didn't make sense that we didn't get to learn who those horned guys were.

As for MY thoughts, I do wish they'd mirrored the original designs for He-Man and Skelly while first shown still on Eternia, and for the only "BY the Power of GRAYSKULL", before then giving some quick reason for the change in looks (which, I agree is well-done in short-form in the mini-comics)... this would have served for a better bridge between the series, and also helped alleviate the prince adam plot hole you guys were discussing... if the "nephew adam of Leviton" LOOKED different than the "prince adam of Eternos" it would help excuse Skeletor's lack of recognition abit.
    I don't mind Skeletor's characterization at all, but I DO wish his voice was abit more like Oppenheimer's, and a little less like Nicholson's. lol.
    I enjoy some of the unsung parallels to the original series... Sebrian/Mara mirror Duncan/Teela pretty well, in both the villains are attempting to attack/break into something (the shield/Grayskull) in a bid to take control of their world, the bumbling villains stumbling over each other and getting tossed into each other, the Power Sword deflecting energy blasts (one of my personal FAVORITE He-Man things!), to name a choice few.
    I also liked the depiction of Snake Mountain and Skeletor's bone throne!
    I actually am fine with Hydron and Flipshot's taking both He-Man and Skeletor with them back to Primus, as it was depicted... the portal was closing, and as said they simply had no choice/time. (abit cliché/contrived perhaps, but I felt it worked within its own context.) Oh, and Teela thought it was funny and awesome that they were STILL fighting when they came out of the ship back on Primus.
    Kylie enjoyed Hydron and Flipshot splashing down into the mud when arriving on Eternia... (which I felt was a GREAT "nod" to the original series and the well-known presence of mud on Eternia! lol.
    Poignantly, I love that at the end of this episode the Mutants are shown being successful in breaking through the shield (which we'd been told they'd been trying for a while and would lead to Primus's doom), and this was just as He-Man arrived as sought, and in fact it IS He-Man that WINS the FIRST battle with the Mutants and rescues Primus and its people. awesome. and, Teela liked the "then this is a great day" line from Sebrian following this.
    Kylie liked U.R. in the moral, but felt it was very odd that the roller coaster scene of the moral "came out of nowhere." lol.

We're looking forward to moving forward through the series with you guys, and wanted to say that it's very cool of you to be taking part as well, Jack! until next time....

Just curious Jack, are you watching these with us? That would be very cool, but I would expect you to be very busy with work and family. It would mighty awesome though. It would be probably refresh you memory a bit too.

Time does not allow. Heavily into pre-production on two projects and development in anticipation of Fall 2014 Pitch Season on three others. Occasionally dropping in here is my oasis.

Just curious Jack, are you watching these with us? That would be very cool, but I would expect you to be very busy with work and family. It would mighty awesome though. It would probably refresh you memory a bit too.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Ok, finally got the DVD for the first 33 episodes, and just watched the first episode. I want to say, I hated New Adventures when it premiered. It felt like such a slap in the face, from the redesigns (ponytail He-Man and eyeballed Skeletor) to the animation (more earthly instead of the vibrant Filmation) to everything else (the awful new toy scale, too many human characters, etc...). With that said, thanks to the 4H's MOTUC designs, nice folks here on the .org, and simply time to accept this didn't destroy the Masters of the Universe I loved as a kid, decided to give it a second chance. More curiousity than anything I suppose.

First episode -Many of the posters here have articulated many of my issues with the episode (Ex. the Scientists as awful comic relief, Andros, etc...), so I'm going to focus on the positives....

1) Drissi is hot. She visually makes the episode better. (We need a Drissi MOTUC, now!)

2) Caz is surprisingly likable. He's got more fight than Hydron and Flipshot so far. I thought I'd be irritated by Caz, but I like him so far. He's a better Scrappy-Doo.

3) Primus in danger from invasion now, it gives something to root for. He-Man is secondary to me. I want to see what happens to Primus and how it responds. From a world of peace to a warzone? I'm hoping we see some episodes where the Mutants do some serious damage to the city and it gets the people fighting for their freedom (and they gain their courage, much how I envision Hydron and Flipshot may turn out).

4) The music isn't bad.

5) I see a lot of potential just from the first episode. I just wish it was a little more serious. The MOTUC designs give NA a seriousness that brings a legitimacy to it for me. Of course, this was a series for kids, so I get why it wasn't too dark. I guess this series is such a visual departure from Filmation, they should have just made it darker.

One thing I forgot to mention, and will probably be able to better articulate it later on, is how measurement of time on Primus is by the made up "telks", or however you spell it, but virtually nothing else has a different non-Earth-English word for it. That has annoyed me. So, EVERYTHING about their language is the same as English except for their measurement of time? Jack, I'm sure you can go into detail on that, but just wondered why you chose that one thing to be different?

Also, as The All American stated above, Caz is not your normal bratty annoying kid that we are used to with the Filmation series. Nearly every child character in Filmation was annoying in some manner, and Caz seems as mature as Master Sebrian in comparison!
    2015 MOTUC Line is ON! (Now make Tuskador PLEASE)

Because time is different on every planet -- a year on Earth, Mars, Jupiter is very different from each other -- I decided to refer to units of time with a different phrase on Primus. Other elements, such as pain, pleasure, life, death, fear, courage, tend to be relatively the same from planet to planet so I decided not to use different phrases as they are pretty much universal.

'Telks' is the correct spelling, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    One thing I forgot to mention, and will probably be able to better articulate it later on, is how measurement of time on Primus is by the made up "telks", or however you spell it, but virtually nothing else has a different non-Earth-English word for it. That has annoyed me. So, EVERYTHING about their language is the same as English except for their measurement of time? Jack, I'm sure you can go into detail on that, but just wondered why you chose that one thing to be different?

Also, as The All American stated above, Caz is not your normal bratty annoying kid that we are used to with the Filmation series. Nearly every child character in Filmation was annoying in some manner, and Caz seems as mature as Master Sebrian in comparison!

Hey Jack, when you wrote for this show, were the action scenes laid out by the storyboard artist completely, or did you go into detail in the script about the action? If it was generally the story board artists job, did you ever end up writing the details of an action scene into the script, and if so, can you tell us which ones so that we can appreciate them as your own work? Thank you Jack.

I think it's awesome to get to correspond with the writer of a show that you love. Where else can you do that?

Great questions, Nich.

Whenever I write or have written scripts I go into excruciating detail on action scenes, delineating those scenes shot by shot and angle by angle. I've found that studios and artists like this because it gives them a blueprint to go by. This is in no way meant to diminish the artists' and studio's work as all I'm providing is that blueprint.

That said, I was fortunate in that NA Producer Mark Taylor called me in to review and make comments on all episodes' storyboards and that was a particular pleasure.

Hey Jack, when you wrote for this show, were the action scenes laid out by the storyboard artist completely, or did you go into detail in the script about the action? If it was generally the story board artists job, did you ever end up writing the details of an action scene into the script, and if so, can you tell us which ones so that we can appreciate them as your own work? Thank you Jack.

I think it's awesome to get to correspond with the writer of a show that you love. Where else can you do that?

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Really the only thing I would have changed was something that was already mentioned -- explanations for the new outfits. It would have been nice to see a more classic He-Man/Skeletor while on Eternia and then something happens when He-Man transforms on Primus or such. But, I can also understand why that didn't happen as well.

This episode will always be one of my all-time favorites for the legacy of MOTU/POP as I absolutely loved the scene where Prince Adam reveals to Randor and Marlena that he is He-Man and the words the Sorceress speaks afterwards. Great scene!

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Here's the thread for the 2nd episode!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-Crystals-quot
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Here is "A New Beginning" in newspaper strips version....the focus is when Hydron and Flipshot invades Castle Grayskull to beg He-Man's help...

To prove they came in peace, Flipshot reveals that in the future, everyone knows He-Man's secret identity....

90-11-26.png

90-11-27.png

90-11-28.png

Quote Originally Posted by HordakQuack View Post
    Here's the thread for the 2nd episode!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-Crystals-quot
    I was really liking the one a week idea. I think there's enough discussion going to last a week, plus, two a week will inevitably cause scheduling problems for most people. Not my club, so I can only suggest it. If you do two a week, I'll do my best to keep up with you, but I think one is a better, more easy going pace.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    Here is "A New Beginning" in newspaper strips version....the focus is when Hydron and Flipshot invades Castle Grayskull to beg He-Man's help...

To prove they came in peace, Flipshot reveals that in the future, everyone knows He-Man's secret identity....

90-11-26.png

90-11-27.png

90-11-28.png
    Great find!

Might as well jump in on this before I get too far behind!

Little background: I came in at just the right time to LOVE the idea of NA He-Man. I was coming off of a love of the old toys (not so much the toon though, as I was too young to remember anything beyond colors and sounds) so I was ready to see them "evolve", in a way. Skeletor was a big favorite, so seeing him get wounded and totally rip into himself to insert cybernetics was TOTALLY up my alley! Granted...that was in the minicomic.

Somehow I managed to completely miss the toon, save for a couple times where I saw parts of episodes. I don't know why I wasn't able to catch it. Chances are, it was just at an odd timeslot. This will be my first time really watching through it. We'll see if I can keep up, since I'll have to see this all on youtube.

"A New Beginning"

- WOW, that animation is nostalgic! I see it was done by a Japanese animation studio, and it shows! Reminds me of Thundercats and other old 80's anime style shows. And man, is it slick! I LOVE the design of the Mutant's main ship. Once again, it really takes me back to watching old anime. Big thumbs up to the designers on that ship and much of the landscapes.

- We start off strong, with a clear idea of peace and those who would threaten it. They believe they're safe, but Sebrian knows the shield will fail at some point, so they need help. Ignoring He-Man completely; I think this holds up really well. I wonder...if this hadn't been about He-Man at all....would people have accepted it better? The opening drew me in pretty quick, and I'm sure it would have if I had watched it as a kid, too. If you replace He-Man and Skeletor with some random hero and villain, I don't think people would have complained as much. It might even hold out as an interesting Sci-Fi show from back in the day. BUT...that's just the feeling I get from the opening.

- Once again: LOVE the Mutant's ship and everything about their surroundings! Perhaps, were I a kid while watching this, I would have seen them as standard villains. I know they seem to be portrayed as such. Watching it now, though, I almost feel bad. Everyone is different and they only have this focused goal of "TAKE THE PLANET!" and nothing else. What happened to these guys? You don't just viciously lash out without someone poking you first. Who poked the Mutants?

- HOLY MOTHER OF.....OW! Why do the scientists have to have such horrid voices? I can hear one of them being voiced by the guy who does Flipshot, at least (I can pick him out easily from all the Gundam Wing I used to watch). I understand they're supposed to be comical, and hey, our biggest minds can sometimes look insane, but these guys really don't seem competent at all! They bungle right off the bat. Perhaps they just need time to shine. Obviously they can get things done when they need to. It would just be nice if they didn't have to talk while doing it!

- Back in time, eh? Through time and space, though? Is Primus just Eternia's future? Perhaps I'm looking at it the wrong way. They show Snake Mountain aging when they come back, but then the screen seems to shift...? Maybe this was answered at some point and I just haven't read it yet.

- Elephant in the room: Nothing on Eternia is familiar. It wouldn't have bothered me back in the day, since I didn't remember much of the old toon, but come on! Then there's none of the same characters to see - not even in the backgrounds or anything. I can see why so many people were turned off from this. It's really sad, because like I said, it's a solid story. But - BAM - add in He-Man and take away any connections to the original show and you alienate a whole fanbase. *sigh* Ah well. That said: I still enjoy the landscapes and especially Snake Mountain. I would have liked to see this one as a two-parter so they could have spent some more time in Eternia.

- Yeesh....was I complimenting the design team? Because someone forgot what skulls look like. Didn't think that one was hard. And once again, the elephant in the room: Skeletor is already in his future gear? His changeover was the coolest part of the minicomic! Though, I did read earlier in this thread that the minicomics weren't provided, so I can understand how these things happen. At any rate: I can see why they gave him eyes, since this Skeletor is much more expressive...it just doesn't work for Skeletor.

- Skeletor's personality, though....I really like it. I'm not sure I understand the majority's disgust with Skeletor's mannerisms. Everyone says he's goofy and crazy...but did anyone really take the original Skeletor seriously? The original Skeletor's high-pitched voice is the HEIGHT of comedy! THAT is goofy, to me. I love it, don't get me wrong. But if I'm gona do a joke about Skeletor, his original voice is what I think of. "NEEYA! YOU BUMBLING OAF!" Can you see where I'm coming from? This new voice for Skeletor is so...cunning. He's a thinker, and a smooth talker. I guess I just have a love for those kinds of characters. Seeing my favorite villain thinking on the fly and sounding soooo....VILLAINOUS. I don't know, it hits the right buttons for me. He just seems so much more capable than the wacky numbskull from the original series. That said: Match the original yellow skull with the NA design and voice and you'd have perfection.

- Ahhh, action! He-Man can finally use his sword! I wouldn't have noticed, back in the day, but since I've watched some of the original series, it's nice to see that these folks aren't afraid of a little swordplay. I mean, I don't expect him to cut people up, but it was awesome to see him cut that boulder in half. Then again, I think it's just that anime style that I like. Skeletor's blasts, his puff of smoke and little energy burst upon disappearing/reappearing, the lasers reflecting off He-Man's sword. Good stuff! And speaking of Skeletor's vanishing act: He's much more of a "trickster" this time around. Hopping around and all that. I like it!

- I had said I would have liked more time in Eternia, but I do like how the crossover was done. Not as much as the minicomic, but if you're strapped for time, then I wouldn't do it differently. He said farewell to his parents, and that's one of the more important parts to cover. We'll just assume he said his goodbyes to everyone else off screen. And hey, he has a good reason for going! The Sorceress makes it clear that Skeletor will no longer be a threat...even if she doesn't elaborate on that. If you think about it, they would have brought Skeletor to the future if He-Man hadn't jumped in. Sooo...I guess the real reason the future is in danger is because Skeletor was going to be sent there. Naturally, He-Man has to follow! Makes sense to me.

- I like Sebrian! Not sure why. Great voice actor, cool dialog, and possibly the most serious part of the show. It's cool that He-Man transforms in front of him right off the bat, to be completely honest with him. Sebrian needs to know this is Adam, and only a superman when in transformed state. And he handles it well! Once again, I like the guy. I can see why NA fans really want a toy of him.

- And finally, one more scene with Skeletor! I can't say enough how much I love his dialog in this, and how his voice actor performs it. Really can't see what people hate about this, other than it being so different. Not only do I love Skeletor's general costume change (with his face the only downside) but I love his change of character. Really though....he's not too terribly different. He just has better things to say!

Overall, I could see myself being a big fan of this, had I watched it as a kid. It's not bad now, either!
    Last edited by Alexx; August 7, 2014 at 11:48pm.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    I, really, don't like this show.

I am watching it along side you guys though.

I think it may have been better if the .."NOSE DIVE".. aliens from Heavy Metal showed up.
    ..or Beavis and Butthead for that matter. (it would help)

I think that the show reminds me of the Macross/Robotech third season, Mospeada genesis climber.
    The animation is lesser than the original, may be what I am saying, although the mechs look a bit similar too.

I also noticed just presently that Adam looks like the animated Highlander.
    Weird.

Magic sword still solves everything.
    ..(at least in 'The Legend of Orin' the sword becomes a broken symbol for the strength of humanity)

...huffff ...puuuh

Hello everyone, I'm finally joining the conversation. I am a fan of NA, I think the show and toys had great potential. I think the new MOTUC toys prove that this could have been a great line if Mattel took it more seriously back then.

I also want to say that if it appears like I'm criticizing something here, it doesn't mean I don't like the show in general.

So, anyway, some things I noticed, that I don't think we're already mentioned are:

Primes being an isolated, shielded planet - I get how this can be a powerful idea to present to a young child, but watching this as grown up, protectionism is never a good idea. In reality, such a world would quickly devolve into authocracy. Maybe I'm overthinking it :-) it's totally a planet I would love to live on, just probably not possible in any kind of reality.

I thought it was funny how Adam just transforms into He-Man totally out of the blue from Randor's and Marlena's perspective. No introduction or anything. Why would he do that? The Sorceress had only told him that he was needed, like she probably did many times before. She only tells him that Eternia will become the land of prosperity later. How did he assume that it would be a good idea. What about all the minions of Skeletor who would be left behind? What about the Snake Men or the Horde?

I love the new Skeletor. Not his appearance or the eyes, but I love his personality and humor.

So much for now, now gotta catch up on other episodes you guys covered!