Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pressure Casting - My First TALLSTAR Parts

Sloooowly starting to get re-inspired to work on my Tallstar custom.

I wasn't planning on attempting a waist extension, but while at the hardware store earlier today I found a part that I think I can trim, add a plug/peg to and then re-mold/cast into a functional new part/extension that will bridge between Mermista's hip piece and Tallstar's chest piece. I've already been tinkering around with converting Tallstar's chest to be like Mermista's at the bottom with the plug. I actually think that will be fairly easy, surprisingly. I did a quick, rough convert and it works.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    It's awesome seeing new versions of the Star Sisters being made! I hope you do get a chance to make a better Jewelstar. That figure is so ugly I want to punch it in the face every time I look at it.

Awesome work Tally!

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    I hope you do get a chance to make a better Jewelstar. That figure is so ugly I want to punch it in the face every time I look at it.

Awesome work Tally!
    That will (hopefully) be my next project after Tallstar.

I'm finished re-configuring the part I'm using for Tallstar's waist extension. (It has the plug and peg on it) All I have to do now is make a mold of it and cast a brand new part. Right now I'm working on Tallstar's boots. They are going to be a new design... A combination of Spinnerella's heeled boots and the American Tallstar prototype with the "connector" piece design.

I keep debating whether or not I should give her 200X-ish details.

EDIT:

My first test sample for Tallstar's waist extension, which is able to snap onto Mermista's hip piece. This is done in bright red translucent, but it's not the shade of red I will be using on the final product. It will be darker and possibly glitter-infused. The plug can be seen through the translucency (bottom-center), so that's why the last few ribbed extensions sort of look washed out. They're not actually like that in person. I'm not 100% satisfied with how this casting came out (there are some minor imperfections), so I will likely make a new mold at some point.

EDIT:

Extension with a burgundy paint spray over top the translucent red. I think I may go with this color.

EDIT:

These will be my last progress pics for at least a couple days, maybe longer. I'm still working on Tallstar's hair color. (As usual...lol I don't think I'll ever be satisfied. ) I think I like Mermista's face on Tallstar better than what she came with. I like the closed mouth and porcelain skin tone.

Comparison shot. (Just grabbed a random standard Tallstar pic off the net) One of these days I'm going to invest in a better quality camera.

One of my example pieces showing how the extension looks connected to Mermista's hip piece.

EDIT:

I wanted to do something to make custom Tallstar even more different than the original release, so I decided to try casting Netossa's hair in a dark raspberry red...just to experiment a bit. My patch job on the holes where Netossa's "wings" were turned out rougher out of the mold than expected (I have to sand them down a bit and maybe use some paint shading in that area), but I kind of like this hairstyle on Tallstar. Even though the wig doesn't have a side part, It reminds me of the huge/high 80's hair she had in the cartoon. Also have to work on making Mermista's face fit better in the wig. As always nothing in this pic is final...

And I know I keep saying this, but I'm still not totally satisfied with the hair color.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

The waist extenuation is amazing!

I didnīt know i wanted it until you made it!

I donīt think Tallstar needs a new face or hair, her face is really beautiful and she has one of the most impressive sculpted hair in the line if you ask me. The only thing i would love to see are the shiny streaks the Star Sisters where suppose to come with.

But what ever you decide iīm sure in the end she will look breathtaking!!!!!
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither