Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Snake Armor He Man/Battle Armor King Hiss Two Pack Thread

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    This reveal was a big surprise. I was not expecting this just because I know every slot was going to be deticated to vintage motu & pop & just a few top characters from na & 200x possibly.
    Getting this 200X SA He-Man vs. King Hsss 2pk helps make up for the ONE MYP figure in 2014. I am a pre-Filmation fan but I love MYP so when I subbed for 2014, I assumed we'd get at least two MYP characters like Evilseed and Prahvus, or Veena and Calix, but instead we got a steed. I support the line and I want more than just a single MYP character in my sub.

This 2pk isn't taking up a monthly slot and unlike Terror Claws Skeletor, Flying Fist He-Man, or Buzz-Saw Hordak who are 95% similar to their original releases, these MYP variants are very different from their original releases.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    Anyone up to making a custom SA HM shield to sell to fans if we dont get one in the line.
    The Godbeast made one during 200x. This 1 was painted by my 5 year old son at the time:

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    The snake form not coming in the pack is the least of any worries about these guys. Check out 21:48 on Dan's walk through. The fact that no one even THOUGHT about making sure the 200x snake torso could fit on the vintage hiss legs until he Fwoosh asked is a BAD sign. How is that not a no brainer and almost half the reason this pack exists in the first place?
    Have to admit, that comment that they were "working on" making it compatible was a surprise; I know the Hiss waist plug didn't work exceptionally well, but to have to have something like that brought up to the folks behind the line is pretty disturbing. Explains a lot, mind you, but disturbing nonetheless...

Also a bit surprised about the torso not being included; they could have simply increased the price for that item; there's no law or rule determining the price point of any of the figures as long as the prices are listed up front (hellooo Spinerella). I understand that the way the line works and the way the bean counters apparently work, there has to e a spreading of resources, and a single figure showing a break even or loss would cause great wailing and gnashing of teeth among the high poobahs, even if it more than evened out over the whole year, but I really think that this should have been included. Pushing it to later in the year, methinks, increases chances it will be cost cut (the trimming and shaving seems to increase as the year goes on). I'd be very surprised to see the bendy parts idea survive.

On the plus side, they did a real good job on the figures themselves. THe re-use on Hiss is hidden well by the new parts, and SA He-Man has a bunch of new parts, so I can see there's already a lot of tooling costs for these figures, especially for variants.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I think they look really good! I admit was surprised to see them show up though, but they are actually some of the ones I'm most excited about.

Though for some reason the Snake Armor He-man's head (or face rather) looks like Evan Peters from American Horror Story.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Have to admit, that comment that they were "working on" making it compatible was a surprise; I know the Hiss waist plug didn't work exceptionally well, but to have to have something like that brought up to the folks behind the line is pretty disturbing. Explains a lot, mind you, but disturbing nonetheless...

Also a bit surprised about the torso not being included; they could have simply increased the price for that item; there's no law or rule determining the price point of any of the figures as long as the prices are listed up front (hellooo Spinerella). I understand that the way the line works and the way the bean counters apparently work, there has to e a spreading of resources, and a single figure showing a break even or loss would cause great wailing and gnashing of teeth among the high poobahs, even if it more than evened out over the whole year, but I really think that this should have been included. Pushing it to later in the year, methinks, increases chances it will be cost cut (the trimming and shaving seems to increase as the year goes on). I'd be very surprised to see the bendy parts idea survive.

On the plus side, they did a real good job on the figures themselves. THe re-use on Hiss is hidden well by the new parts, and SA He-Man has a bunch of new parts, so I can see there's already a lot of tooling costs for these figures, especially for variants.
    I disagree. Look back when shadow weaver came out lots of people canceled their credit cards after getting her which meant they subscribed under false pretence never intending to honor the years commitment.
    Everyone loves the New King Hiss and wants that new awesome highly detailed snake form so by mattel incuding it with another figure later in the 2015 year it prevents people from pulling a shadow waver sleazy move, and at this point we have no Idea if the figure it will be coming with will have day of sale or not.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I disagree. Look back when shadow weaver came out lots of people canceled their credit cards after getting her which meant they subscribed under false pretence never intending to honor the years commitment.
    Everyone loves the New King Hiss and wants that new awesome highly detailed snake form so by mattel incuding it with another figure later in the 2015 year it prevents people from pulling a shadow waver sleazy move, and at this point we have no Idea if the figure it will be coming with will have day of sale or not.
    Good point. I am just pumped that these 2 are being released. So awesome. As for the plug not already fitting, i don't get that either. It seems like it would be a logical and immediate thought for the snakes could be used with either king hsss figure.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    Just finished watching Rise of the Snakemen, I'm pumped for this two-pack in 2015. Please Subscribe!

Quote Originally Posted by CapricornDefender View Post
    Yeah it only took likes 5 years of a basic figure climbing from $22 to $27 for them to produce slick looking $20 quality figure, with no light up gimmicks, action features or any other cost increasing features less expensive retail figures have.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...oker-45046.png
    "Price increase in 2015! Follow me on Twitter #10%morepaintappsthanlasttrollpost #nominicomicincludedin$75figure"

Do you ever get the feeling that some people never really liked the line to begin with, and only hang around here to tease people who do?

I've always loved the 200X version of King Hiss, loved the egyptian look! S/A He-Man is definatly an awesome variant. Very cool two pack!!!
    No sacrifice is for nothing, if it helps other people. - He-Man
    Episode: Eye of the beholder

Market place feedback:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ht=mosquitor87

Member of the Arizona Mazters!

Bring more 200x, this reveal was the best!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    Do you ever get the feeling that some people never really liked the line to begin with, and only hang around here to tease people who do?
    all the time bro, all the time
    My tribute to MOTUC video using still photos of MOTUC figures with filmation music : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ibute-to-MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    2003 is a few years ago? Not only was Hsss a worthless toy for the gimmick the jammed him with (he had no arm or waist articulation), but Snake Armor He-Man was only available outside North America... *most* of the fans of the 200x toyline never had a chance to get him. These are both improvements on the original figures, *and* they're in scale/proportion with a much more inclusive and expansive line...

I can't even compare the 2003 toys to these reveals.
    I've never been big on SA he-man but this trumps the 2kx one. King hiss is brillint. This is my dream line. Classics body types (muscular bulky etc) and 2kx designs with size difference of the stactions for good measure.

SA he-man however was sold at canadian stores
    Wal-Mart if I recall
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Another poster brought this up earlier, but I didn't hear anything more about it: does Scott know the prototype had the extra shoulder armor on the wrong shoulder? He-man's upper left arm is suppose to be completely bare. Did it change over the weekend or did he comment on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Another poster brought this up earlier, but I didn't hear anything more about it: does Scott know the prototype had the extra shoulder armor on the wrong shoulder? He-man's upper left arm is suppose to be completely bare. Did it change over the weekend or did he comment on it?
    Yeah, it's standard SDCC kinda stuff. People set up the figures and don't really know how they go together, so if something falls off, they just make an educated guess and slap it back on. Honestly, I probably would have put it there too! The other side is so armored that, if I didn't know any better, I'd assume it went on the bare arm.

But yeah, it's on correctly in the pictures from the panel. It was just put together wrong in the showcase.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    But yeah, it's on correctly in the pictures from the panel. It was just put together wrong in the showcase.
    Just being proactive. I don't want to receive the pack in February with the shoulder armor wrong and Scott's defense being "why didn't fans mention it back at SDCC"?

OVERLORD OF EVIL mdhollywood247's Avatar
    I'm looking forward to this 2 pack and buying 2. I plan on displaying Hiss in both forms plus taking the head of SA He Man on the second set and putting it on the 2nd King Grayskull I made into a 200x He Man. Then taking the King Grayskull head from that figure and putting on SA body for SA King Grayskull for the beginning of The Power of Grayskull episode.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosquitor87 View Post
    I've always loved the 200X version of King Hiss, loved the egyptian look!
    Now we just need that Egyptian looking MYP Sorceress to complete the look!
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Have to admit, that comment that they were "working on" making it compatible was a surprise
    With the lead-in time needed to get a figure designed and eventually manufactured (12-24 mnths) I doubt Scott meant they were just now addressing this issue. If understood in proper context it was probably addressed late in the process yes, but I'm sure is something being addressed with enough time, so that it's not too late to consider it for v1 Hiss.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    This was the biggest surprise for me from sdcc! I love it! I have to get an extra set to swap the he-man head out on a king grayskull body to make a 200x he-man. And I have to get the king hssss legs for the snake torso later on. Such a great pack and idea on matty's part!

I wonder if the 4H sculpted a shield for He-Man? If so I good it finds its way into the line. If not it's not a huge deal because he is impressive regardless. It will be interesting to see where this incarnation of He-Man fits into the bios, before or after the SUB.

Is it just me or does SA He-Man's face look familiar to Peter Dinklage.DSC_0775.jpgpeter-dinklage-hbos-annual-emmy-awards-post_5918826.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Skeledor View Post
    Is it just me or does SA He-Man's face look familiar to Peter Dinklage.DSC_0775.jpgpeter-dinklage-hbos-annual-emmy-awards-post_5918826.jpg
    Same nose.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Heroic Warrior
    So far this the top item I must have from the 2015 sub, the only other item that could possibly surpass it would be a Stridor. Im so glad I subscribed this year.

Heroic Warrior
    (sigh)..... now we just have to hope evil mike makes a SA he-man shield for us to complete the figure. i just got my filmation hordak head from kevin kosse. is anyone else tired of having to buy stuff separately that should have came with the figures in the first place or is it just me? and yes... great sculpts.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Just being proactive. I don't want to receive the pack in February with the shoulder armor wrong and Scott's defense being "why didn't fans mention it back at SDCC"?
    Personally I thought it looked quite good if not better that way but I'm sure they'll notice, there wouldn't be anywhere to attach the armour to on that side.