View Poll Results: Are you buying the 12" vintage figures this fall?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!!! All 4!

14 8.09%
  • Yes, but cherry picking my favorites

11 6.36%
  • Maybe.....we will see

36 20.81%
  • NEVER!

112 64.74%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you buying the 12" vintage style figures?

Are you buying the 12" vintage style figures?

Just seeing what everyone's thoughts are. If no, please elaborate on why
    MOTUC Needs:Fisto, Whiplash, Shadow Weaver, Spikor, Sorceress, Mighty Spector, Batros, Foe Men, Frosta, Griffin, Granamyr, Shadowbeast, Horde Prime, Jitsu, Rokkon/Stonedar, Jet Sled, Goddess, Wundar, Strobo, Castle Grayskull, Yellow Evil Lynn, Dekker, Pre-ternia He-man, Star Sisters, snake men, NA He-man, TP He-man, horde trooper(s), sky high, Faker, Snake MAA

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I'd get the first two for the novelty of them... if they were blowmolded and like $25. Way too expensive for novelty, and way to big for anything else.

I'll definitely be picking up all 4 of them!!

He-Man's head sculpt is definitely off a bit, but I really like the rest of them, especially Skeletor!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

No.
    But the giant Stratos does have me thinking...

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Never ever !!!!!!!! They are piece of **** to me
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    They are very cool. But Im not that kind of collector I just want motuc 6 inch figures only.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

no way they suck

Maybe ... But if i do buy them it will probably be like a one time thing

Might have been more interested if the releases had been spread out. A new release every month (plus the regular 6" figures) is more than I can afford.

already have a complete vintage collection i do not need that
    seriously that s a waist of money and time for me but understand some of collectors out there could like them cause way bigger for our bigger adult's hands lol
    however i hope they are still focusing on Classics toyline, this line is so huge, hope they will make new characters for years!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Not sure, they could have been so much better - even rising the price a little and spreading the releases out would have been good.

I don't like the He-Man, Stratos is OK, might get Beastman and Skeletor. But the last few months are PACKED with various releases, plus the DC Super Powers stuff, mini figures etc.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

No, I will never buy them.

1. Too expensive.
    2. No mini comic!
    3. He-Man's head sculpt is poorly done.
    4. Packaging elements are poorly proportioned and positioned.
    5. Packaging is not resealable.
    6. "made in China" on back of He-Man's sword is ugly and distracting.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    I expect to get 2 (maybe 3) if Mer-Man was to be released next year, his vintage colour tones are
    freaking awesome !!
    But i agree with folks here, way too many negative aspects to point out, nostalgia part...

1. Way too expensive
    2. End of year will be expensive (especially October)
    3. He-mans head looks god awful
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Nada not into this trend of 12 inch retro stuff. I'd rather get original stuff
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

The only one I might get is Mer-Man, assuming they don't screw him up. Still, pretty expensive.

Early on one of the justifications for the expense of these was that they are solid plastic. But from Pixel Dan's walkthrough with toyguru they seem to be rotocast, so these should really be not much more expensive than Tytus/Megator.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I am still undecided. I like them and want them, but price is playing a factor.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I picked "maybe." I might get Skeletor, but that would be it. We'll see how I feel when the time comes.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Right now I know I'd like to get Skeletor. That's about it so far. I'd get He-man, too, but his head is too far off the look of the vintage figure.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I voted maybe, as I am technically undecided, but I am strongly leaning towards no.

If I were to get any of them, it would only be He-Man and Skeletor. But there are a few reasons why I still might not get them:

*Both of them are botched IMO. He-Man especially, as his head sculpt just doesn't look right at all. Skeletor's sculpt is fine, but I really don't like how they handled the green coloring around his face. It doesn't blend into the yellow properly, and instead there is a very distinct line. For a $75 premium item, they should have been more spot on.

*While I'm generally not a "MOC-Collector," being that these are oversized and on vintage style cards, displaying them MOC would be nice. But at the same time at that size, it would be cool to be able to take them out, display them with their weapons, etc. But the only way to do both is to buy two of each of them and keep one set in the package. The $75 price is already high, but there's definitely no way that I would be willing to pay $150 to get two of the same figure (plus tax and shipping).

*While I've already mentioned price, over $75 is a lot for these, and they are all being released monthly at the end of this year in what is already an overloaded time. In addition to the regular Club Eternia sub, the POP mini-sub is just kicking into effect and will go for the rest of the year. Every other month, the minis come out, which I am also collecting. And the Battle Ram, which will cost $110, is coming out later this year, too.

It would be nice if the giant sized figures were more spaced out (though my issues and reservations with them would still remain), but releasing them monthly is suicide.

I have zero interest in the giant versions of Stratos and Beastman. It's not that I don't like the characters, but their sculpts in the vintage line, particularly Beastman's, were less than impressive IMO. And since both figures were significantly improved upon (to me, anyway) in their MOTUC incarnations, which I already have, I see no reason to shell out the money to buy oversized versions of what I consider to be not only lesser sculpts compared to their MOTUC versions, but sculpts that in general just weren't that great to begin with in-and-of themselves.

Plus Stratos being the blue winged version doesn't help either. I far prefer his more traditional red winged, blue armor look. While I don't "mind" the blue winged look, and I did buy the DC VS MOTUC TRU pack to get the blue winged Stratos (since that was more reasonably priced and I am being completest with MOTUC), him being in a less preferred (to me) color scheme just adds even more reasoning for me not to buy him.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

If they do Teela or Evil-Lyn I will purchase in a heartbeat

As much as I love MOTU, I am definitely passing on these. MOTUC and the mini sets, I am all over though!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Passing. They are rotocast, similar in size/style as the Jakks Pacific ones, but 3 times the price. Just can't justify that. Well, and that He-man head.

Heroic Warrior
    Hell no! I don't get the interest in releasing larger vintage style figure like this or Star Wars, and now also GI Joe? I've seen what past toys are and they pale in comparison to what we get now- the sculpts, the articulation, the paints, the accessories are all better, why is there interest in new releases made like they were in the 80's? And even at retail they are producing smaller scale figures with 5 POAs or less? Guess its just less for me to be interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Hell no! I don't get the interest in releasing larger vintage style figure like this or Star Wars, and now also GI Joe? I've seen what past toys are and they pale in comparison to what we get now- the sculpts, the articulation, the paints, the accessories are all better, why is there interest in new releases made like they were in the 80's? And even at retail they are producing smaller scale figures with 5 POAs or less? Guess its just less for me to be interested in.
    This ^. I also don't understand this current trend for big versions of 80's toys. The only "bigger" figures I'll buy are Takara/Hasbro's Masterpiece Transformers because:

A) They're spot on G1,
    B) They're updated with new, more cartoon accurate heads and, oh my word, that pant-wettingly lush articulation!
    C) I can open the box, take the 'Bot out, display, put back in the box if I want.
    D) They're Transformers!

I'll happily pay £100 for MP Ultra Magnus at the end of this year, but £100 (maybe more depending on exchange rate and postage costs) for a rotocast 12" figure with 5 points of articulation and, in He-Man's case, special Derpy features? (Well, since MLP:FiM every property has to have it's own Derpy, right? Why not He-Man?! ) No thanks.

To me these would just be a massive waste of money.